OPUS#3 Hi-Res Audio player w/wifi and streaming
Oct 12, 2017 at 10:18 AM Post #436 of 533
Oh yes, I noticed this behavior as well, but it doesn't bother me :smile_phones:

It is similar with most other DAPs when you install a third party app, it gets feature control of the hardware buttons :gs1000smile:

but it shouldn't be the case as i already force stopped the app - so the app should relinquish control of the hardware buttons. even my then X7 didn't do such. :pensive:

Oct 12, 2017 at 1:02 PM Post #437 of 533
but it shouldn't be the case as i already force stopped the app - so the app should relinquish control of the hardware buttons. even my then X7 didn't do such. :pensive:

I think that the intended behavior acts like thius becaust the developers supposed that when you do install another app, you would use it to replace your main app, so this is why they did it this way.

To be honest, I personally just uninstalled most 3rd party apps, because I prefer to have just one main app, but I can see how it would be a problem. I'll try talking with Opus sometime in the next few days and tell them, maybe they can sort it out! :darthsmile:

Oct 12, 2017 at 8:04 PM Post #438 of 533
I think that the intended behavior acts like thius becaust the developers supposed that when you do install another app, you would use it to replace your main app, so this is why they did it this way.

To be honest, I personally just uninstalled most 3rd party apps, because I prefer to have just one main app, but I can see how it would be a problem. I'll try talking with Opus sometime in the next few days and tell them, maybe they can sort it out! :darthsmile:

That would be nice if you could talk to them - honestly, there’s something wrong with thier Support lately. Quite unresponsive.

I get your point when an App gets to use the hardware buttons - but NOT to relaunch and use the same App when you have already Force Quit the same App

Oct 13, 2017 at 1:44 AM Post #439 of 533
hi, can somebody confirm if you power on the device it does a full scan of the micro sd. for me a 256gb card it takes 5+minutes, during which you cannot playback from micro sd. there is no way to disable this power on automatic full scan?

Oct 13, 2017 at 2:46 AM Post #440 of 533
hi, can somebody confirm if you power on the device it does a full scan of the micro sd. for me a 256gb card it takes 5+minutes, during which you cannot playback from micro sd. there is no way to disable this power on automatic full scan?

Yes it does a scan on power up. No way of disabling the DB scan. - This was discussed before, you may want to back read a few pages back.

Oct 13, 2017 at 7:08 AM Post #441 of 533

Yep, this is the normal behavior for Opus DAPs

On the other hand, Opus DAPs have a sleep feature, just press pause and close the screen, the DAP goes into sleep and it won't loose battery! You basically solve this one easily!

Oct 13, 2017 at 7:52 AM Post #443 of 533
it will on both sleep and off modes :expressionless:

What I mean is that it will loose but at a very slow rate :ksc75smile:

If you're experiencing a major drain over sleep mode or off mode, maybe it is time to contact the seller you bought form because mine does not do that, it is pretty much idling without loosing too much energy. At least it doesn't loose more than any of my other DAPs...

Oct 13, 2017 at 8:23 AM Post #444 of 533
What I mean is that it will loose but at a very slow rate :ksc75smile:

If you're experiencing a major drain over sleep mode or off mode, maybe it is time to contact the seller you bought form because mine does not do that, it is pretty much idling without loosing too much energy. At least it doesn't loose more than any of my other DAPs...

both of my Opus units sees around 10% drain when fully turned off - my M2s does better in off and doesn't loose any battery % in the same amount of time. users have experienced and given feedback on this as well. So i believe it's an Opus thing - my main gripe about their products.

Oct 13, 2017 at 9:19 AM Post #445 of 533
Thanks for your feedback regarding sleep mode.

I also have problems with DLNA playback using the net opus player. It does not play Apple losses (ALAC) and dsd (dsf) files. AAC and flac files are ok. Can anybody confirm this behaviour?

Nov 3, 2017 at 9:04 AM Post #447 of 533
uuhhmmmm...something "magically" happened with my #3....

i wasn't using it for about 2 weeks, i turned it on and the battery level is still 100%!!!! i thought it was just a fluke. so i tried not using it for another week, turned it back on - the battery level is still 100%!

very happy with this development! i just don't know 'what happened' as i always voice out my concerns regarding the draining battery while fully turned off. i guess i'm now a happy camper!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back