Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread
Jan 14, 2015 at 11:23 PM Post #2,446 of 5,414
I'm 90% sure it won't. Not because of the xlr end, but because I don't think the ther end is 2.5mm

I think you got the two posts confused - the guy was saying his Audeze balanced cable works in the HA-1, so the HD800s will too.  He wasnt saying the Sennheiser CH800S cable will work with the Audeze as one is pop out and the other isnt at the ends closest to the ear pieces.

Jan 15, 2015 at 2:37 AM Post #2,453 of 5,414
  AWESOME!!!!! So balanced makes a difference in sound???? will i notice??? or should i brake the oppo ha-1 one in for a while with single end cable then try balanced????

Difference in sound quality AND quantity.

From the oppo HA-1, you get 4x power and 2x voltage through the balanced cable. 

While i had the volume on say 3 oclock on single ended, it was like..10/11 oclock on balanced.   you will DEFINITELY notice.  The only thing is i hate changing the "pop" cables on the Sennheiser as you have to pull pretty hard!.

dont bother with the single ended anymore.  Balanced is much better.

My new Norne Draugs should be coming next month and ive heard it makes the HD800s sound a lot nicer and removes some of the brightness and harsh treble from them.

Jan 15, 2015 at 2:45 AM Post #2,454 of 5,414
Currently testing the HA-1.

NOT impressed...at least on the power side.

I have the unit in high gain and at full volume (6DB), it doesn't get anywhere to hurting my ears (not deaf, I have top 1% tested hearing).  Heck, my E17 portable has shown more "ear power" than this.

Based on power alone, it's a non-starter

I'm using new HD-650's btw and not a noob when it comes to expensive equipment ($30k+ system) or setting this crap up.

Must be a defective unit or something....will let everyone know later.

Jan 15, 2015 at 3:44 AM Post #2,455 of 5,414
Currently testing the HA-1.

NOT impressed...at least on the power side.

I have the unit in high gain and at full volume (6DB), it doesn't get anywhere to hurting my ears (not deaf, I have top 1% tested hearing).  Heck, my E17 portable has shown more "ear power" than this.

Based on power alone, it's a non-starter

I'm using new HD-650's btw and not a noob when it comes to expensive equipment ($30k+ system) or setting this crap up.

Must be a defective unit or something....will let everyone know later.

There has to be something wrong. If I ever got to that level it would be heard at the other end of the house and ears would serious bleed. Most likely headphones would break also.

Jan 15, 2015 at 3:46 AM Post #2,456 of 5,414
Difference in sound quality AND quantity.

From the oppo HA-1, you get 4x power and 2x voltage through the balanced cable. 

While i had the volume on say 3 oclock on single ended, it was like..10/11 oclock on balanced.   you will DEFINITELY notice.  The only thing is i hate changing the "pop" cables on the Sennheiser as you have to pull pretty hard!.

dont bother with the single ended anymore.  Balanced is much better.

My new Norne Draugs should be coming next month and ive heard it makes the HD800s sound a lot nicer and removes some of the brightness and harsh treble from them.

I haven't bothered with single end for a long time now as well. Balanced lifts every last bit of detail from recordings, plus dynamics and power.

Jan 15, 2015 at 4:09 AM Post #2,460 of 5,414
Balanced also has the benefit of noise rejection as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back