Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread
Jul 23, 2015 at 4:32 PM Post #3,737 of 5,414

Well, for me it did not change one bit, it sounded as expected (neutral) from the start. Let's settle this topic and get back to the Oppo HA-1 ... still having issues with the bluetooth, the connection has random hick-ups, no matter what device I try. Pretty annoying.  

I recently swapped out the cable of my HE-500 to a custom-built balanced one. Finally got rid of that crappy silver noise-inducing thing, hurray! Works like a charm on the HA-1, I'm very happy.

Yeah, I had the bluetooth issue as well. One thing I considered was using a ultra long connector and going directly into the front USB connection. Maybe you could consider that?

In the end I just stuck with a iPod dock and connected using coax. The dock controls the iPod via remote.

Jul 28, 2015 at 11:19 PM Post #3,739 of 5,414
How well does the HA-1 pair with the Audeze LCD-3 with balanced cables? 
Excellent pairing and the one I personally use. The lcd-3 benefits from a brighter DAC which I think the Oppo has. Helps balance out the warmth of the audeze headphones

Jul 28, 2015 at 11:24 PM Post #3,740 of 5,414
Excellent pairing and the one I personally use. The lcd-3 benefits from a brighter DAC which I think the Oppo has. Helps balance out the warmth of the audeze headphones

Thanks. I have the Burson conductor which pairs very well too. Good power and a bit on the bright side so perfect for LCD-3s. But I'm looking to go balanced and also get something with a remote.

I see Oppo has the refurbs in stock again as of now so I think I'll order. :)

Jul 28, 2015 at 11:26 PM Post #3,741 of 5,414
I used to own the Burson conductor as well. I prefer the Oppo in terms of sound quality. Plus it's cheaper and has way more versatility and looks great to boot.

Jul 29, 2015 at 12:36 AM Post #3,742 of 5,414

Thanks. I have the Burson conductor which pairs very well too. Good power and a bit on the bright side so perfect for LCD-3s. But I'm looking to go balanced and also get something with a remote.

I see Oppo has the refurbs in stock again as of now so I think I'll order. :)

Go for it! Listening to my Oppp HA-1 refurb now and loving it!

Jul 29, 2015 at 4:56 PM Post #3,743 of 5,414
  How well does the HA-1 pair with the Audeze LCD-3 with balanced cables? 

I ditto Goldendarko's assessment. I'm running HA-1 with non-fazored LCD-3's via a 15' Norse Audio Skuld balanced cable. I'm in love!

You should check out Inner Fidelity's excellent review of the HA-1, which was apparently made using LCD-3's:

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/affordable-and-transparent-oppo-ha-1-headphone-amplifierdac#dQMvkeTUWDZfRu0h.97

Happy listening!

Jul 29, 2015 at 6:01 PM Post #3,744 of 5,414

I ditto Goldendarko's assessment. I'm running HA-1 with non-fazored LCD-3's via a 15' Norse Audio Skuld balanced cable. I'm in love!

You should check out Inner Fidelity's excellent review of the HA-1, which was apparently made using LCD-3's:

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/affordable-and-transparent-oppo-ha-1-headphone-amplifierdac#dQMvkeTUWDZfRu0h.97

Happy listening!

I have that combo. I'm not a fan. I will be the first to admit I can be wrong tho. So I will give it a good listen in the weekend.
gs1000.gif
I suspect that combo will be nice for airy detail type music. Alison Krauss for example.

Jul 29, 2015 at 7:21 PM Post #3,745 of 5,414
I used to own the Burson conductor as well. I prefer the Oppo in terms of sound quality. Plus it's cheaper and has way more versatility and looks great to boot.

Go for it! Listening to my Oppp HA-1 refurb now and loving it!

Happy listening!

Mine is on the way! I wish I didn't have to pay sales tax in California. Oh well. I should have it by the end of the week. 

Jul 30, 2015 at 2:12 AM Post #3,746 of 5,414
My review will be live on my website on Tuesday, but what I have found is using the HA-1 in balanced mode is far more favourable. Even with Oppo's own PM-2 headphones , in balanced mode the quality seems much better.

This is a really impressive piece of kit.

Jul 30, 2015 at 2:13 PM Post #3,747 of 5,414
Just received my HA-1 and checking it out. Question, is there supposed to be a soft transformer like buzzing sound if you put your ear to the top vent? Is this normal?

Jul 30, 2015 at 2:46 PM Post #3,748 of 5,414
Woot! Just got my Oppo HA-1. I'm coming from a Emotiva Stealth DC-1 -> Bryston BHA-1 and running HD800/HD650. Can't wait to hear how this combo sounds!

Jul 30, 2015 at 3:54 PM Post #3,750 of 5,414
Has anybody used the HA-1 drivers with Windows 10?

I have the oppo drivers w/ windows 10. works fine on the ha-2. ha-1 & ha-2 uses the same drivers :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back