OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread
Nov 25, 2020 at 9:22 PM Post #4,831 of 4,883
Good news. Works perfectly!

The battery is for the OnePlus 1. Battery model is blp571.

Case opens easily once you get the leather off.

2 screws hold the motherboard in place. Be sure to remove the 5 ribbon cables in place (including the battery cable).

20201125_164339~2.jpg

Battery fits perfectly

20201125_164627~2.jpg

Nov 25, 2020 at 10:44 PM Post #4,832 of 4,883
Wow. I forgot how awesome this thing is. Definitely worth tracking down a used unit and know that you can replace the battery without too much effort.

Nov 25, 2020 at 11:30 PM Post #4,833 of 4,883
Good news. Works perfectly!

The battery is for the OnePlus 1. Battery model is blp571.

Case opens easily once you get the leather off.

2 screws hold the motherboard in place. Be sure to remove the 5 ribbon cables in place (including the battery cable).

20201125_164339~2.jpg

Battery fits perfectly

20201125_164627~2.jpg
So that photo is the replacement battery installed? If so, can you post a photo of the original battery and/or did it have any identification markings on it?

Lastly, do you have a link for where to procure the replacement battery that you used?

Thank very much in advance, very cool post!

Dec 1, 2020 at 11:52 AM Post #4,834 of 4,883
A bit late but the actual story is not that simple.

Oppo Digital, the actual original company that bears the Oppo name is an U.S. based company with an Chinese manufacturing arm that produced Bluray player (under Oppo brand as well as an OEM supplier), plus other audio products (including headphones and HA-2). Later the founder, which is a Chinese that immigrated to the U.S., went back to China and started the Oppo the Chinese smartphone company (*full name: Guangdong Oppo Mobile Telecommunications Co.) - the two companies, Oppo Digital and Oppo the smartphone company, cross licensed the Oppo brand. However, despite being found and owned by the same person, the two companies do not own share of each other and are entirely two separated legal and financial entities.

So the real story is that Oppo Digital, the U.S. company, went out of business a few years ago, but Oppo the Chinese smartphone company continues on. There is never an unified Oppo company and thus it was not a case of audio division being shutdown).

Interesting! I always knew it was more complex but never had the full picture. Sad that they went out of business. I think they were just a couple years ahead of their time for what they were trying to do. And/or being headquartered in the most expensive real estate in the world was too much overhead.

Jan 14, 2021 at 11:58 AM Post #4,835 of 4,883
So that photo is the replacement battery installed? If so, can you post a photo of the original battery and/or did it have any identification markings on it?

Lastly, do you have a link for where to procure the replacement battery that you used?

Thank very much in advance, very cool post!
sorry for the late reply!

Here's a pic of the original battery. The new battery has been flawless. I think I'm going to order another as a backup.

PXL_20201215_062905696.jpg

Jan 14, 2021 at 12:11 PM Post #4,837 of 4,883
I need to grab one of these again. I miss mine.
you won't regret it. Mine was dead for a full year, sitting in a drawer, until I resurrected it. Now it's with me near daily as my portable dac/amp.

Feb 10, 2021 at 5:53 PM Post #4,841 of 4,883
Well, I hope someone can help. Every now and then or maybe only a couple of times within iOS update, my Oppo HA2SE has failed to mate with my iPhone. It works perfectly fine with my iPad Pro using the USB C, currently it is not working with iOS 14.4 on my iPhone promax 11

Anyone having a similar issue?

Feb 12, 2021 at 10:04 AM Post #4,842 of 4,883
Well, I hope someone can help. Every now and then or maybe only a couple of times within iOS update, my Oppo HA2SE has failed to mate with my iPhone. It works perfectly fine with my iPad Pro using the USB C, currently it is not working with iOS 14.4 on my iPhone promax 11

Anyone having a similar issue?

I have the original HA2 and I mine stopped working with iphones starting with the X I believe, though I haven't tried using it in a couple years now probably and didn't test with the 11 pro or my current 12 pro max. I don't know if it's mFi related, or iOS or what exactly. The fact that yours works with ipad pro via usb-c is interesting and leads me to believe it is something with the lightning/mfi certification - so if you still want to use it with your iphone you could try the ddhifi lightning to usb-c adapter. I believe they have tested it with many usb-c DACs and found no issues. Not a guarantee that it will work with HA2SE but seems likely.

Feb 14, 2021 at 10:50 PM Post #4,843 of 4,883
I need to grab one of these again. I miss mine.

I've owned two of these...they are awesome. The only reason I keep selling them is that these puppies still sell if you got 'upgraditis'. Everyone knows how good these are and there will always be a market for these. Add this to a cell phone or lower end Dap and you're cooking with gas.

Feb 15, 2021 at 1:01 AM Post #4,844 of 4,883
I've owned two of these...they are awesome. The only reason I keep selling them is that these puppies still sell if you got 'upgraditis'. Everyone knows how good these are and there will always be a market for these. Add this to a cell phone or lower end Dap and you're cooking with gas.
I agree. I still need to get around to grabbing one again. I have zero use for it as I have lots of portable source gear but I still want it for nostalgia reasons haha.

Mar 13, 2021 at 1:52 PM Post #4,845 of 4,883
I finally retired mine (SE) after a solid 5 years of mainly desk use. What amazing little amp that worked with almost everything I plugged into it from low impedance IEMs to Hd650s. It also stemmed my upgraditis for a long while as I struggled to fine anything that was neutral sounding that put out more power without costing significantly more. My only gripe was the EMF that could occur if you strapped it to the back of a cellphone. Otherwise it worked perfectly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back