ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Aug 18, 2017 at 12:33 PM Post #14,838 of 16,326
Can any owner of the dx1 / dx1a help me to confirm if the output can set to mono from the android accessibility option?

Thanks!

I don't see any such option listed under the accessibility section. I also don't see a mono option in the android sound settings. Though I imagine that some of the music players in the store may have this option.

Aug 19, 2017 at 3:14 AM Post #14,840 of 16,326
I am thinking of purchasing one of these onkyo daps. How do they compare to fiio x7ii or opus 1, or even any other players in the around £500 region

Aug 20, 2017 at 10:42 AM Post #14,842 of 16,326
are these DAPs still plagued with headphone jack problems? (maybe a dumb question, but) can the problem be bypassed by adding a short 3.5mm adapter cable and only unplugging/replugging into that end?

edit: looks like DP-X1A has been improved.

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2017 at 1:43 AM Post #14,843 of 16,326
are these DAPs still plagued with headphone jack problems? (maybe a dumb question, but) can the problem be bypassed by adding a short 3.5mm adapter cable and only unplugging/replugging into that end?

edit: looks like DP-X1A has been improved.

I have the original (did not know that there was a 1A), and never had this problem. It sounds spectacular, especially through the balanced output.

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2017 at 12:26 AM Post #14,845 of 16,326
I am intressed to get the best Android Dap out there without being too expensive
Right now theres not so many Fully android Dap out there i just know about Onkyo Dp-x1 , IBasso Dx200 , Pioneer Xdp-300R, This 3 are probaly the only 3 recomended if you budget is around this prices.
of theese 3 i like Onkyo and Ibasso best. I like everything about onkyo but the headphone jack issue still worries if some shop still sell them, is the only thing that pushes me away a bit from onkyo but is still the best player i think.
I want one that dont have this issue if i buy one, As for Ibasso Dx200 i also like how it look front design and software on both.
but ibasso is more pricey than Onkyo, however i think i will be fine with either of those.
It still be a couple of months before i settle for either onkyo or Ibasso but i prefer having a Android Dap instead of android mobile since i dont make phone calls from mobile so dont carry around a mobile with me all the time.
Would you sugest Onkyo dp-x1 over Ibasso dx200?
Both players are lovely

I like to have a big wallpaper on the Dap, like it to look like a phone without a phone not need phone
only want it for a music but enjoy android when i use phone which i want to get rid of .

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2017 at 10:36 AM Post #14,846 of 16,326
I am intressed to get the best Android Dap out there without being too expensive
Right now theres not so many Fully android Dap out there i just know about Onkyo Dp-x1 , IBasso Dx200 , Pioneer Xdp-300R, This 3 are probaly the only 3 recomended if you budget is around this prices.
of theese 3 i like Onkyo and Ibasso best. I like everything about onkyo but the headphone jack issue still worries if some shop still sell them, is the only thing that pushes me away a bit from onkyo but is still the best player i think.
I want one that dont have this issue if i buy one, As for Ibasso Dx200 i also like how it look front design and software on both.
but ibasso is more pricey than Onkyo, however i think i will be fine with either of those.
It still be a couple of months before i settle for either onkyo or Ibasso but i prefer having a Android Dap instead of android mobile since i dont make phone calls from mobile so dont carry around a mobile with me all the time.
Would you sugest Onkyo dp-x1 over Ibasso dx200?
Both players are lovely

I like to have a big wallpaper on the Dap, like it to look like a phone without a phone not need phone
only want it for a music but enjoy android when i use phone which i want to get rid of .

That is dependent on which Onkyo you're getting. Although DP-X1 carries the risk of the weak connection on its 3.5mm, the DP-X1A solves most of the issues on the DP-X1. Price wise DP-X1A is still cheaper than the DX200. In this case you don't have to worry much of the X1A. More importantly is the sound you're comfortable with, between the X1A vs DX200.

Aug 23, 2017 at 1:56 PM Post #14,849 of 16,326
Well I have the X7ii and the DX200 (with AM2 Am3) and it is a close call to me. The X7ii i've had for a short time while the DP-X1 has been my primary go-to for some time.
Each of these DAPs have their own strengths and weakness (altough weakness is very subjective IMHO as they all have TOTL Dac's) I wasn't impressed with the DX200 UI, but once I dowloaded @Lurker0 firmware mod it was like night and day and has been running as smooth as butter. The DP-X1 is simple to use and I have not had any issues whatsoevr with it, although I don't think the Input conectors are very robust. The X7ii UI is simple to use also and the Soundstage is very expansive.

Aug 23, 2017 at 2:00 PM Post #14,850 of 16,326
I tried this before on this player and it was not having it well, anyone else get hard drives to work ? I know i had to use external power.
I have been using a Seagate external 1TB WiFi and it works great. I also could not connect them to OTG USB but I think it may have been the cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back