OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread
Apr 11, 2015 at 7:37 PM Post #841 of 4,883
To settle the question of optical inputs other than USB inputs, which I saw but am not sure if there was any replies,

Unfortunately the HA-2 does not have digital inputs other than USB, so you can't use optical or digital coaxial.
  Best Regards, 

Customer Service 

Apr 11, 2015 at 8:40 PM Post #843 of 4,883
Does anyone have any knowledge on this vs. the sound blaster e5. I want to of the HA2 is better same etc than the E5. Someone who has heard both or has both.
Thanks!

HA-2 is better, both as a DAC and pure amp..

Apr 11, 2015 at 10:06 PM Post #844 of 4,883
Does anyone have any knowledge on this vs. the sound blaster e5. I want to of the HA2 is better same etc than the E5. Someone who has heard both or has both.
Thanks!

Had the E5 for two week trial about month ago. Have HA-2 now. Very similar in sound quality and battery life is actually very similar: about 7 hours with DAC+amp, and about 11 hours with amp only.  E5 is slightly louder; HA-2 has better, less muddy low end.  Don't have the E5 any more, but I am enjoying the HA-2 more even with a few minor problems.

The E5 has an iOS/Android configuration app, plays music via Bluetooth but is thicker and heavier.

The HA-2 is thinner, has dimensions that match my iPhone 6 almost exactly, comes with short USB lightning cable and can also work as a phone/device charger. 

The HA-2 seems worth its $100 higher price tag to me.  

Apr 11, 2015 at 10:18 PM Post #845 of 4,883
Thanks CleiOS and Gr8Desire for the input! I have the E5 (just today) and it does sound good except there is some static between songs or when the music is quiet, so I'm wondering if I should return it and fork over the extra 100. I do like that the HA2 would work with my iPod classic and 5s with spoitify. I think I should return it and get this.

Apr 11, 2015 at 10:24 PM Post #846 of 4,883
Thanks CleiOS and Gr8Desire for the input! I have the E5 (just today) and it does sound good except there is some static between songs or when the music is quiet, so I'm wondering if I should return it and fork over the extra 100. I do like that the HA2 would work with my iPod classic and 5s with spoitify. I think I should return it and get this.

No offense here but IMHO iPo d classic is by now obsolete HDD and only 160GB

Sony sells a walkman with MicroSD and internal memory.. i have the model A17 with 64GB internal memory and a 128GB microSD card

Apr 11, 2015 at 10:31 PM Post #847 of 4,883
No offense taken as I see you have one in your sig as well. The classic is my gym dap mainly but it would be nice to use it more. You can never have to many players! My main source with the HA2 would be my 5s with Spotify.

Apr 11, 2015 at 11:30 PM Post #848 of 4,883
No offense taken as I see you have one in your sig as well. The classic is my gym dap mainly but it would be nice to use it more. You can never have to many players! My main source with the HA2 would be my 5s with Spotify.

Yes i loved my classic but well accidents happen and umm dropped it turned on and you know mechanical hard drives + falls = insatnt death to your data and your device :mad:

The data can be ignored if you have a backup scheme... but my device (iClassic) tired repairing it but every damn repairshop i called was "nope sir, we no longer manage spare parts for the iPod Classics, they no longer sell as they used to"

Still have it as a museum piece :)

a few pics of my dead classic and the walkman (it had a Hi-res sticker on it but it fell off LOL)

Apr 12, 2015 at 7:53 AM Post #849 of 4,883
@gerelmx1986 not to derail the thread anymore but you can buy a new hard drive and put it in yourself in under 15minutes, its really easy. You can buy the hard drive on eBay.

So to get this back on topic I am going to return my E5 an get this, the static noise I know will get to me, I try to ignore it but, I can't. If it did not have that noise I would keep it but that's a deal breaker.

Apr 12, 2015 at 11:15 AM Post #850 of 4,883
Anybody have connection problems with the supplied USB A- Lightning cable ?
After using the HA-2 for three weeks I am experiencing connection issues with my Iphone 6 when i am moving around
triportsad.gif
. I have tried connecting with an original apple cable and it works fine. 
Although the build quality of the HA-2 is excellent, I find the USB A-lighting cable mediocre. 

Apr 12, 2015 at 5:23 PM Post #853 of 4,883
Quick question, and I apologize if this has already been answered: Is it possible to use the headphone out and the line out at the same time? 

Apr 12, 2015 at 5:41 PM Post #854 of 4,883
Quick question, and I apologize if this has already been answered: Is it possible to use the headphone out and the line out at the same time? 

nope, not from my experience.

Apr 12, 2015 at 5:44 PM Post #855 of 4,883

Users who are viewing this thread

Back