Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread
Apr 5, 2014 at 9:54 AM Post #136 of 3,729

Thanks Jude, this is exactly the sort of feedback that I've been interested in hearing.

Yes, sounds very promising..

Apr 5, 2014 at 10:38 AM Post #138 of 3,729
Dear PM-1 owners, I understand that it can be a very agonizing job reviewing a pair of headphones and not getting it right can leave you miserable. So here's my idea. Send a pair to Tyll. He'll have graphs and he's heard just about every pair of headphones made. He knows the ins and outs of them and explaining their sound comes as natural as Bob Barker telling you what prize you've won and understanding him is like hearing Bob tell you "you've won a brand new car!" you just get it.

Apr 5, 2014 at 10:44 AM Post #141 of 3,729
Dear PM-1 owners, I understand that it can be a very agonizing job reviewing a pair of headphones and not getting it right can leave you miserable. So here's my idea. Send a pair to Tyll. He'll have graphs and he's heard just about every pair of headphones made. He knows the ins and outs of them and explaining their sound comes as natural as Bob Barker telling you what prize you've won and understanding him is like hearing Bob tell you "you've won a brand new car!" you just get it.

I'm sure Tyll will have one if he doesn't already.

Apr 5, 2014 at 10:48 AM Post #142 of 3,729

I saw on another forum that he will receive his pair very soon.

Apr 5, 2014 at 11:07 AM Post #145 of 3,729
right. was wondering how it compared to the th900 which sounds kinda open for a closed can.

I'd be VERY interested in this comparison also.  Strengths and weaknesses as compared to each other.

Apr 5, 2014 at 11:19 AM Post #147 of 3,729

A great use of a dinning table.  I wish my wife would let me do that.  :)

What kind of coffee was in the cup, fresh ground and brewed?
atsmile.gif

Apr 5, 2014 at 11:45 AM Post #148 of 3,729
If PM-2 sounds the same as PM-1 without all the fancy materials I would take it.
Of course I would need to hear the PM-1 first to see if I like it. :)

Apr 5, 2014 at 11:54 AM Post #150 of 3,729
  I have tried the Oppo through a headphone amp and direct out of my iPhone, iMac and iPad. I set the headphone amp aside because it works perfectly unamped. It's plugged right into my iPhone's headphone jack right now.

This new headphone by OPPO is beginning to sound like an industry wide deal changer to me. Could it put headphone amp makers out of business?

Does anyone know where these headphones are manufactured? they sure look like Quality Control was a top priority. Looking forward to more comments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back