OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread
Aug 13, 2015 at 2:53 AM Post #1,891 of 4,883

I just tested this again, my S3 is working using stock music player with HA-2 (no USB apps required /  Android version 4.3)

I don't know why I used UAPP the first time, though its great working plug n play.

You have a good set up there, enjoy it.

Thanks Mate.

From what I understand you will need UAPP or similar if you want to play back Hi-Res audio as stock player is still limited by the Android audio framework.

Aug 13, 2015 at 8:26 AM Post #1,894 of 4,883
It would be nice if TS can put the list of compatible Android devices on the first page of this thread. Something like this:

Oppo R7f                  DOES NOT WORK with HA-2
Moto G 2012              Works
HTC One M7              Works
Xiaomi Mi4i              Works but cannot be charged from HA-2.
Xiaomi Redmi 2          DOES NOT WORK with HA-2
LG G3                         Works
Samsung S3               Works

Aug 13, 2015 at 9:33 AM Post #1,895 of 4,883
Just got my HA-2 a couple days ago, so far i really like it but haven't had a chance to really test drive it yet, only about a total of 1-2 hours during my commute. I'm using Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 on the move, and at home I use ATH-M50, and sometimes AKG K271mkII, I am also getting a pair of Grado SR225i in a few days (my first open headphones!), then probably off to the bank to extend my overdraft and call my landlord to explain why I can't pay the rent :p

First unit I got last weekend was faulty so had to have it replaced :frowning2: But I found out that Oppo customer service is top notch. They replied to my email query immediately, on a Sunday!

I haven't had a chance to read this whole thread yet (I will get there, on post #221 of 1895 :p ) but I just had a real quick question:

does anybody use some kind of case or pouch or something to protect the device? I'm not that worried about scratches etc but want to avoid dust getting into the ports as much as possible when I'm on the move. I guess I could stick it in a sock or something, but maybe there is something that might fit better? 

Aug 13, 2015 at 1:01 PM Post #1,896 of 4,883
  Just got my HA-2 a couple days ago, so far i really like it but haven't had a chance to really test drive it yet, only about a total of 1-2 hours during my commute. I'm using Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 on the move, and at home I use ATH-M50, and sometimes AKG K271mkII, I am also getting a pair of Grado SR225i in a few days (my first open headphones!), then probably off to the bank to extend my overdraft and call my landlord to explain why I can't - pay the rent :p

First unit I got last weekend was faulty so had to have it replaced :frowning2: But I found out that Oppo customer service is top notch. They replied to my email query immediately, on a Sunday!

I haven't had a chance to read this whole thread yet (I will get there, on post #221 of 1895 :p ) but I just had a real quick question:

does anybody use some kind of case or pouch or something to protect the device? I'm not that worried about scratches etc but want to avoid dust getting into the ports as much as possible when I'm on the move. I guess I could stick it in a sock or something, but maybe there is something that might fit better? 

any pouch designed for iphone6 or 5+inch smartphone should work well. I have egac-001 pouch from here: http://engagement-japan.com/product/ - it doesn't fit the ha-2 and the iphone at the same time but fits the ha-2, iems and a couple of short cables (lightning and usb).

Aug 13, 2015 at 4:39 PM Post #1,897 of 4,883
Aug 13, 2015 at 5:29 PM Post #1,898 of 4,883
Just got my HA-2 a couple days ago, so far i really like it but haven't had a chance to really test drive it yet, only about a total of 1-2 hours during my commute. I'm using Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 on the move, and at home I use ATH-M50, and sometimes AKG K271mkII, I am also getting a pair of Grado SR225i in a few days (my first open headphones!), then probably off to the bank to extend my overdraft and call my landlord to explain why I can't pay the rent :p

Try this one: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CPVC1P4?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01

It has a section for cables, and is just "oversized" enough to allow the USB cable to be left attached to the HA-2 while in the case. I bought a half dozen other cases before I discovered this one, which beat out all the others.

Aug 14, 2015 at 3:25 AM Post #1,900 of 4,883
  any pouch designed for iphone6 or 5+inch smartphone should work well. I have egac-001 pouch from here: http://engagement-japan.com/product/ - it doesn't fit the ha-2 and the iphone at the same time but fits the ha-2, iems and a couple of short cables (lightning and usb).

Try this one: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CPVC1P4?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01

It has a section for cables, and is just "oversized" enough to allow the USB cable to be left attached to the HA-2 while in the case. I bought a half dozen other cases before I discovered this one, which beat out all the others.

thanks guys for the suggestions. I also just remembered that I had a pouch for my old Galaxy nexus, maybe I can find it and see how it fits, it should be OK and provide enough protection, although that EasyAcc might be good for carrying cables and water resistance.

Well I tried some FLAC (24/96) and DSD 128 files from 2L and it sounds awesome! though I was using VOX on Mac, so i think it's actually converting DSD to PCM instead of natively processing it (not sure though) but I'm not gonna complain as it's freeware (and everything else is expensive :p )
Thinking of purchasing the hires pack for Onkyo HF is this what everyone is using on iOS devices?

Aug 14, 2015 at 5:36 PM Post #1,902 of 4,883
I'm using an HA-2 with an iPhone 6. Never had a problem. Until now. When I play a song, it plays for a few seconds from the phone's speaker, then switches to the Oppo/headphones, BUT IT ONLY PLAYS FOR A SPLIT SECOND, then the song stops in the player, and when I hit play again, it plays in the phone speaker, and doesn't ever swithch to the Oppo. This is the first time I've used the HA-2 since installing the new iOS update (8.4.1).

Never mind. Looks like pilot error.

Aug 16, 2015 at 10:56 AM Post #1,904 of 4,883
One last question ClieOS: shoud I set "upsampling mode" on "ON"

Yes, which hopefully will give extra headroom for the digital volume control.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back