OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread
Feb 24, 2015 at 3:03 PM Post #91 of 4,883

lol it was a real honest suggestion. pretty sure if you read the manual front to back you will figure out why it seems to be only work sometimes.

hint: the ha-2 is working correctly.

How about you just tell me and quit being a troll.

LOL why do you say he's or she is a troll? because he/she won't tell you the exact cause?, discern my friend, use your neurons excersice your brain

Feb 24, 2015 at 3:31 PM Post #92 of 4,883
Very interested in the oppo ha-2 can anyone tell me how this compares to ifi idsd nano?

Will be using ether of these dac/amp with my iphone 6 /fiio x1 for now with q701/el8.

I can't say how it compares to the iFi iDSD Nano, but it sounds similar to the Light Harmonic Geek Out. It has a slightly grainier treble to me, but it's a bit warmer-sounding overall, which makes it a good pairing with the K 701 I have.

Feb 24, 2015 at 4:39 PM Post #94 of 4,883

How is that all headphones have a 3.5mm jack those days
confused_face_2.gif

Why is the bigger jack needed? It's seems just like a throw-back to yesteryear.

Feb 24, 2015 at 4:42 PM Post #95 of 4,883

How is that all headphones have a 3.5mm jack those days
confused_face_2.gif

Why is the bigger jack needed? It's seems just like a throw-back to yesteryear.

well some amps have this big jack input but oppo HA-2 has the traditional 3.5mm jack input, perhaps your senns have the big-jack adapter so you may check if it can detach if not you maybe need aan adapter from 6.35mm to 3.5mm

Feb 24, 2015 at 4:47 PM Post #96 of 4,883
^This^ you guys are a tough crowd, Dudes just asking for a little assistance :wink:.

Feb 24, 2015 at 4:51 PM Post #97 of 4,883
Gone through all the trouble shooting.  Thanks for your contribution though.

The manual doesn't say nothing about ipod classic compatibility, it soesn't mention it at all only ipod touch 5th generation i think so

Feb 24, 2015 at 7:20 PM Post #99 of 4,883
How about you just tell me and quit being a troll.

lol, i'm not trolling anyone. the exact step-by-step instructions on how to get it work is written out in the user manual. seriously just follow that instructions exactly step by step. if you did indeed get it to work before, those steps will be how you will get it to work again lol! there is rly no better or more helpful advice i or anyone else here can provide you.

gl

Feb 24, 2015 at 8:27 PM Post #100 of 4,883
Try an alternative USB cable. A bad cable, or a cable which is just dropping bits, can cause the HA-2 to not connect to it.

Make sure the input selection switch is not moving to the A or C setting.

Ensure that the volume on the iPod is turned up. The iPod's volume will can affect the digital volume, so you will want to set the volume to maximum on the iPod.

Feb 24, 2015 at 8:46 PM Post #103 of 4,883
I followed the same directions and had different results.  Ended up resetting the HA-2 and it seems to have resolved the issue.

lol btw, I can read and tie my own shoes, thank you very much.

hahah glad u figured it out :) i wld guess the a-b-c switch moved inadvertently & that caused your issue.

Feb 25, 2015 at 12:15 AM Post #104 of 4,883
I'm hoping someone can confirm some information for me about the HA-2 vs. my current Fiio E12.  The E12 can adequately drive all my headphones including T1, HE500, Alpha Dog, HD600 and X2.  
The maximum output for the E12 is 850mW at 32 Ohms.  The HA-2 shows output of only 200mW at 32 Ohms, and only 30mW at 300 Ohms.  I've also looked at the JDS Labs C5D, and it has similar output numbers to the HA-2.  

First, are the lower numbers due to inclusion of the DAC in the amp?  the E12 is an amp only.
Second, do I really need the DAC.  I'm currently using an IPOD Classic out of the 30 pin output directly into the E12.  
Is anyone aware of an amp/DAC combo in the $300 price range that provides more power?

Right now I am inclined to stay with what I have.  I love my OPPO products, but want something portable that can drive most hard to drive HP.  Something I can walk around with or lie in bed with that does not require a complete desktop set-up.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back