Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread
Jun 3, 2015 at 1:11 AM Post #3,586 of 5,414
What I would do, if that were my work space, is to come up with some kind of way to hang them on the wall right below the window.

Many different things you could do, but I would probably like to make something custom, like large round pegs that are big enough

to fit the contour of most headphone bands, and then maybe put a keyhole slot on the back of them and just hang them on a screw or nail.

If you don't want to put holes in the wall, there are other methods too, like those 3M sticky pads that are supposed to not leave marks on the wall.

:)

Oh, that isn't where they live. I have cubbies on the other side of the room, one for each headphone. I just dog piled the gear to get it in one shot, but yes, looking for better solutions.

Great ideas, thanks! :)

Jun 3, 2015 at 1:53 AM Post #3,587 of 5,414
  Thanks guys.

Here is a wider angle of the room if anyone cares.

As far as a direct comparison to the M-DAC, didn't have a chance to do that.  I owned the M-DAC for two years.  I can tell you that the HA-1 sounds more natural to me, more like real music.  I think that is one of the biggest compliments you can pay to a piece of gear.  

Hi im not clear on this.  I was looking to get a pair of White / Blue LS50s in the future with a different sort of amp - are you running them directly off the OPPO? Or is the oppo being used as a pre amp and are you using something else as a power amp?  I heard they are great speakers but need a bit of juice to run?

Jun 3, 2015 at 2:04 AM Post #3,588 of 5,414
The HA-1 doesn't power speakers. Can only be used as a pre amp or with powered speakers like emotiva airmotivs for example. The LS50s will require an actual speaker amplifier

Jun 3, 2015 at 9:10 AM Post #3,589 of 5,414

Hi im not clear on this.  I was looking to get a pair of White / Blue LS50s in the future with a different sort of amp - are you running them directly off the OPPO? Or is the oppo being used as a pre amp and are you using something else as a power amp?  I heard they are great speakers but need a bit of juice to run?

As the above poster mentioned, the HA-1 cannot power passive speakers.
It can act as a pre-amp by using the pre-amp out to a power amp, and to the passive speakers.
You can control the volume on the HA-1.

Or you can use active speakers just like my set-up below.
As the Solo6 Be has no volume control, the volume is controlled from the HA-1.

Jun 3, 2015 at 1:20 PM Post #3,590 of 5,414
  Thanks guys.

As far as a direct comparison to the M-DAC, didn't have a chance to do that.  I owned the M-DAC for two years.  I can tell you that the HA-1 sounds more natural to me, more like real music.  I think that is one of the biggest compliments you can pay to a piece of gear.  

That's a classy looking setup.  Is it really that neat all the time?  What are you powering the Kefs with?
My wife wants to know why I can't be that neat.  Troublemaker.

Jun 3, 2015 at 1:22 PM Post #3,591 of 5,414

That's a classy looking setup.  Is it really that neat all the time?  What are you powering the Kefs with?

There is what looks like a Parasound amp sitting on the ground...?

Jun 3, 2015 at 1:37 PM Post #3,592 of 5,414

Thanks.  Parasound A23.

Jun 3, 2015 at 2:38 PM Post #3,593 of 5,414
  Thanks guys.

As someone who has an absolute nest of cables and wires under my desk, I have to respect neat cable management - well done :)

Jun 3, 2015 at 5:13 PM Post #3,595 of 5,414
The guy obviously likes his desk like I like my whiskey - neat.

Jun 3, 2015 at 7:02 PM Post #3,596 of 5,414
Jun 3, 2015 at 10:19 PM Post #3,598 of 5,414
Nice setup drewTT! What headphones are you considering? I have the KEFs, which are awesome, and considering the Oppo for HD800s and as my general DAC. You seem happy with the HA-1 as a pre/dac.

Careful, the Oppo HA-1 clarity with the HD-800 might put it over the top.

Jun 3, 2015 at 10:29 PM Post #3,599 of 5,414
Careful, the Oppo HA-1 clarity with the HD-800 might put it over the top.

Treble head like me are happy with the combo 
tongue.gif

but I do agree with some opinions that the HA-1 is a better match to warmer cans like Oppo's own PM-1, LCD-2/3, Sony Z7 (which I also own), ATH woodies, etc.

Jun 4, 2015 at 12:13 AM Post #3,600 of 5,414

Nice setup drewTT! What headphones are you considering? I have the KEFs, which are awesome, and considering the Oppo for HD800s and as my general DAC. You seem happy with the HA-1 as a pre/dac.

Thanks.  Oppo PM-1 with balanced cabling or the Audeze LCD-X. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back