Opinions Wanted: What Is the Most Expensive Pair of IEMs That You Would Consider Exercising with?
Apr 30, 2012 at 10:19 PM Post #16 of 83
If I did wear earphones while working out, would be the cheapest I could find.  Can't really concentrate on the music anyway, so no point in wearing an expensive pair.

Apr 30, 2012 at 10:21 PM Post #17 of 83

p.s.  I don't think you want extreme noise isolation while captivated by music running down busy streets.

Then again if you're using a JH16 this might just happen

Apr 30, 2012 at 10:31 PM Post #19 of 83
wow...get me the JH16 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
tongue_smile.gif

A leap of faith...or broken jaw, we shall see. 
ph34r.gif

Apr 30, 2012 at 11:10 PM Post #22 of 83

Quote:

Can I ask where you came up with that solution?  Did you make it up yourself or here of that concentration somewhere (just curious)?

Thank you again guys and keep the opinions coming!

DIY.  No science involved.  You CAN just use plain old h20.
The Senn is around 4+ years old and working just fine with all that running and cleaning.

May 1, 2012 at 5:17 AM Post #23 of 83

Quote:
Yeah I can't stress enough about not wearing highly isolating headphones/IEMs while out and about. Especially in traffic. That is a death wish waiting to happen. Too many stupid drivers out there :wink:.

Fortunately not everyone lives in big cities where you have to bike/run for an hour to reach nature.
Only takes me 10 minutes to reach cycling lanes and mountain trails, and then I can switch music on.
wink.gif

And for the record, I see many more stupid cyclists than stupid drivers. I mean, who exactly never respects traffic lights, sidewalks, priorities (in France) ? Cyclists.

May 1, 2012 at 5:44 AM Post #24 of 83
There really isn't a point for me to have a good sound while exercising anyway. I mean, when you're exercising, you hardly even have time to enjoy the music fully and most of the details would probably be lost to the surroundings. So using FLAC and top-tier IEMs for exercising for me is just an overkill. And there's not to say that top-tier IEMs are THAT durable. There was once a guy who sweated into his W4 and one side started to have no sound coming from it. 

May 1, 2012 at 12:00 PM Post #25 of 83
Any IEM without a detachable cord should be fine.  Just wipe them down after your run with a damp towel or something.

Just for safety's sake, as others have said, you might consider some buds.  Of course, if you're running where there's no traffic, anything you like should work fine.

Personally, I prefer a lesser IEM (something that pumps out the BASS) while working out.  I used the term "lesser" because I normally prefer a more neutral and balanced sound from my IEM's. 

My favorite for lifting was the UE super.fi 5 EB's.  Those were awesome...except they were so damn uncomfortable.  Now I use the the orange Senn IEMs.  They do the job well enough.

Cheers.

May 2, 2012 at 1:36 AM Post #26 of 83
Quote:
Any IEM without a detachable cord should be fine.  Just wipe them down after your run with a damp towel or something.

Just for safety's sake, as others have said, you might consider some buds.  Of course, if you're running where there's no traffic, anything you like should work fine.

Personally, I prefer a lesser IEM (something that pumps out the BASS) while working out.  I used the term "lesser" because I normally prefer a more neutral and balanced sound from my IEM's. 

My favorite for lifting was the UE super.fi 5 EB's.  Those were awesome...except they were so damn uncomfortable.  Now I use the the orange Senn IEMs.  They do the job well enough.

Cheers.

I guess the Klipsch S4 will be really great when working out... but I agree, a more fun IEM will boost the experience when exercising. An neutral and boring one will just make the experience a lot duller. 

May 2, 2012 at 8:55 AM Post #27 of 83
I say $20 should be the price limit for workout IEMs. I would probably use the $7 JVC Riptidz since it sounds quite decent for the price, and is listed as being sweat and water resistant.
I would also use a $30  2GB Clip+ mp3 player with a $12  16GB micro SDHC card in it when working out. That way if I trash the player and earphones while working out, the whole thing costs under $50.

Players and earphones that are used while working out tend to get damaged or broken much too soon.

Years ago when I was working out, I wouldn't even risk an mp3 player, and used a decent AM/FM walkman such as the $15 Sony SRF-59. The SRF-59 is very convenient as it gets 100 hours of battery life on one AA battery and sounds quite good.

May 2, 2012 at 8:58 AM Post #28 of 83
Quote:
There really isn't a point for me to have a good sound while exercising anyway. I mean, when you're exercising, you hardly even have time to enjoy the music fully and most of the details would probably be lost to the surroundings. So using FLAC and top-tier IEMs for exercising for me is just an overkill. And there's not to say that top-tier IEMs are THAT durable. There was once a guy who sweated into his W4 and one side started to have no sound coming from it. 

Quote:

These are some great points that I never thought about and totally agree with honestly.

Please keep the opinions/votes coming guys!

May 2, 2012 at 9:31 AM Post #30 of 83
Ive been told my life depends on my excersising, and I hate it because it takes me away from my passions of reading and creating music. Listening to grat music presented well is a consolation, to me, price is not an object. I consider the IEMs to be a medical appliance which gives me the willpower to get off my chair and get walking. My wife also performs this function when she chooses to go walking with me.

I draw a limit at yard work. This weekend trimming my hedges I opted for my metro.fi 200vs thinking that if the hedge trimmer cut trough the cable, it would be no big loss.

Two primary considerations are goog sound blocking and minuscule driver weight. When you active, the IEM drivers can bounce in you ears if they're too heavy. This is annoying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back