Opinions Wanted: What Is the Most Expensive Pair of IEMs That You Would Consider Exercising with?
May 2, 2012 at 4:55 PM Post #31 of 83
Quote:
Ive been told my life depends on my excersising, and I hate it because it takes me away from my passions of reading and creating music. Listening to grat music presented well is a consolation, to me, price is not an object. I consider the IEMs to be a medical appliance which gives me the willpower to get off my chair and get walking. My wife also performs this function when she chooses to go walking with me.
I draw a limit at yard work. This weekend trimming my hedges I opted for my metro.fi 200vs thinking that if the hedge trimmer cut trough the cable, it would be no big loss.
Two primary considerations are goog sound blocking and minuscule driver weight. When you active, the IEM drivers can bounce in you ears if they're too heavy. This is annoying.

Interesting and meaningful way to look at it! 

I could never see myself doing anything physical though with a set of IEMs in the price-range of the JH16s...

May 2, 2012 at 5:04 PM Post #32 of 83
Quote:

Interesting and meaningful way to look at it! 

I could never see myself doing anything physical though with a set of IEMs in the price-range of the JH16s...

shouldn't be a problem regardless of the price range...

the stage performers sweat much more than average physical exercises..

tug and pull shouldn't matter either since the cables are detachable and it is almost impossible to pull the CIEMs right out of your ear by force... at least not without tearing your ear apart.. 

the drivers shaking in the earpice is just not going to happen..because they are not suspended... the drivers themselves are quite sensitive... but not sensitive enough to be damaged from running (might get damaged from the shock created when hit by a car)

so.. other than safety concern when wearing IEMs... I don't see any reason to set a limit on it...

May 2, 2012 at 6:22 PM Post #33 of 83
This thread makes me feel lazy. I am going to start an exercise routine, then come back for headphone tips. :)

May 2, 2012 at 10:55 PM Post #34 of 83
Quote:
 shouldn't be a problem regardless of the price range...

the stage performers sweat much more than average physical exercises..

tug and pull shouldn't matter either since the cables are detachable and it is almost impossible to pull the CIEMs right out of your ear by force... at least not without tearing your ear apart.. 

the drivers shaking in the earpice is just not going to happen..because they are not suspended... the drivers themselves are quite sensitive... but not sensitive enough to be damaged from running (might get damaged from the shock created when hit by a car)

so.. other than safety concern when wearing IEMs... I don't see any reason to set a limit on it...

The point is, nobody would want to sweat all over their JH16s which they paid so much for, it's just... disgusting! 

May 2, 2012 at 11:02 PM Post #35 of 83
I've thought about it, but I wouldnt use my JH16 to workout in.  Top tier IEMs yes though.

May 3, 2012 at 6:55 PM Post #37 of 83
I've been using my Superlux HD381Fs for walking/biking/jogging/hiking - the semi-open design really helps maintain awareness when I don't feel like having my head on a swivel. That said, when I get my customs in a couple of months, as long as bone conduction isn't a huge issue, I'll almost definitely switch to those for walks and biking (gotta love living in a city absolutely riddled with bike paths).

May 3, 2012 at 8:25 PM Post #38 of 83
I use my JH16s for exercise and jogging, can't quite jump over a bridge, but haven't had any concerns so far.

Corgie+-+If+you+believe+You+will+succeed.jpg

May 4, 2012 at 9:59 AM Post #41 of 83
Quote:
I use my new UE 11 pros for working out every day. To me ,every second i don't use them, is a second that i've wasted.

How unhappy would be be if you broke it while working out? If Bill Gates breaks a $1,000 earphone, he probably wouldn't be too upset. Most of us wouldn't even buy an earphone over $200, and the vast majority who would do so  would treat it very well and not use it while exercising. I wouldn't even use an earphone over $20 while exercising.

May 4, 2012 at 10:26 AM Post #42 of 83
I'd fear running with isolating, nice IEM's. The microphonics would drive me a bit crazy for one, the fear of snagging the cord in some unforseen disaster another, and the third would be a fear of being hit by a car by some careless driver.

I generally use a pair of light on-ear headphones for running, which eliminate most of these issues. I recommend the Jays V-Jays for instance.

May 4, 2012 at 11:16 AM Post #43 of 83
Quote:
How unhappy would be be if you broke it while working out? If Bill Gates breaks a $1,000 earphone, he probably wouldn't be too upset. Most of us wouldn't even buy an earphone over $200, and the vast majority who would do so  would treat it very well and not use it while exercising. I wouldn't even use an earphone over $20 while exercising.

this is exactly what we were discussion... the thing is... it is highly unlikely to be broken during exercises... the easiest way I can think of is falling on your ear which is again... highly unlikely...

May 4, 2012 at 12:25 PM Post #44 of 83
Quote:
 this is exactly what we were discussion... the thing is... it is highly unlikely to be broken during exercises... the easiest way I can think of is falling on your ear which is again... highly unlikely...

But having the idea of sweating all over it and turning it smelly isn't a good either... 

May 4, 2012 at 12:48 PM Post #45 of 83

It is likely enough to break prematurely if used during exercising. The cord could get stuck on something, sweat might cause a short circuit withing the IEM. One could also damage it by dropping it. I only used cheap headphones when working out. I even had certain ones that I used only when exercising.

There were a few posts here by people trashing expensive IEMs while working out. If it won't bother you so much if you trash expensive earphones, then use them while exercising. If it will bother you, then use something cheap while exercising. The same thing goes for the player.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back