OPPO PM-1 / PM-2 Loaner Program
Apr 14, 2015 at 3:34 AM Post #286 of 761
  Received PM-1 Canada Unit #1 from @kid vic today. A fun evening of tunes ensued. These things are craptastic!

L3000.gif

Glad you like them! 
beerchug.gif

Apr 19, 2015 at 5:35 PM Post #287 of 761
Got the PM-2 a few days ago and all I can say is that these headphones are truly world class except for the bass rollover. I also do wish they were closed to be portable but I guess that's where the PM-3 comes in. 

Apr 20, 2015 at 8:46 PM Post #288 of 761
@murphythecat, you have something coming to you from Calgary. You're a lucky boy.

Apr 21, 2015 at 2:34 PM Post #290 of 761
Good Afternoon,

I would be interested in the Oppo PM-2.  I understand the terms and conditions of this program.

Thanks
MWSVette

Apr 22, 2015 at 12:39 AM Post #291 of 761
  Got the PM-2 a few days ago and all I can say is that these headphones are truly world class except for the bass rollover. I also do wish they were closed to be portable but I guess that's where the PM-3 comes in. 

What bass rollover? Very interested to hear what you mean by bass rollover. Are you saying that the bass bleeds into other areas with the PM-2? 

Thanks,

evil_smiley.gif

Apr 22, 2015 at 5:32 AM Post #292 of 761
What bass rollover? Very interested to hear what you mean by bass rollover. Are you saying that the bass bleeds into other areas with the PM-2? 

Thanks,

:evil:

I'm sorry that was a typo on my end, the treble not the bass. The bass is perfect.

Apr 27, 2015 at 6:21 PM Post #295 of 761
  Picked up the PM-1 from the post office today and gave them a quick listen. First things first they are easily the single most comfortable headphones I have ever put on my head. EVER. Not even close. The sound so far is secondary even though from what I've heard so far is quite good but the comfort build quality and look is just sick. 10's all around. I recent purchased the new gear from OPPO the PM-3 and HA-2 so already the HA-2 pairs perfectly with it and I fear this is going to cause an immediate and swift shift in my priorities lol. 

I need these headphones in my life...

Now I just someone to tell me what the difference is between the PM-1 and PM-2's so any help would be great appreciated. 

More kinds words to come in a few days. Until then

beerchug.gif

Thanks,

evil_smiley.gif

Since you shipped the package almost 2 weeks ago... is @mapmustang done with his audition?  Have he shipped it to @jerick70 yet?

Apr 27, 2015 at 6:48 PM Post #296 of 761
  any reviews for us?

No... I'm in a course at the moment, and I've had to prepare 3 different presentations for work in the last couple of weeks. Lots of notes, but no review yet. Next week I hope to put something together.

Apr 28, 2015 at 3:52 PM Post #297 of 761

Since you shipped the package almost 2 weeks ago... is @mapmustang done with his audition?  Have he shipped it to @jerick70 yet?

I'm willing to wait a little.  I just received the PM-3 from the other Oppo loaner program thread.  I would hate to have both at the same time.  I wouldn't get a good enough listen to each headphone.

Apr 28, 2015 at 4:51 PM Post #298 of 761
But you would get to do an A-B comparison.  Audio memory is very bad.  I just had the PM-3 and wish I could have had the PM-2 here at the same time.

I intend to write a comparison but it will be colored by my bad memory for sure.

Apr 29, 2015 at 11:57 AM Post #300 of 761
  I received PM-1 unit #2 today from namhkim. Thanks namhkim for the nice packaging!

Unfortunately, I don't have headphone amp at home. They are all at the office. So I tried a headphone jack of my home theater receiver. Still I enjoyed the sound out of PM-1. I will update after I spend more time with it. 

aharitt - did you finish your audition? I only see that it's now with Stephan but I don't think there's been an update for a couple weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back