Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread
May 24, 2016 at 9:39 AM Post #4,426 of 5,414
I didn't realize there was a new version of the drivers available for WinDoze 10.

I was using:
  1. OPPO_USB_Audio_Dac_Driver_release_ver2.24_build16

The "newest" version is:
  1. OPPO_USB_Audio_Dac_Driver_release_ver3.26_build19

I'm installing it now.

Download link here

May 25, 2016 at 11:02 PM Post #4,428 of 5,414
Went through the weirdest thing with my new HA-1. Thankfully, the good folks at OPPO just shipped me a new unit through the warranty Advanced Replacement.

Noticed that the LCD readout had a pixel problem from day 1. No PCM spelled out. Just permanent jumbled pixels. New Windows 10 driver + master reset didn't help.

On top of it all, the HA-1 would just randomly shut down for no reason in the middle of playing whatever I happened to be listening to. In a 5-hour listening session, would happen up to ten times. Sometimes within 5 mins of being powered back on. Started happening three weeks in, esp. after I started using it as a simple DAC in bypass mode for my PHONITOR 2 connected via XLR...

They had never heard of either problems ever happening...

Must have been a lemon. Hopefully new unit will be fine.

Say all that to say, if it ever shuts down on you, may be a bad sign. Contact OPPO.

May 25, 2016 at 11:22 PM Post #4,429 of 5,414
Weird. Never once had either of those issues in over a year of daily use. Definitely sounds like a lemon. Doesn't seem to be a common issue though since it's the first report of such a thing

May 26, 2016 at 2:30 PM Post #4,430 of 5,414
  On top of it all, the HA-1 would just randomly shut down for no reason in the middle of playing whatever I happened to be listening to. In a 5-hour listening session, would happen up to ten times. Sometimes within 5 mins of being powered back on. Started happening three weeks in, esp. after I started using it as a simple DAC in bypass mode for my PHONITOR 2 connected via XLR...

This happened to me once last Sunday early morning with my 2-month old unit (manufactured 8/2015).  I turned it back on and it played all day again.  Will have to see if it happens again.

Jun 7, 2016 at 4:28 AM Post #4,432 of 5,414
Since my Hegel HD25 dac is back temporarily with Hegel to fix a usb issue, I am now using my HA-1 with a pair of LCD4, and using pre out feeding a V281 amp analogue. And I have to say, the sabre chip with LCD4 is a really good match. Well balanced. Not close to what I experienced using my old LCD3 (oct 2015 ver) the same way.

Its going to be interesting getting the HD25 back as I did experience that DAC to be more balanced throughout the whole spectre and more detailed than the HA-1 dac.

Jun 10, 2016 at 10:34 PM Post #4,434 of 5,414
If anyone is interested I'm selling my HA-1. It's served me very well, but I'm moving up the proverbial ladder.

Jun 11, 2016 at 12:15 AM Post #4,435 of 5,414
If anyone is interested I'm selling my HA-1. It's served me very well, but I'm moving up the proverbial ladder.

Gold rush, eh? Congratulations. 

Which DAC are you going to use with the Gold? The mojo or the iFi? I assume the mojo.

Jun 11, 2016 at 12:24 AM Post #4,436 of 5,414
Gold rush, eh? Congratulations. 

Which DAC are you going to use with the Gold? The mojo or the iFi? I assume the mojo.

Nah, getting a new DAC too but I don't want to disclose which until I actually get it. The Mojo would certainly fit the role easily IMO, but I don't like running battery powered units in a desktop environment. Was never really a fan of the iFi that I won. My son uses it with his Maschine Studio beat pad setup.

Jun 15, 2016 at 11:57 AM Post #4,437 of 5,414
  I didn't realize there was a new version of the drivers available for WinDoze 10.

I was using:
  1. OPPO_USB_Audio_Dac_Driver_release_ver2.24_build16

The "newest" version is:
  1. OPPO_USB_Audio_Dac_Driver_release_ver3.26_build19

I'm installing it now.

Download link here

Nice find, did not realise there was some newer drivers out.

Cool.

Jun 30, 2016 at 3:03 PM Post #4,439 of 5,414
Hey guys, I'm new here to Head-Fi but not new to the audio game...I just got a Oppo HA-1 with HD600's listening to my iPad as a source (TIDAL and Foobar uPNP) and was wondering if this is normal-

My only question is, does the iPad always output in PCM 44.1/16? I have a lot of 192khz material on my HTPC that I stream via Foobar2000's uPNP component into the iPad (also running Foobar Mobile). No matter what resolution file I play the HA-1 does not change its input stream.

However, playing high rez files the HA-1 still says PCM 44.1/16, where as my Emotiva connected to my 2ch set up in another room will correctly read 192khz, or similar.

So is the problem the Oppo, iPad, or Foobar, and is there any way to get bit-perfect streams to the HA-1 using this set up?

Here's an obligatory photo of my listening and reading nook (since newbs can't embed photos):

https://i.imgur.com/lbiomy5.jpg

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back