OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread
Aug 12, 2015 at 9:31 AM Post #1,876 of 4,883
Hi Alive08 and ClieOS,

I'm about to buy from the same Taobao seller also. Do I need to contact them to get a Int'l shipping price quote 1st?
Or should I go through an agent (which agent do you recommend)? BTW what was the shipping cost you paid?

Thanks in advance!

I've just received that cable from taobao and can also confirm that it works fine connecting my Sony A15 and HA-2. A15 seems to be a good digital source in this combo.

Just want to confirm the TaoBao cable works. Also to confirm it is exactly the same cable listed on Amazon. However, I also want to make note that the cable I received has a cold soldering join in the microUSB side, though a touch up by my soldering iron quickly solved the problem. I was also able to take a peek inside and think it is quite possible to reverse engineer it. I'll need to order some parts and do some experiments first, but I'll report back if it is a success.

Aug 12, 2015 at 11:02 AM Post #1,877 of 4,883
Hi Alive08 and ClieOS,

I'm about to buy from the same Taobao seller also. Do I need to contact them to get a Int'l shipping price quote 1st?
Or should I go through an agent (which agent do you recommend)? BTW what was the shipping cost you paid?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Riona!
I'm in Russia, so i bought the cable via a local agent. As far as i know Taobao's sellers do not offer international shipping directly to customers (at least it's like that for Russia). In my case the agent's fee was 10% and about $5 for shipping. Maybe ClieOS can give more useful advice. Good luck! 

Aug 12, 2015 at 11:40 AM Post #1,878 of 4,883
Hi Alive08 and ClieOS,

Thanks in advance!

If you can read Chinese and living in specific region, there are official TaoBao forwarding services that you can use and they are generally fairly cheap. That's what I use - basically I can buy whatever they can ship oversea (mostly things that are not too heavy or big), tell them to ship to the forwarding service's warehouse, then the forwarding service send them to me. Shipping fee can be as cheap as US$5 for under 1kg.

If you can't read Chinese or living in those areas, then you need to find an buying agent. Since I don't need to use buying agent, I really don't know which one is better or how much it cost.

Aug 12, 2015 at 8:25 PM Post #1,879 of 4,883
Success!

I was able to get my Nexus 10 and HA-2 to charge at the same time by updating the Nexus to the newest stock image, rooting it, and using a POGO charger for it while using an OTG Y-cable for the HA-2. I could have probably used two OTG Y-cables (one to charge the Nexus 10 and 1 to charge the HA-2, linking the data parts of the Y's together) but the POGO charges much faster anyway.

Now if only I could figure out how I feel about the EL-8 headphones I'm using with them... Hrm...

Aug 12, 2015 at 10:05 PM Post #1,880 of 4,883
I have a couple of questions.

Does this come with rubber bands or some way to affix an iPhone to it?  Does it come with a short lightning to USB cable?

If no to the above, how do you affix the iPhone and the amp together for secure portability? 

Aug 12, 2015 at 10:09 PM Post #1,881 of 4,883

Does this come with rubber bands or some way to affix an iPhone to it?  Does it come with a short lightning to USB cable?

If no to the above, how do you affix the iPhone and the amp together for secure portability? 

Yes and yes. 
cool.gif

Aug 12, 2015 at 10:27 PM Post #1,883 of 4,883

Good for you, you'll love it. Ive had mine for awhile and still love using it and even though it is with my iPod touch 5g it is still very thin.

Cheers. Yeah, I originally was going to go with the D14 but cancelled my order in favour of the oppo due to aesthetics. Not really a valid reason but the oppo really is one good looking device. I will always wonder however if the 400mw into 32 ohm + coaxial in would have been better!! If my D6 sells for what I want I might still grab one down the track.

Thought about selling the S3 and going with iTouch but I feel you can customise an android device more so than an IOS one.

Aug 12, 2015 at 11:55 PM Post #1,884 of 4,883
  Cheers. Yeah, I originally was going to go with the D14 but cancelled my order in favour of the oppo due to aesthetics. Not really a valid reason but the oppo really is one good looking device. I will always wonder however if the 400mw into 32 ohm + coaxial in would have been better!! If my D6 sells for what I want I might still grab one down the track.

Thought about selling the S3 and going with iTouch but I feel you can customise an android device more so than an IOS one.

Do you have the S3 working plug n play without the help of any USB Audio Apps?

I read you're using a custom rom. Does your connection seem bug free?

Aug 13, 2015 at 12:53 AM Post #1,885 of 4,883

Rubber bands or some way to affix an iPhone to it: NO
Lightning to USB Cable: YES

Aug 13, 2015 at 12:58 AM Post #1,886 of 4,883

Rubber bands or some way to affix an iPhone to it: NO
Lightning to USB Cable: YES

I've checked their website since and it states:

Included AccessoriesPower Supply Unit (Rapid Charging Charger)
USB A - USB micro-B data and rapid charging cable
USB A - Lightning data cable (for Apple devices)
USB micro-B to micro-B data cable (for Android and other smartphones)
3.5 mm - 3.5 mm stereo audio cable
Silicone rubber band (2 pieces)
User guide and warranty documents

http://oppodigital.com/headphone-amplifier-ha-2/headphone-amplifier-HA-2-Features.aspx

Aug 13, 2015 at 12:59 AM Post #1,887 of 4,883

I've checked their website since and it states:

Included AccessoriesPower Supply Unit (Rapid Charging Charger)
USB A - USB micro-B data and rapid charging cable
USB A - Lightning data cable (for Apple devices)
USB micro-B to micro-B data cable (for Android and other smartphones)
3.5 mm - 3.5 mm stereo audio cable
Silicone rubber band (2 pieces)
User guide and warranty documents

http://oppodigital.com/headphone-amplifier-ha-2/headphone-amplifier-HA-2-Features.aspx

Aw...shucks.  I don't have the rubber band in my package. 

Aug 13, 2015 at 1:03 AM Post #1,888 of 4,883

Aw...shucks.  I don't have the rubber band in my package. 

Maybe they changed what they include or something. 

Aug 13, 2015 at 1:56 AM Post #1,889 of 4,883

Do you have the S3 working plug n play without the help of any USB Audio Apps?

I read you're using a custom rom. Does your connection seem bug free?

At the moment S3 i9305 LTE with the non carrier stock vanilla Android ROM 4.3 and rooted and all unnecessary apps either uninstalled or frozen all standard apps like Poweramp worked out of the box including all system notifications etc. All apps designed to utilise USB OTG Audio also worked. UAPP and Onkyo HF for example.

It was only when I installed Hiby things got messed up. As soon as I uninstalled it everything appears to be working as it should.

Bare in mind I have only played with it for 30 minutes so far. Will give it a thorough spanking this weekend.

Aug 13, 2015 at 2:28 AM Post #1,890 of 4,883
  At the moment S3 i9305 LTE with the non carrier stock vanilla Android ROM 4.3 and rooted and all unnecessary apps either uninstalled or frozen all standard apps like Poweramp worked out of the box including all system notifications etc. All apps designed to utilise USB OTG Audio also worked. UAPP and Onkyo HF for example.

It was only when I installed Hiby things got messed up. As soon as I uninstalled it everything appears to be working as it should.

Bare in mind I have only played with it for 30 minutes so far. Will give it a thorough spanking this weekend.

I just tested this again, my S3 is working using stock music player with HA-2 (no USB apps required /  Android version 4.3)

I don't know why I used UAPP the first time, though its great working plug n play.

You have a good set up there, enjoy it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back