Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions
Mar 15, 2016 at 7:08 PM Post #3,811 of 6,313
If your someone who seeks out HI-Res audio, SACD, DSD, Vinyl etc etc
and who carefully selects the best medium to play them through then
there is a VERY good chance these headphones are 
for you !

beyersmile.png

Mar 15, 2016 at 7:09 PM Post #3,812 of 6,313
  Agree, these are more neutral than Switzerland. Someone after V or U shape tuning will find them boring I suppose, but that's their loss. If that's what you're after, grab some V-modas and be happy :)

Thats exactly what I did too LOL but I will be back someday!!! I waiting for more reviews of the Sine, but I might as well buy the PM-3s again to do a direct comparison with the Sines. 

Mar 16, 2016 at 7:43 PM Post #3,814 of 6,313
Just ordered the White PM-3's. I've got the original LCD-2 v1.0 which I absolutely love, the AudioQuest Nighthawk and HD650. I'll be using the ZX-2 and FiioX5ii/ Hugo combo to test the PM-3. I had a brief listen at the London headfi meet and was quite impressed so I'm pretty excited to get my hands on them.

Mar 17, 2016 at 7:59 AM Post #3,816 of 6,313

Just compared Sine with my pm-3
how sine sounds compared with pm-3?
in a word : dark
two words : less lively
in a word(again) : boring. that's shocking because I have always thought pm-3 is slightly boring or less lively.
this is from 40minutes comparing, so I may change my mind.

Mar 17, 2016 at 9:57 AM Post #3,817 of 6,313
Just picked up some PM3's yesterday from Selfridges after reading all the favourable reviews online.

Is it just me, or do they sound.... boring? Compared to my old Sennheiser IE80's, they have much less distortion, but for the genres of music I list to everything just sounds a bit bland (rock, metal, pop, rap). 

Particularly the lack of any real bass in some of my songs is very noticeable. Now I don't want Beats level bass but... 

Does anyone have any recommendations for another set of cans that are similar but with more "life"? 

Mar 17, 2016 at 10:00 AM Post #3,818 of 6,313
  Just picked up some PM3's yesterday from Selfridges after reading all the favourable reviews online.

Is it just me, or do they sound.... boring? Compared to my old Sennheiser IE80's, they have much less distortion, but for the genres of music I list to everything just sounds a bit bland (rock, metal, pop, rap). 

Particularly the lack of any real bass in some of my songs is very noticeable. Now I don't want Beats level bass but... 

Does anyone have any recommendations for another set of cans that are similar but with more "life"? 

I think its just you. What are you using for a source? These are some great headphones! I am listening to mine right now via iBasso DX80 with iDSD Micro and they push the PM3s to there full potential.

Mar 17, 2016 at 10:11 AM Post #3,819 of 6,313

​
I purchased mine last Friday. Had mixed feelings at first, from WOW to i'm not so sure. Then I used an amp, & it's total new ball game ! Have you tried with an amp ?

Mar 17, 2016 at 10:44 AM Post #3,820 of 6,313
Got mine delivered today. Spent only about 10 mins so far but liking it already.

Mar 17, 2016 at 11:32 AM Post #3,822 of 6,313
I concur. White looks so good in person. Just worried how much of a hassle it will be maintaining them.

Mar 17, 2016 at 11:39 AM Post #3,823 of 6,313
   ​
I went for the white one's too....very classy ! I'm finding difficult to remove them from my head !     ​

If you don't take them off you can't admire how good they look!

Mar 17, 2016 at 12:21 PM Post #3,825 of 6,313

Users who are viewing this thread

Back