OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread
Apr 22, 2015 at 8:33 PM Post #931 of 4,883
  Coming back to the A15 connectivity with the HA-2. 
Just for understanding the difference between connection cables

please update your toughts and i want to know the battery life differences of the two cables

Apr 23, 2015 at 1:50 AM Post #933 of 4,883

please update your toughts and i want to know the battery life differences of the two cables

Well,  I have a buyer for this original sony cable. So there are no plans to open it up.  Sorry.
I don't think that it will be any difference in the battery life since the process is the same.
A15's battery lasts for the same amount of time with the HA-2 as well as with the PHA-3.  

Apr 23, 2015 at 5:53 AM Post #934 of 4,883
Thanks for the link. Getting more and more happy with my HA-2 here.

Btw, how do you guys feel about using high gain for lower impedance sets? I have used low gain so far on my 32 ohm PS1000's, but when I tested last night on high, there was heck of a lot happening to the sound. Perhaps a bit too much. The low gain setting feels much smoother, while the high gain feels extremely energetic, although a bit "edgy", in terms of the sound almost bursting.

Another review

OPPO HA-2 DAC and Headphone Amplifier Review - Secrets of Home Theater and High Fidelity

Some lab tests

Apr 23, 2015 at 10:21 AM Post #935 of 4,883

Well,  I have a buyer for this original sony cable. So there are no plans to open it up.  Sorry.
I don't think that it will be any difference in the battery life since the process is the same.
A15's battery lasts for the same amount of time with the HA-2 as well as with the PHA-3.  

Tnx so it will last 7 to 8 hours using both cables (the original and the china-made one)? because it seems the chinese one seems smaller and the sony has a big connector, like it has a extra chip inside it, thus contributing to eating the battery life, I asume the chinese one doesn't has that chip and the battery last a bit longer.

Because i use my Fiio L5 LOD (analogue) for my bose soundDock and uit extends the battery life a bit futher

Apr 23, 2015 at 2:15 PM Post #936 of 4,883
  Tnx so it will last 7 to 8 hours using both cables (the original and the china-made one)? because it seems the chinese one seems smaller and the sony has a big connector, like it has a extra chip inside it, thus contributing to eating the battery life, I asume the chinese one doesn't has that chip and the battery last a bit longer.

Difficult to say. And yes, it's really strange why the original sony cable is so huge. I have compared this chinese cable with the original pha-3, pha-1a data transfer cables - there were no difference in sound quality. 

Apr 23, 2015 at 3:26 PM Post #937 of 4,883

Difficult to say. And yes, it's really strange why the original sony cable is so huge. I have compared this chinese cable with the original pha-3, pha-1a data transfer cables - there were no difference in sound quality. 

Thanks i a really cosidering the chinese-made cable for cheapness but don't know how much will shipping costs to mexico
biggrin.gif
, i got a fiio L5 from mp4nation (honkong) and costed the same as the original sony NWH10 cable.

if you can run a battery test on the chinese-ade and the sony original i will be pleased

I will get the HA-2 but temporarely use it with my Fiio L5 LOD, while i evaluate the china cable vs sony WMC-NWH10

Apr 23, 2015 at 7:39 PM Post #938 of 4,883
Thanks i a really cosidering the chinese-made cable for cheapness but don't know how much will shipping cost to Mexico

Honestly I wouldn't recommend using cheap Chinese cables for something like this. Generally, cables, power supplies etc. is a bad idea, as in worst case scenarios, you could get short circuits, ruin the port physically, or it simply could be dysfunctional. Quality control seems to be shady, to say the least.

In cases of lightning cables; I have seen, and tried, Chinese ones, and they are not something to write home about. Most of the ones I tried didn't even work. Its a shame Apple has such few options when it comes to official cables, although "approved" ones are starting to show up.

Lastly; digital cables either work or they dont. Sound quality is never affected by this.

Apr 23, 2015 at 9:54 PM Post #939 of 4,883

does anyone check this sfuff.. before deciding to connect  things ? Especially if we have high end,,, high dollar items involved???

Apr 23, 2015 at 10:25 PM Post #940 of 4,883
Well, that was my mistake, which I discovered later (it has happend after I wrote those posts). I should have probably to delete those posts...

I connect the player which plays music and switch sources between A, B and C and listen - nothing was coming out from the headphones. But the thing was that player stops playing when you switch it to B. So the player goes to PAUSE. I just did not notice  that (did not look at the player's screen) and thought the cable does not work. The solution was to press PLAY again on the player.:D  

So I CONFIRM THAT THE CABLE DOES WORK- I wrote an email to OPPO support - they will verify it, just wait.

One more thing.

I was ordering it for PHA-3. There is the 2nd option for PHA-2 as well so I don't know if it works in case they make it for pha-2.

Thanks,

Mike

Coming back to the A15 connectivity with the HA-2. 

Just for understanding the difference between connection cables

Because i use my Fiio L5 LOD (analogue) for my bose soundDock and uit extends the battery life a bit futher

Thanks i a really cosidering the chinese-made cable for cheapness but don't know how much will shipping costs to mexico :D , i got a fiio L5 from mp4nation (honkong) and costed the same as the original sony NWH10 cable.

if you can run a battery test on the chinese-ade and the sony original i will be pleased

I will get the HA-2 but temporarely use it with my Fiio L5 LOD, while i evaluate the china cable vs sony WMC-NWH10

does anyone check this sfuff.. before deciding to connect  things ? Especially if we have high end,,, high dollar items involved???

