Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread
Jul 18, 2014 at 3:28 PM Post #2,866 of 3,729
  Still no update about the availability of the PM-2 ? 
wink.gif

I see Oppo UK now shows Estimated Availability August 2014, Oppo Digital still says Expected Availability: July 2014

I expect when Oppo Digital updates their web site then you will know when they are close to being available. 
wink_face.gif

Jul 18, 2014 at 5:24 PM Post #2,868 of 3,729
  The PM-1, IMHO, are not rolled off in the treble.  They offer more nuanced treble resolution/detail than my HE-6, although not as forward/pronounced in the HF as the HE-6..

Thanks. I sold my HE6 (too bright for me). Now I'm a big HE560 fan (have these now). [Wrong thread for this discussion I guess, but fwiw, newer is better somehow, and the 560 and PM1 are big winners for me and get lots of headtime.]

Jul 19, 2014 at 2:10 AM Post #2,870 of 3,729
Do you guys think the PM-1 will only be available for a short time after the PM-2 is released?

I'm a sucker for metal and leather and want to pick up a pair down the road, but don't want to get left behind if they're not going to make the PM-1 anymore.

Jul 19, 2014 at 2:18 AM Post #2,871 of 3,729
Do you guys think the PM-1 will only be available for a short time after the PM-2 is released?

I'm a sucker for metal and leather and want to pick up a pair down the road, but don't want to get left behind if they're not going to make the PM-1 anymore.

No, the PM-2 is not made to replace the PM-1 in the lineup. 

Jul 19, 2014 at 8:41 AM Post #2,872 of 3,729
Listened to the PM-1 in DMA HK. Has a wonderful smooth relaxed and warm sound that's perfect for jazz and chamber orchestral but not so good for aggressive genres like rock.

Jul 19, 2014 at 12:41 PM Post #2,873 of 3,729
Listened to the PM-1 in DMA HK. Has a wonderful smooth relaxed and warm sound that's perfect for jazz and chamber orchestral but not so good for aggressive genres like rock.

Yes IMO it's very good for vocal jazz, pop, and soft rock imo.  Small ensemble instrumentals works too.  But the overly relaxed and slightly dark signature with a restricted soundstage limits its appeals for other genres for me.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back