Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions
Mar 17, 2016 at 1:14 PM Post #3,826 of 6,302
I concur. White looks so good in person. Just worried how much of a hassle it will be maintaining them.

Yes, they're going to show the dirt / marks more !
  If you don't take them off you can't admire how good they look!

Can't watch the TV either !
I concur. White looks so good in person. Just worried how much of a hassle it will be maintaining them.

Not the same thing.

No it isn't.....two lots of beauty, I can't handle !

Mar 17, 2016 at 2:20 PM Post #3,827 of 6,302
Just been listening to PM-3 via ZX-2 for about 30 mins and I was quite impressed with the overall presentation and tonality of the headphones. It did feel it was missing last bit of refinement however the ZX-2 was already at 90% volume and I suspect the ZX-2 was the limiting factor. I came home and connected it to the Hugo and I am gobsmacked! My jaw is on the floor. 
basshead.gif
They are just so wonderful out of the Hugo. The bass is super tight (anyone calling them bass-light should try Daft Punk Drezzed or the Solar Sailor), the mids, which are very important to me are flow so effortlessly and top end has the right amount of sparkle for me. I can see the complaints about the soundstage and I agree its not big but I actually like the intimate presentation. It just envelops you in music and you get lost in it. I think I will sell my Nighthawks now as I can't see the need for it.

Mar 17, 2016 at 2:21 PM Post #3,828 of 6,302
Mar 17, 2016 at 2:58 PM Post #3,829 of 6,302
last update on the sine

so after 70 hours or so burn in I gave the Sine its real proper normal listening for me anyway this was an hour out walking while on my lunch break.  They sound good and haven't really changed that much from the first listen after 24 hours.  im now in a quandary do I keep them or not as I only need one pair of headphones.  I have 14 days to test and send back.

The Sine to me do not sound any better or worse than the PM3 just different which is a really good thing I miss the clarity of the PM3 but like the kick the Sine provides and vice versa when using PM3.  I prefer the over ear PM3 but on ear does not seem to bother me build quality for both is excellent although Audeze missed a trick not including a hard case for a portable can with just a pouch.

The compact size of the Sine is a lot better, I could wear them in the office and not feel uncomfortable something I couldn't do with PM3.

The real pain in the Sine is the cable, double ended shouldn't be used on a portable anymore, although does this mean they could be used with a balanced source should a custom cable be made?

Im really not sure here.  It would be easy if I was gaining or loosing something but im not, not to my ears anyway.

Mar 17, 2016 at 4:41 PM Post #3,832 of 6,302
Remember Sine will also have the cypher lighting cable with amp/dac and eq capability with Iphone. Thats something I like since i used Iphone as source. I bought the HifiSkyn case for the iphone but it is still somewhat bulky. Also i cant eq the Pm-3s when using Tidal. So I will have to really compare the two of them. I am all about sound quality but also convenience.

Mar 17, 2016 at 6:34 PM Post #3,834 of 6,302

The real pain in the Sine is the cable, double ended shouldn't be used on a portable anymore, although does this mean they could be used with a balanced source should a custom cable be made?

Im really not sure here.  It would be easy if I was gaining or loosing something but im not, not to my ears anyway.

The cups are wired with each side being a mono connection so apparently with the pinout information new, and balanced cables would be possible unless I misread.

Mar 18, 2016 at 5:44 PM Post #3,835 of 6,302
Almost an entire month later, my parts for my SE cable finally arrive from Lunashops.com

It's an 8 wire Silver & Copper cable with 3 pole connectors.

They fit the headphone fine. I just have to remember only order from Lunashops if I don't really need the product.

All in all, not a bad cable for $24.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back