What's really weird is that even though qsk78 has tested the Chinese cable between the Sony NWZ-A17 and the OPPO HA-2, initially declaring in this thread that it's a good substitute for the Sony cable, he later wrote, "So I CONFIRM THAT THE CABLE DOES WORK...", but now, with gerelmx1986 asking questions about it, qsk78 seems to have flipped back to claiming the Chinese cable is a viable substitute for the Sony cable he's prepared to sell.

Meanwhile, over on the NWZ-A10 thread, qsk78 says he's not using the HA-2 with the Sony NWZ-A17.

@qsk78 Once again, I have to ask you to explain your self-contradictory posts. What would you have us believe regarding the Chinese cable as a substitute for the larger, more expensive, Sony WMC-NWH10 - specifically for use with the HA-2?

(I'm asking not just for my own clarification, but for others as well - especially gerelmx1986, who seems to think the Chinese cable can be used between the A17 and HA-2 - as a substitute for the Sony WMC-NWH10.)

Mike

Apr 23, 2015 at 10:58 PM Post #941 of 4,883

What's really weird is that even though qsk78 has tested the Chinese cable between the Sony NWZ-A17 and the OPPO HA-2, initially declaring in this thread that it's a good substitute for the Sony cable, he later wrote, "So I CONFIRM THAT THE CABLE DOES WORK...", but now, with gerelmx1986 asking questions about it, qsk78 seems to have flipped back to claiming the Chinese cable is a viable substitute for the Sony cable he's prepared to sell.

Meanwhile, over on the NWZ-A10 thread, qsk78 says he's not using the HA-2 with the Sony NWZ-A17.

@qsk78 Once again, I have to ask you to explain your self-contradictory posts. What would you have us believe regarding the Chinese cable as a substitute for the larger, more expensive, Sony WMC-NWH10 - specifically for use with the HA-2?

(I'm asking not just for my own clarification, but for others as well - especially gerelmx1986, who seems to think the Chinese cable can be used between the A17 and HA-2 - as a substitute for the Sony WMC-NWH10.)

Mike

Indeed i was asking him about BATTERY LIFE, not SQ, i know digital transport is digital transport, is not like testing an analogue out form fiio L5 and XYZW company cable to say so..and he replies with a different matter about the cables being same SQ... and his answer about battery life was unclear to me :D as i understood him he says the batt last the same on both amps PHA-3 and HA-2, something i didnt ask him LOL. i referred to battery life between the TWO CABLES

Apr 23, 2015 at 11:15 PM Post #942 of 4,883
^ Yes, I'm watching you get led astray, but I think there's still room for this being nothing more than a miscommunication - nothing malicious.  

It was clear to me that you were asking for a battery life comparison between the two cables in qsk78's previously posted photo ...

... and this is the HA-2 thread - so it's pretty obvious you are talking about connecting the Sony A17 to the HA-2.

And you wouldn't be asking for a battery life comparison of those two cables if you weren't operating under the assumption that the Chinese cable can be used as a substitute for the Sony cable.

Unfortunately, qsk78 has told us in this thread that the Chinese cable works fine as a substitute for the Sony cable, then he told us it doesn't work, and now he's not telling you it doesn't work when you're asking for a battery life comparison.  

@qsk78 I honestly believe you are well-intentioned, but just aren't paying close enough attention to what people are asking you about your previous posts. 

Help!

Thanks,

Mike

Apr 23, 2015 at 11:31 PM Post #943 of 4,883
  ^ Yes, I'm watching you get led astray, but I think there's still room for this being nothing more than a miscommunication - nothing malicious.  

It was clear to me that you were asking for a battery life comparison between the two cables in qsk78's previously posted photo ...

... and this is the HA-2 thread - so it's pretty obvious you are talking about connecting the Sony A17 to the HA-2.

And you wouldn't be asking for a battery life comparison of those two cables if you weren't operating under the assumption that the Chinese cable can be used as a substitute for the Sony cable.

Unfortunately, qsk78 has told us in this thread that the Chinese cable works fine as a substitute for the Sony cable, then he told us it doesn't work, and now he's not telling you it doesn't work when you're asking for a battery life comparison.  

@qsk78 I honestly believe you are well-intentioned, but just aren't paying close enough attention to what people are asking you about your previous posts. 

Help!

Thanks,

Mike

Yes you are not the issue, the issue is @qsk78 with his weird posts.. I wanted to elarn more about it 'cause not only because battery life, mainly because mazon global says to me Currently "WMC NWH10 by Sony" cannot be delivered to Mexico damn amazon
biggrin.gif

tnks mike for trying to contact this guy
beerchug.gif

Indee tried to buy the WMC-NWH10 when i bought my new Philips Sonicare tooth brush to replace my dead one, and was proceeding to chek out and amazon said that We're sorry but one of the items cannot be delivered to mexico and tuenr to be the sony cable

Apr 23, 2015 at 11:33 PM Post #944 of 4,883
Shipito probably ships to Mexico though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back