OPPO To Reveal PM-3 Planar Magnetic Headphones and HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier at RMAF
Dec 13, 2014 at 12:21 PM Post #421 of 1,240
If I recall, ClieOS did a very quick comparison already. The iDSD was better across the board but the HA-2 wasn't far behind. It's likely to have better synergy with the PM-3 compared to with the iDSD. 

Keep in mind that the HA-2 is still being improved.

Beta testers are on the 2nd prototype now and a third is forthcoming. I'm not going to hold back in saying that I'm very impressed with OPPO's ability to rapidly respond to feedback, not just with firmware changes, but also with hardware improvements. And their engineers aren't afraid to dig deep and debate suggestions, sometimes educating us rather than just blindly seeking a consensus of opinion.

The result is that HA-2 and the PM-3 just keep getting better.

Mike

Dec 15, 2014 at 11:47 AM Post #423 of 1,240
I really hope this works with GPE roms. I also hope they mean early January when they say that they're aiming for a January 2015 release.

Kojaku

Dec 15, 2014 at 1:55 PM Post #424 of 1,240
 ​

OPPO Digital, Inc. plans to reveal two new products still under development at the Rocky Mountain Audio Fest. The PM-3 is a lightweight, closed-back planar magnetic headphone that provides excellent sound quality and portability, and the HA-2 is a portable headphone amplifier with built-in rechargeable battery designed to pair with mobile phones and portable music players.

Sorry if it has already been asked, can you charge the HA-2 while playing ??

Dec 15, 2014 at 7:10 PM Post #425 of 1,240
Depends on the way you are using the HA-2. If you are using it with an Android device, no, since you are using the mico-USB-B port. If you are using it with an iOS device, then yes, you can charge and use it at the same time.

Dec 15, 2014 at 9:10 PM Post #426 of 1,240
  Depends on the way you are using the HA-2. If you are using it with an Android device, no, since you are using the mico-USB-B port. If you are using it with an iOS device, then yes, you can charge and use it at the same time.

How extensive is the model and rom coverage that you guys have tested with the HA-2? I wish I had known about this beta, as I always have a GPE phone with the latest pure Android on it to try. I will order on launch day, regardless, in order to find out. Knowing sooner would be nice, though.

Kojaku

Dec 16, 2014 at 6:06 PM Post #428 of 1,240
  How extensive is the model and rom coverage that you guys have tested with the HA-2? I wish I had known about this beta, as I always have a GPE phone with the latest pure Android on it to try. I will order on launch day, regardless, in order to find out. Knowing sooner would be nice, though.

Kojaku

Don't really know this off hand, since we are using a small beta test group. I really do not perceive any compatibility issues, as even devices which had no built in OTG support (ie. anything before Lollipop or special hardware playback software) works with the HA-2.

Dec 17, 2014 at 2:25 AM Post #429 of 1,240
Don't really know this off hand, since we are using a small beta test group. I really do not perceive any compatibility issues, as even devices which had no built in OTG support (ie. anything before Lollipop or special hardware) works with the HA-2.

Do you mean digitally? I f course know that you can use any android phone with the amp section.

Kojaku

Dec 17, 2014 at 3:08 AM Post #430 of 1,240
Don't really know this off hand, since we are using a small beta test group. I really do not perceive any compatibility issues, as even devices which had no built in OTG support (ie. anything before Lollipop or special hardware) works with the HA-2.
Do you mean digitally? I f course know that you can use any android phone with the amp section.

Kojaku

OTG refers to 'On The Go' USB connection, so yes digitally. :wink:

Dec 18, 2014 at 1:09 PM Post #431 of 1,240
OTG refers to 'On The Go' USB connection, so yes digitally. :wink:

Oh right, lol. I didn't think about that, haha.

So, is there any further word on release date? We're all waiting on it.

Kojaku

Dec 18, 2014 at 5:29 PM Post #432 of 1,240
Oh right, lol. I didn't think about that, haha.

So, is there any further word on release date? We're all waiting on it.

Kojaku

I don't want to be a prat, but literally on the previous page is information about the release date. A quick search for 'release date' will reveal that Janurary or February is the target.

Dec 18, 2014 at 8:43 PM Post #433 of 1,240
I don't want to be a prat, but literally on the previous page is information about the release date. A quick search for 'release date' will reveal that Janurary or February is the target.

Yes, I'd read that. I was hoping for something more specific, though. If nothing further is available, then my apologies. I'm just uber excited for the release.

Kojaku

Dec 18, 2014 at 9:02 PM Post #434 of 1,240
Yes, I'd read that. I was hoping for something more specific, though. If nothing further is available, then my apologies. I'm just uber excited for the release.

Kojaku

Aren't we all. Lol. :D

Dec 21, 2014 at 9:50 AM Post #435 of 1,240
I heard them last month
http://www.head-fi.org/t/746776/2nd-november-hifi-news-audio-show-surrey-england-oppo-pm3/0_100

Users who are viewing this thread

Back