Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread
Aug 19, 2014 at 2:30 AM Post #2,986 of 3,729
50% rejection rate is impressive. Glad I don't work for that company.

Aug 19, 2014 at 3:31 AM Post #2,987 of 3,729
Is there anyone who purchased from Oppo's Asia distribution network that had or would be receiving additional pads? My local Hong Kong retailer seems to know nothing about the alternative PM1 leather pads as I think it was mentioned before the free pad only applies to Oppo north America customers but still hoping it's just my retailer being ignorant and Asia would be getting the same treatment.

Despite PM1 being less transparent and a bit constricted for my preference, I just love it's aesthetics and comfort and it can make a great casual listening phones for my brightly mastered 80s canto-pop. Price isn't too much of my concern and it would do well to replace my old hd25's role for me. While I suspect I may like the original leather pads better for this purpose but just feel incomplete to be missing out, or has o pay more, for the extra pad....

Aug 19, 2014 at 10:39 AM Post #2,989 of 3,729

I fully agree with kkcc in his earlier assessment: The "resolution/details/transparency/soundstage..." remain the greatest weakness of this otherwise excellent headphone.

The "resolution/details" being identified as a weakness with the PM-1 just has me scratching my head.  (((scratch-scratch-scratch)))

Aug 19, 2014 at 2:31 PM Post #2,991 of 3,729
  So we just email oppo for the alternate pads?

If you bought direct, then you will need to go to: http://oppodigital.com/headphones-pm-1/headphones-PM-1-RequestAlternateEarpads.aspx

You will need to know the Order Number and the E-Mail Address used for the order.

This is only available to North American customers, and only to customers who bought direct. It does not apply to International* or orders placed through other retailers, distributors, or regions.

*we can facilitate an International request, but you will be responsible for the shipping fees of sending the Alternative PM-1 earpads.

Aug 20, 2014 at 4:20 AM Post #2,994 of 3,729

If you bought direct, then you will need to go to: http://oppodigital.com/headphones-pm-1/headphones-PM-1-RequestAlternateEarpads.aspx

You will need to know the Order Number and the E-Mail Address used for the order.

This is only available to North American customers, and only to customers who bought direct. It does not apply to International* or orders placed through other retailers, distributors, or regions.

*we can facilitate an International request, but you will be responsible for the shipping fees of sending the Alternative PM-1 earpads.

Excellent! Should be getting mine next week the latest, then gonna request the PM1 alt-leather-pad.
As I'm in the SE Asia, don't have any idea where to contact for the alt-pads. Your post is much helpful :D 

Thanks.

Aug 22, 2014 at 8:27 AM Post #3,000 of 3,729
Mine too!! 
o2smile.gif

Oh boy glad I didn't buy the Audeze ... as I feel this headphone is the most weight can sit on my head comfortably.
The earpads are a bit small for me, feels almost like on-ear instead of over-the-ear.

Compare to K701, everything seems to be faster, especially the bass. But K701 has a bit more sense of "airiness".
Oh and thank you bro, TheMiddleSky, for the good service and packaging.

Mandatory photo :D  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back