OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread
Oct 28, 2015 at 12:22 AM Post #2,326 of 4,883
It does but the HA-2 battery obviosly won't last as long when charging.

Out of curiosity, are you using a two-way OTG cable, such as the one provided by OPPO? When I tried to use a one-way OTG cable with my Fiio X3ii, it drew the phone's battery at an impressive rate, so I couldn't use it for that purpose. If your iPod adapter to micro USB port isn't a two-way OTG, you may have similar problems.

Oct 28, 2015 at 12:25 AM Post #2,327 of 4,883
Out of curiosity, are you using a two-way OTG cable, such as the one provided by OPPO? When I tried to use a one-way OTG cable with my Fiio X3ii, it drew the phone's battery at an impressive rate, so I couldn't use it for that purpose. If your iPod adapter to micro USB port isn't a two-way OTG, you may have similar problems.

You mean there's such a thing as a one way and a two way OTG for Android?

Oct 28, 2015 at 1:05 AM Post #2,328 of 4,883

To be honest, I rarely use my iPod with the HA-2. I primarily use the HA-2 w/ iPhone and the Oppo supplied Lightning/USB cable.

I only used HA-2 w/ iPod the first week I got the HA-2, just to test if and how it would work w/ the iPod. But I primarily bought it to pair w/ my iPhone.

Nowadays the iPod stays in my truck in the glove box, connected to head unit.

Oct 28, 2015 at 1:32 AM Post #2,329 of 4,883
You mean there's such a thing as a one way and a two way OTG for Android?

Yes, traditional one-way OTG cables use link up with a host device and pull data and draw power. They're great for connecting USB ports or hard drives to DAPS (I'm sure there are other applications I'm unaware of.

Two-way OTG cables, such as the one supplied by OPPO, allow the host to provide data, and have the option to draw power from the host as well.

The OTG on the left is the traditional one, center is the stock "straight" cable, and the right is the very nice right angle two-way cable I ordered at @clieOs' suggestion.

Experts: Feel free to correct me if I'm off on any of these facts. This is my understanding based on my limited experience with OTG cables and Android devices.

Oct 28, 2015 at 3:48 AM Post #2,331 of 4,883
Just posting here after having read a handful of reviews online, and not wanting to go through 150+ pages. What's the impression on these? Good, bad, mediocre?

Do they sound better or worse than the LH Labs GO V2 and V2+? Has anybody compared? Please let me know.

Does the DAC section have the same treble harshness exhibited by the HA-1? Oppo in their headphone amps haven't done the best job hiding the Sabre glare, or have they here?

Oct 28, 2015 at 9:56 AM Post #2,332 of 4,883
  Just posting here after having read a handful of reviews online, and not wanting to go through 150+ pages. What's the impression on these? Good, bad, mediocre?

Do they sound better or worse than the LH Labs GO V2 and V2+? Has anybody compared? Please let me know.

Does the DAC section have the same treble harshness exhibited by the HA-1? Oppo in their headphone amps haven't done the best job hiding the Sabre glare, or have they here?

I can answer that by saying my HD800 sounds much better with the HA-2 than with the HA-1. The Sabre glare is much better tamed in the HA-2.

Oct 28, 2015 at 9:31 PM Post #2,333 of 4,883
When using the ha-2 with a pc, is it using usb power or is it using battery. As the specs of my ha-2 are better than my Nuforce HDP desktop amp I was thinking of selling my HDP.

Oct 28, 2015 at 9:35 PM Post #2,334 of 4,883
I'm getting a super annoying crackling and popping sound now when using my phone that only seems to be getting worse. I assume it's my phone, since I don't get this issue when the HA-2 is connected to my laptop. This is happening with both OTG cables and three headphones, at various sensitivity levels. Furthermore, it happens with Tidal, Spotify and music saved on my SD card.

Has anyone else experienced this issue when connected to an Android device? Is this my phone's battery giving problems?

Oct 28, 2015 at 10:48 PM Post #2,335 of 4,883
I'm getting a super annoying crackling and popping sound now when using my phone that only seems to be getting worse. I assume it's my phone, since I don't get this issue when the HA-2 is connected to my laptop. This is happening with both OTG cables and three headphones, at various sensitivity levels. Furthermore, it happens with Tidal, Spotify and music saved on my SD card.

Has anyone else experienced this issue when connected to an Android device? Is this my phone's battery giving problems?

I'll guess it might be a (low) buffer issue on your Android smartphone.

Oct 28, 2015 at 11:05 PM Post #2,336 of 4,883
I'll guess it might be a (low) buffer issue on your Android smartphone.

Thanks for the information!

This, unfortunately, makes sense, but is extremely annoying. I just read the issue is endemic to Android devices. I'm using an HTC One M8 (2 gigs of ram), so speed isn't the issue. I only noticed this on occasion before using my Soundblaster X7. I never noticed this when playing music directly into the headphones out.

I want to use an Android device with expandable storage as my source.

Is there a workaround for this? Or do I need to buy an iOS device (yuck!) to use the Oppo as I intended?

Thanks!

Oct 29, 2015 at 11:00 AM Post #2,340 of 4,883
I came from the One M7 which worked sporadically but not when I really wanted it to! Wasn't worth the aggravation. Happy with the G4 particularly removable storage and battery.

Fun! Mine always works, but now I'm always getting the popping noises.

I'm considering breaking my AT&T contract early, biting the bullet to pay out of pocket for the phone, and break free of their stranglehold over my wallet. Lol.

I need to convince the wife to do this as well, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back