OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread
May 19, 2015 at 6:11 PM Post #1,276 of 4,883
Finally got my Oppo HA-2 today. I had some issues setting up with my iPad 4th. However, through some trial and error I figured out that you have to switch the iPad off, connect the lightening cable and switch on the HA-2. This powers up the iPad and allows you to listen via the dac. The intial impressions are very positive. I have partnered this with my Grado GR10 in ear phones. The clarity and detail is simply breathtaking!

May 20, 2015 at 3:05 AM Post #1,280 of 4,883
I don't think so. HA2 is only designed with USB as the only digital input if i remember correctly. With the ibasso you can only use the amp section of the HA2 via Line out

Thanks, that's what I thought, may be unless I use one of these but it would be very clumsy.

M2Tech_HiFace_550.jpg

May 20, 2015 at 8:41 AM Post #1,282 of 4,883
anyone got any suggestion for a reasonably priced DAP with compatible USB digital out?

I found using a phone as source is kind of clumsy with incoming calls, etc. Thanks.

Sony walkman A10 series and ZX seriea s well the older F800 and F880 series

May 20, 2015 at 9:25 AM Post #1,283 of 4,883

Managed to get one of my friends to do a 90° OTG to OTG 6" USB Micro interconnect for me for $20, with DHC copper cables. Im a happy camper. Bye bye stupid cheap arsed OTG adaptor for my HA2. Damn thing drains my phone battery like mad after i lost the original cable.

May 20, 2015 at 2:14 PM Post #1,284 of 4,883
I remain happy with my HA-2 after two months of daily use.  

One thing I would like to see in a future version: Auto power after a certain period with no signal.  

I find I can leave the amp on and kill the battery - just when I need it.

May 20, 2015 at 4:07 PM Post #1,285 of 4,883

Managed to get one of my friends to do a 90° OTG to OTG 6" USB Micro interconnect for me for $20, with DHC copper cables. Im a happy camper. Bye bye stupid cheap arsed OTG adaptor for my HA2. Damn thing drains my phone battery like mad after i lost the original cable.

yesp using a motor driven HDD drains the battery faster than flash memory

May 20, 2015 at 6:31 PM Post #1,287 of 4,883
My HA-2 Cleared customs today, still in transit

Please. There is no need for you to give us a daily status of where the unit is transition to and from. Can you imagine if everyone shared this kind of useless information on this thread?
That, and what you had for breakfast we don't need to know.

May 20, 2015 at 7:31 PM Post #1,288 of 4,883
Please. There is no need for you to give us a daily status of where the unit is transition to and from. Can you imagine if everyone shared this kind of useless information on this thread?

Really? He is excited and wants to share. Everyone does not do it, so it is not really a problem... now is it?

May 20, 2015 at 7:57 PM Post #1,289 of 4,883

Really? He is excited and wants to share. Everyone does not do it, so it is not really a problem... now is it?

Yes i am, in fact is my first headphones amplifier, never ever had one
beerchug.gif
, i've tried BA technology, hybrid BA + DD and now i want to try Planar magnetics and custom iems... only if i had the budget :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back