OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread
Mar 16, 2016 at 5:20 PM Post #3,182 of 4,883
Ok, so something like the Oppo ha-2 wouldn't help with sound if I'm primarily using Spotify?

If you are using a player, phone or whatever that is streaming Spotify then yes you can connect a DAC/ amp. You will then be listening to the output of the DAC/amp being fed by the device playing Spotify.

Mar 16, 2016 at 11:26 PM Post #3,183 of 4,883

No problem.  I was just heading off possible assumptions from other readers - assumptions that I had made at one time.

This a reply to a question regarding balanced audio in my HA-2 review

... I measured the last two pins on HA2's TRRS socket and there is no resistance between them, which means they are shorted together electronically and should be no different from a regular TRS socket....

Mar 17, 2016 at 3:58 PM Post #3,186 of 4,883
I have problem with my HA-2. Right channel occasionally produce noise similar when FM radio is not tuned to any station or like some kind of interference. Noise has the same level regardless of the volume and it's happening only when digital input is used (A or B) even without cable connected. That leads me to conclusion that is something wrong with DAC part not amplifier. I have tested it far away from any electronic device, with only PM-3 connected. Each time when I turn HA-2 on, noise is there and then disappears when HA-2 go to standby.

Probably there is no solution except to replace device. Just sharing with community and wondering if anyone else has/had the same problem or is my bad luck.

Mar 18, 2016 at 8:14 PM Post #3,187 of 4,883
  Is anyone else's USB port on the HA-2 seem a little bit loose?  It wobbles a little with the USB connector connected..  I'm sure it has nothing to do with some of my MFI certificated cable randomly looses handshake, since the original Lightning cable and USB for other devices work just fine.  But I called Oppo tech support anyway and got the following answer...  The guy told me it's a known issue and that I can simply fix it by applying some Blu Tack around the USB port??!!

I'm not kidding, that's EXACTLY what the guy told me on the phone, and this is Oppo Hong Kong technical support!!  Anyone heard of or buying this "fix" at all?

This is not an Oppo product...it's an Oppo Digital product. Two separate companies. They aren't based in Hong Kong, they're based in the US (Cali, I believe). I'd call Oppo Digital and see what they say. 

Mar 18, 2016 at 9:51 PM Post #3,188 of 4,883
This is not an Oppo product...it's an Oppo Digital product. Two separate companies. They aren't based in Hong Kong, they're based in the US (Cali, I believe). I'd call Oppo Digital and see what they say. 

...... I was talking about Oppo Digital technical support Hong Kong... http://www.oppodigital.com.hk/support.php?tab_id=0

Mar 18, 2016 at 11:19 PM Post #3,189 of 4,883
...... I was talking about Oppo Digital technical support Hong Kong... http://www.oppodigital.com.hk/support.php?tab_id=0

Do you live in HK or something? If not, I'd contact them stateside...they've always been great when I've contacted them. Emailing works well, too. I'm just surprised they would give you that advice...seems like an odd solution. 

Mar 19, 2016 at 12:06 AM Post #3,190 of 4,883
Ok, so something like the Oppo ha-2 wouldn't help with sound if I'm primarily using Spotify?

It can, but you still need a device to Stream that audio to. DAP Is Digital Audio Player, like an iPod, just about any smartphone, or other hifi players like the fiio xx ibasso series, ak xxx, etc.

A DAC is a Digital Analog converter, high-end Dacs can be plugged into a Dap to get a better sound.

Mar 19, 2016 at 12:57 AM Post #3,191 of 4,883

Do you live in HK or something? If not, I'd contact them stateside...they've always been great when I've contacted them. Emailing works well, too. I'm just surprised they would give you that advice...seems like an odd solution. 

​I travel back and forth, but since the HA-2 was bought in HK, and it was pretty obvious the fix should be warranty repair so I contacted the HK side while I was there.  And yeah, I was surprised by the eBay seller like response.  I know their US support is great, I email them regarding the MFI cables' handshake issue, and got a reply within like several hours.  But it just seems odd that a technical support would suggest a "fix" like that regardless of geolocation, you can't expect someone to call Germany to get the right answer if I don't know how the iDrive works on a BMW, or brush up my Japanese and call Japan if SONY dap doesn't work...

Mar 19, 2016 at 1:16 AM Post #3,192 of 4,883

​I travel back and forth, but since the HA-2 was bought in HK, and it was pretty obvious the fix should be warranty repair so I contacted the HK side while I was there.  And yeah, I was surprised by the eBay seller like response.  I know their US support is great, I email them regarding the MFI cables' handshake issue, and got a reply within like several hours.  But it just seems odd that a technical support would suggest a "fix" like that regardless of geolocation, you can't expect someone to call Germany to get the right answer if I don't know how the iDrive works on a BMW, or brush up my Japanese and call Japan if SONY dap doesn't work...

I agree completely. I would find that sort of response unacceptable. 

Mar 20, 2016 at 6:01 AM Post #3,193 of 4,883
I have small question about connecting this to a computer. What I understood is that you select source B from the amp, connect the micro connector to the amp and the usb connector to the PC. My question is can I use the white VOCC charging cable or do I need to buy another cable ?

Mar 20, 2016 at 6:12 AM Post #3,194 of 4,883
  I have small question about connecting this to a computer. What I understood is that you select source B from the amp, connect the micro connector to the amp and the usb connector to the PC. My question is can I use the white VOCC charging cable or do I need to buy another cable ?

You can use white cable supplied with device or any other USB-micro USB cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back