Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread
May 15, 2014 at 12:31 PM Post #228 of 5,414
  If i only have SE input but with balanced outputs, would the power quadruple as well? thanks

Output power is independent of the input used. So as long as you are using the balanced headphone output, you will be getting the increased power output.

May 15, 2014 at 1:38 PM Post #231 of 5,414

I think you should head over to the sound science forum and get this off your chest.  It will make you feel much better. 
wink.gif

I think in your haste to help me, you may have omitted to realize that I am not arguing with him on his preferences - merely pointing out that his statement (that everyone knows...) is not accurate.    I didnt know there was a rule on Head-Fi that said applying any kind of scientific rigor or rationale to support one's subjective experience is a bad thing.  

My B&K amp
My Acurus amp
My Carver m500t amp
They were all extremely excellent sounding and powerful amps.
They ALL SOUNDED DIFFERENT. ..
And it was easy and instant to tell.
It's not just the raw information you hear, it is the brains interpretation and "perception" of this..

<snip>
I have come to realize that the sonic differences of a circuit or amp are not because of its design goals, which in theory are clear and perfect...
but it's traits of flaws or limits or how it "reacts" in real world conditions.
Getting into choice of parts & materials is another endless topic.

Fair enough.    If you are hearing a difference, that's what matters.  

May 15, 2014 at 2:06 PM Post #232 of 5,414
  Hey Hastur,

Sorry if this has already been asked. For the headphone outputs, how much gain is applied on normal gain, and how much is applied on high gain? Thanks!

High Gain adds an additional 18dB over Normal Gain. The Normal Gain is not a decibel rating, but rather a change in the voltage. The output voltage is double the input voltage.

May 15, 2014 at 3:16 PM Post #233 of 5,414
More impressions with the XC, please !!!! The bass...oh, how does the bass sound ?? 

Sorry for that...been waiting a bit for your impressions LOL

I plan on writing a few more impressions, but there really isn't too much more to say. I think I'll wait just a little longer until I'm not so giddy about what I'm hearing. :D

May 15, 2014 at 11:22 PM Post #234 of 5,414

Discussed a whole two pages back with this reply.
rolleyes.gif

Mia Culpa... I must've missed it...  1000 apologies...

Now can someone clarify this for me...

Does the HA-1 have two dacs one per channel or just 1 dac servicing both channels (left & right)...

I'm about to purchase one methinks... and please don't tell me that this was discussed a whole two pages back.....

Peace...
blink.gif

May 16, 2014 at 2:02 AM Post #236 of 5,414

Mia Culpa... I must've missed it...  1000 apologies...

Now can someone clarify this for me...

Does the HA-1 have two dacs one per channel or just 1 dac servicing both channels (left & right)...

I'm about to purchase one methinks... and please don't tell me that this was discussed a whole two pages back.....

Peace...
blink.gif

I wasn't being cheeky with you, just pointing out how much repetition happens in the threads sometimes. 
wink.gif

The HA-1 has one DAC, and it's a great implementation. I'm very impressed with the HA-1 and it should definitely be on your short list. What else are you considering?

May 16, 2014 at 5:22 AM Post #239 of 5,414
Does the HA-1 have enough power to drive the less efficient Hifiman phones?  HE-6, HE-500, etc.?

From this site, about a third of the way down before the unboxing pics.

http://www.avforums.com/news/oppo-enters-high-end-headphone-market-with-planar-magnetic-pm-1.10254

Quote:
"The first thing I did was set it to high gain and grab the notoriously hard to drive HiFiMan HE-‘6’s which to be fair most headamps can’t drive but the OPPO HA-1 really didn’t have any problems which is a great start."

And someone has it paired with the HE-6 in the HE-6 thread here:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/493214/hifiman-he-6-planar-magnetic-headphone/13425#post_10530011

A couple of posts down he says he really likes it.

May 16, 2014 at 6:19 AM Post #240 of 5,414
Still awaiting UK release....

This might wipe those tears. :D

http://www.head-fi.org/t/685704/oppo-pm-1-a-new-planar-magnetic-headphone/1845#post_10543975

Includes the HA-1 as well. :wink:

Originally Posted by HasturTheYellow

For all those chomping at the bit for the PM-1 but were hesitant because of the International price discrepancy, we have updated our Offline Order Form to include the PM-1 and HA-1 products. This form will allow you to purchase any of our products direct and have them shipped internationally.

As I stated earlier this afternoon, there is a caveat with International orders, and that is with the Limited Warranty that normally protects our products from future defects. If you have a PM-1, HA-1 or other OPPO product shipped to an International destination, or these OPPO products are brought to an International destination, it will be the customer's responsibility to pay for the shipping of the OPPO product to and from our United States office. We will still cover the parts and labor itself as part of the Limited Warranty conditions, but we are not responsible for the freight. This is different from a North American purchase where we cover the freight to and from the customer as part of the Limited Warranty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back