OPPO To Reveal PM-3 Planar Magnetic Headphones and HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier at RMAF
Dec 1, 2014 at 7:53 AM Post #406 of 1,240
  The PM-3 is like the PM-1/2 where the earcups can rotate in so they have a smaller profile. Folding the earcups in was something we toyed with, but never found a solution which met our ID standards.

Sorry that was my fault I did not describe very well as you say they do Fold Flat (Rotate 90 degrees) but do not fold in on themselves to make a ball like some headphones. 

Dec 1, 2014 at 4:00 PM Post #407 of 1,240
  Sorry that was my fault I did not describe very well as you say they do Fold Flat (Rotate 90 degrees) but do not fold in on themselves to make a ball like some headphones. 

After having both types (fold flat and fold up into a ball) over the years, I like the fold flat better.  for my packing and stuff, the thinner but "broader" size of headphones folded flat in a case just seems to fit more spaces than the "fold into ball" type does, at least for me.

Dec 1, 2014 at 11:37 PM Post #408 of 1,240
Not sure if this was posted but we've got images of the final appearance of the PM3

http://pj.hiapk.com/earphone/141031/1558850.html

Dat brushed metal. A much better choice than the glossy preproduction cups.

Looks like there's going to be a black and white version with a leather covered headband while at the same time there will be coloured versions with a more contemporary plastic on top and leather on bottom.

Dec 2, 2014 at 12:08 AM Post #409 of 1,240
Not sure if this was posted but we've got images of the final appearance of the PM3

http://pj.hiapk.com/earphone/141031/1558850.html

Dat brushed metal. A much better choice than the glossy preproduction cups.

Looks like there's going to be a black and white version with a leather covered headband while at the same time there will be coloured versions with a more contemporary plastic on top and leather on bottom.

You forgot to post the most important photo!
929-141031111432-52.jpg

That headphone model looks pretty good to me.

Dec 2, 2014 at 12:23 AM Post #410 of 1,240

Looks like there's also a "contemporary" headband for the black and white. Personally I like the black leather wrapped one the best. It makes the PM3 look like the legitimate younger sibling of the 1 and 2.

Dec 2, 2014 at 1:31 AM Post #411 of 1,240

Looks like there's also a "contemporary" headband for the black and white. Personally I like the black leather wrapped one the best. It makes the PM3 look like the legitimate younger sibling of the 1 and 2.

they really shoulda used black earpads & black accents underneath the headband for the colored models. the blue color looks nice, but the grey accents ruin it.

i think the white would also look nicer if the the earcup backing was white as well.

looks like I'm getting the boring black one unless the white looks nicer in person than in the pictures.

Dec 2, 2014 at 4:45 PM Post #412 of 1,240
Hi, just read about these PM-3 headphones and was interested in getting a pair for my wife for Christmas to go with her new Xperia Z3 phone. Since it plays hi-res audio I figured this might be a good pair of headphones for her to use when she travels. Just wondering if there has been a release date announced yet and also does anywhere know the efficiency on these headphones? Thanks!

Dec 2, 2014 at 5:08 PM Post #414 of 1,240
Hi, just read about these PM-3 headphones and was interested in getting a pair for my wife for Christmas to go with her new Xperia Z3 phone. Since it plays hi-res audio I figured this might be a good pair of headphones for her to use when she travels. Just wondering if there has been a release date announced yet and also does anywhere know the efficiency on these headphones? Thanks!

Next year lol.

Dec 2, 2014 at 5:26 PM Post #416 of 1,240
Dang, maybe for her birthday in February then?

I wouldn't hold my breath. Doing a quick search of this thread for 'release date' reveals that they are tentatively planning to release in Janurary, but nothing is concrete yet. Given the past releases of the HA-1 and PM-1 chances are it may be beyond Janurary, but you never know.

Dec 2, 2014 at 7:06 PM Post #417 of 1,240
Yeah well it sounds like it may be a winner at the price point anyway. I like the different color stylings, she wanted a pair of beats because they looked nice, I told her I would find her something that looks good and sounds better. This may be it

Dec 6, 2014 at 1:30 PM Post #418 of 1,240
Would like to see two comparisons

KEF M500 vs PM-3

and

iFi DSD Micro vs HA-2

Dec 10, 2014 at 2:27 PM Post #419 of 1,240
Would like to see two comparisons

KEF M500 vs PM-3

and

iFi DSD Micro vs HA-2

ifi dsd will be difficult to beat so don't bet for that 

Dec 10, 2014 at 2:32 PM Post #420 of 1,240

ifi dsd will be difficult to beat so don't bet for that 

If I recall, ClieOS did a very quick comparison already. The iDSD was better across the board but the HA-2 wasn't far behind. It's likely to have better synergy with the PM-3 compared to with the iDSD. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back