OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread
Jul 13, 2015 at 9:41 AM Post #1,668 of 4,883
Just as an FYI (not sure if this was covered), but I put a post out on the VOX Player website yesterday as follows:

I have an Oppo HA-2. It can covert up to 32bit/384Khz. If I have a Hi Def file (FLAC for example), what resolution will Vox Player play the file?

I received the following response:

Vox for iOS always sends 32-bit float to audio output (it's recommended by Apple engineers as a most suitable & quality format). It's up to DAC characteristics and iOS to decide which sample format will be sent to device.

So, I think this means that if higher quality files are used, VOX player will take advantage of the HA-2.

Jul 13, 2015 at 10:49 AM Post #1,669 of 4,883
I just ordered a 90 degree cable from Moon Audio. I should get it during the week I hope.

Wow. USD103. That's mucho deniros!!!
If you review them favorably I'll be tempted too :)

Jul 13, 2015 at 9:51 PM Post #1,671 of 4,883

I agree, the stock cable is not good for portable use. Neither is the v-moda cable, even though it's much shorter.

I got mine in last night, and it works perfectly. The 90* Zesck lightning cable is about the same length as the v-moda lighting cable, but has a much smaller profile when in use. 
Now let's hope it's rugged enough to survive daily use...

The Zesck angled cable is solid, arrived today and a big upgrade over stock.  The USB plug is a snug tight fit with the Amp.  I'm not picking up any crossfeed with any other audio on WiFi.  
A low profile cable, highly recommended at $10+.

Jul 14, 2015 at 10:35 AM Post #1,672 of 4,883
i statert using it with poweramp then switched to the paid version of hf onkyo player the and let me tell you that the sound changes a lot to bad that the user interface of the onkyo player is to bad very basic stuff i find mi self missing the poweramp app   other thing that really upsets me is the micro usb cable it last it to little is like is not ment to be use has a mobile device and the bad design of putting the headphone jack in one side and the usb on the other is just stupid because it makes the cable break a part that much more quickly since the hole weight of both devices rest  in top of the usb cable or headphone cable none of with are ideal. however the sound it´s pretty amazing. sorry if i wroth something wrong English is not mi first language 

Jul 14, 2015 at 2:49 PM Post #1,674 of 4,883
  if anyone found a replacement cable  for android  micro usb to micro usb if you can send me the link i´ll really appreciated 

I bought a couple from this eBay seller before: here and here.

Jul 14, 2015 at 7:33 PM Post #1,677 of 4,883
  The Zesck angled cable is solid, arrived today and a big upgrade over stock.  The USB plug is a snug tight fit with the Amp.  I'm not picking up any crossfeed with any other audio on WiFi.  
A low profile cable, highly recommended at $10+.

I'm using this same cable with the HA-2 and a Touch 5G - works fine, where another right-angled cable I have will break connection constantly.  Nice find.

The HA-2 is really good, I'm really impressed.  With IEMs (FutureSonic MG6PROs), A/Bd with my Sony ZX-2, I'm not sure I can tell it apart, which is high praise, as the Sony is terrific.  The Oppo may be the slightest bit cleaner and airier.  And the Oppo will drive full-size headphones - it sounds great with my HD800s - which the Sony won't.  Great piece of gear.

Jul 14, 2015 at 7:44 PM Post #1,678 of 4,883

I'm using this same cable with the HA-2 and a Touch 5G - works fine, where another right-angled cable I have will break connection constantly.  Nice find.

The HA-2 is really good, I'm really impressed.  With IEMs (FutureSonic MG6PROs), A/Bd with my Sony ZX-2, I'm not sure I can tell it apart, which is high praise, as the Sony is terrific.  The Oppo may be the slightest bit cleaner and airier.  And the Oppo will drive full-size headphones - it sounds great with my HD800s - which the Sony won't.  Great piece of gear.

great man thanks a lot i was about to go with these really expensive ones they where the only ones i could find http://www.moon-audio.com/black-dragon-form-fit-usb-cable-by-moon-audio.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back