"Open Alpha" T50 3D printed headphone project from MrSpeakers
Oct 18, 2022 at 1:26 PM Post #871 of 979
I love the idea of threaded inserts. I am interested in your experiences with this. Specifically, what is the easiest way to insert threads?

Looking forward to updates.
Usually if you are inserting them into a 3d print, the easiest way is using a soldering iron. Stick the insert on the end of a hot iron, and melt it into the hole

You generally need a "pilot" hole and partly depends on the material. I'm a pretty big fan of threaded inserts.

Oct 19, 2022 at 1:01 AM Post #872 of 979
I love the idea of threaded inserts. I am interested in your experiences with this. Specifically, what is the easiest way to insert threads?

Looking forward to updates.
I insert mine with a soldering iron at 150c something, I get it in 90% of the way then finish it off with a flat metal object so it sits flush to the surface, I finished printing the parts yesterday and I sanded and painted them. I'll attach an image of the inserts well... inserted.

1666155611458.jpg

1666155611463.jpg

Nov 1, 2022 at 12:04 PM Post #879 of 979
Sucks that you could only find a source for the threaded inserts on aliexpress because shipping to here is slow. Ill search and see if I cant find something thatll arrive faster. Will update.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back