Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread
Jul 4, 2015 at 7:19 AM Post #3,661 of 5,414
Well, let's agree to disagree. :)

By the way, is there another high quality DAC / headphone amp with a feature set similar to the Oppo?

I agree. I'm happy to leave it at that.

Nope. Nothing like the Oppo features. I've always said the rest of the unit is top notch. The amp is a beaut. Pre-amp features are un heard of and isn't that display fun? Gives me a fond grin everytime I use it.

Jul 4, 2015 at 7:22 AM Post #3,662 of 5,414
I agree. I'm happy to leave it at that.

Nope. Nothing like the Oppo features. I've always said the rest of the unit is top notch. The amp is a beaut. Pre-amp features are un heard of and isn't that display fun? Gives me a fond grin everytime I use it.

Yes, that display is indeed fun... I usually use the spectrum analyzer, and I constantly look at that while listening. I think Oppo should add even more visualization options via a firmware update. And, of course, give me the option to select between them via the remote control. :wink:

Jul 5, 2015 at 5:34 PM Post #3,663 of 5,414
Has anyone accidentally left the ha-1 on overnight or for an extended period of time? Since there is no auto shutdown, I worry that it will overheat enough to damage its internals. Has that happened to anyone before?

Jul 5, 2015 at 7:21 PM Post #3,665 of 5,414
"Has anyone accidentally left the ha-1 on overnight or for an extended period of time? Since there is no auto shutdown, I worry that it will overheat enough to damage its internals. Has that happened to anyone before?"

Unless your room is super hot, or you've blocked its air vents, there's no reason for it to go over its stable (though quite warm) normal temperature

Jul 6, 2015 at 1:06 PM Post #3,667 of 5,414
Hey everyone!

Well, I'm proud to say I'm the new owner of some LCD-Xs! Totally loving them and their neutral sound, coming from AH-D2000s. 

Anyway, I'm looking for an end-game solid-state amp that will introduce no coloring to my music. My Audinst HUD-MX1 just doesn't have enough oomph now with these planars, despite sounding acceptable. 

That brought me to find the Oppo HA-1. Any LCD-X users in the house? How's the combo working for you? Any major competitors to the HA-1 giving it a run for it's money? I'm already sold and in love with the design, but this is just a formality now... :p

Jul 6, 2015 at 1:37 PM Post #3,668 of 5,414
  Hey everyone!

Well, I'm proud to say I'm the new owner of some LCD-Xs! Totally loving them and their neutral sound, coming from AH-D2000s. 

Anyway, I'm looking for an end-game solid-state amp that will introduce no coloring to my music. My Audinst HUD-MX1 just doesn't have enough oomph now with these planars, despite sounding acceptable. 

That brought me to find the Oppo HA-1. Any LCD-X users in the house? How's the combo working for you? Any major competitors to the HA-1 giving it a run for it's money? I'm already sold and in love with the design, but this is just a formality now... :p

I think it's a fantastic pairing.  I'm a big fan of the HA-1; the combination of build quality, features, and sound makes it tough to beat, in my opinion.  I find it to be extremely neutral, so it will definitely not "fix" headphones that you don't like... but, if you love the LCD-X (as I do), the HA-1 powers them effortlessly and beautifully.  
I'd say go for it! 
L3000.gif

Jul 6, 2015 at 2:09 PM Post #3,669 of 5,414
Has anyone accidentally left the ha-1 on overnight or for an extended period of time? Since there is no auto shutdown, I worry that it will overheat enough to damage its internals. Has that happened to anyone before?

My HA-1 is my DAC/AMP workhorse. It is on at least 8 hours a day for the last 3 months and have left it on overnight several times. It pushes my LCD-X's for headphone duties as well as my JBL 305's studio monitors as a pre-amp. I do gaming and music stuff from my PC.

I did a laser temperature check after 3 hours of heavy music use on the LCD-X's(4 pin connection) and got 98F in a 72F ambient temperature.

It has been a rock solid performer for as long as I have owned it.

Jul 6, 2015 at 3:36 PM Post #3,670 of 5,414

I think it's a fantastic pairing.  I'm a big fan of the HA-1; the combination of build quality, features, and sound makes it tough to beat, in my opinion.  I find it to be extremely neutral, so it will definitely not "fix" headphones that you don't like... but, if you love the LCD-X (as I do), the HA-1 powers them effortlessly and beautifully.  
I'd say go for it! 
L3000.gif

Awesome!

Thanks for the input. It might just be the end-game I've dreamed of! Well...at least for 10, 15 years if I'm lucky. :p
  I did a laser temperature check after 3 hours of heavy music use on the LCD-X's(4 pin connection) and got 98F in a 72F ambient temperature.

It has been a rock solid performer for as long as I have owned it.

How are you liking the LCD-X and HA-1 pairing? Is it as majestic as I've heard?

Jul 6, 2015 at 4:47 PM Post #3,671 of 5,414
Don't have the LCD-X, but I own the LCD-2 and XC. The pairing with the HA-1 is great with both.

Jul 6, 2015 at 5:06 PM Post #3,673 of 5,414
  Would you say it's a top-tier solid state for Audeze cans? I'm really inexperienced when it comes to DACs and Amps, especially high-end stuff, but I wanted to confirm the purchase was a solid one that will last a very long time.

it's a very competitive option for a dac/amp in the $1k price range. there are higher end equipment but they run $1.5k+ per component.

edit: I've tried the LCD-X with the HA-1 and it is a solid pairing. should be very satisfying.

Jul 6, 2015 at 6:13 PM Post #3,674 of 5,414

I do like the HA-1 with LCD-X. For me(obligatory weasel wording) it is not too dark/bright/warm.. but just right. I find them good with online pc gaming as well with music.

Jul 6, 2015 at 7:09 PM Post #3,675 of 5,414
Would you say it's a top-tier solid state for Audeze cans? I'm really inexperienced when it comes to DACs and Amps, especially high-end stuff, but I wanted to confirm the purchase was a solid one that will last a very long time.

Yes. Take away the connectivity and the display and bells and whistles and I still feel it's top tier, in its price range. As Money4me247 has said there are competitive gear out there for sure, but not with these features. I'm quite happy with the LCD line on the HA-1 but fair warning, with something like the HD800 it can sound bright. Then again I don't like the HD800 so I have no issue there. At the end of it all I feel the HA-1 just lets the headphone signature show through.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back