Oppo HA-2 dropouts on iOS10.3
Jul 29, 2017 at 1:22 PM Post #48 of 55
If it's on iOS, wouldn't it make more sense to post here?

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7932507?start=0&tstart=0

Interestingly, while there seems to be (near?) universal consensus on this Board that the problem is completely solved in 10.3,3, there are a number of reports on the Apple thread (referenced above) of "glitches," which I interpret as momentary interruptions in the music, that have replaced the complete dropouts. Is anybody experiencing those?

(Still holding on to 10.2.1)

Jul 29, 2017 at 1:33 PM Post #49 of 55
Interestingly, while there seems to be (near?) universal consensus on this Board that the problem is completely solved in 10.3,3, there are a number of reports on the Apple thread (referenced above) of "glitches," which I interpret as momentary interruptions in the music, that have replaced the complete dropouts. Is anybody experiencing those?

(Still holding on to 10.2.1)
I tried with ios 10.3.3 and a dragonfly red with the usb 3 cck and i was getting the glitches . its better than it was but still annoying.

EDIT:I tried with my chord mojo and got the same glitching. However, I powered off my phone completely and powered it back on again then tried the mojo again. i've listened for 30 minutes without any glitches. before the reboot it was happening every few minutes so rebooting the phone seems to have made a big difference. YMMV

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2017 at 8:32 PM Post #50 of 55
I tried with ios 10.3.3 and a dragonfly red with the usb 3 cck and i was getting the glitches . its better than it was but still annoying.

EDIT:I tried with my chord mojo and got the same glitching. However, I powered off my phone completely and powered it back on again then tried the mojo again. i've listened for 30 minutes without any glitches. before the reboot it was happening every few minutes so rebooting the phone seems to have made a big difference. YMMV

Did you try the rebooting procedure with your DFR? Did it work ( no glitches???

Jul 31, 2017 at 5:39 AM Post #52 of 55
Apple becomes a better and better company it seems... It's time to switch to Android I guess...

Aug 6, 2017 at 12:29 AM Post #53 of 55
Apple becomes a better and better company it seems... It's time to switch to Android I guess...
I'm on android and love it. However, most android devices resample the source material to 48 or 96K, even usb audio out. Not a deal breaker, but also not ideal. Apple at least put out 44.1 to my external DAC...before 10.3 that is.

Oct 31, 2017 at 4:55 PM Post #54 of 55
was wondering if you guys would think the oppo would be a good pairing with shure 535s and a DX80 by Ibasso?

Jan 6, 2018 at 11:36 AM Post #55 of 55
After spending wasted hours soeaking with Apple support and looking at various forums. I decided to buy a Syncwire 1m lightning to usb cable, this has done the trick! I seems the short cable supplied with the Oppo HA-2 no longer works with the iOS 10.3.3 update. The support from both Apple and Oppo has been disappointing. Without spending time on these forums I would have an expensive doorstop in the Oppo HA-2! The response from Apple was that you're using a non Apple product. Despite confirming that the Oppo is a MFI certified product, they weren't interested. Given the recent issues with Apple throttling back older iPhones. I will no longer be buying any more Apple products....!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back