Opinions Wanted: What Is the Most Expensive Pair of IEMs That You Would Consider Exercising with?
May 8, 2012 at 4:09 PM Post #61 of 83
I wear my Etymotic ERP4 to the "Y". I had the custom tips molded because I thought they'd stay in place better than the tripe flange, they do. It was well worth the $100 to not have to fiddle with the phones every couple minutes and the extra Isolation in a nice bonus.

May 8, 2012 at 4:17 PM Post #62 of 83
I'm glad I found the cheapy FOTM Phillips SHE-3850 for working out!  < $15 at Wal-mart, less on Amazon.  Not the best isolation, but I don't think I could take my ER-4P to workout -- just too expensive to replace when something happnes to it (not IF for me!).

May 8, 2012 at 4:18 PM Post #63 of 83
SoundMagic ES18s for me. $11.99, the fun sound of the E10s, super light weight, and I could care less if they break.

It also really depends on the type of workout:
* Running: pretty low risk - just wipe down your buds after the run to get rid of any sweat/salt and use a shirt clip/over the ear/cord under the shirt strategy.
* Weights: again low risk, except for snagging - wearing under the shirt will help, but you definitely want to avoid and excess cable length here.
* Movement (e.g. basketball): these are higher risk in that you run the risks of both of the above (snag, sweat) and to top it off the source might fall taking your headphones with it. When that happens they are vulnerable to be crushed by feet or the fall itself.

In general I wouldn't want to exercise with an IEM more than $25 or so. You want to hit that sweet spot balancing price and sound good enough that it makes your workout even more enjoyable.

May 8, 2012 at 8:13 PM Post #64 of 83
Quote:
I also use the Atrios because they fell into a glass of water and stayed in water for over 10 mins by accident and they still work!

Impressive!

May 8, 2012 at 9:21 PM Post #65 of 83
True they did not say SWEAT PROOF but did mention for sports and humidity. SONY, Koss and, (pasted it cause im too lazy to correctly spell it). Also broke a $500 pair of Shure 530 and many other Earphones throughout the years. As I mentioned I dropped a pair of Atriios into a glass of water and they still work and I shoot basketball in the sun during mid day with them for the past 2 years and they still working.
Quote:
Which did you buy? Did you try the JVC Riptidz? Most sports earphones don't specifically state on the package that they are sweat resistant as the Riptidz does.

May 9, 2012 at 2:58 AM Post #67 of 83
All depends on a persons income. For you it is 15 dollars which might be a certain % of your income while another persons income allow him or her to spend the same % that you do on a cheap earphone but his or hers price range is $100 Dollars.
Quote:
Agree, who the hell monitors music when exercising? Less said about getting expensive monitors? 

May 9, 2012 at 2:58 AM Post #68 of 83
The most expensive Earphone I would consider exercising with would definitely be these. 
smile.gif

http://www.jaben.com.au/collections/final-audio-design/products/final-audio-design-piano-forte-x-g

Goodluck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back