1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by t.r.a.n.c.e., Sep 11, 2015.
First

Back
982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991
993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002
Next

Last
  1. DBaldock9
    The Sony proprietary lens mount is just an updated version of the Minolta system they now own.
    Sony bought the SLR division of Konica Minolta in 2006, and thus gained the basis for their Alpha series of cameras. (Ref: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Konica_Minolta )
    Before that, Sony was already making point-n-shoot cameras.

If you want to shoot low-light 4K video, the newer Sony Alpha cameras are really amazing.
    But, you're correct in saying that there are not as many system, or 3rd party, lenses available for the Sony cameras.

2. Psycho-Prof
    Oh true! I was a Minolta user. They had some fine cameras. When Sony bought them out, I moved to Nikon system. I made a fair it of money to finance that transition selling off all my Minolta gear. That 5d was a fine fine camera at the time!

3. DBaldock9
    Talking about proprietary connections - I'm not sure whether Sony has the patent on the 4.4mm 5-Pole connector, or not - but the connectors are available for others to purchase and use.
    It does have the advantage of being stronger than the 2.5mm 4-Pole, and also providing (L+), (L-), (R+), (R-), and (GND) connections.

Getting back on subject - if the DP-X1 had been built with proprietary connectors, I'm not sure I would have bought it.
    I'm glad Onkyo used current standard connections, because I really enjoy owning / listening to this DAP.

Psycho-Prof likes this.
  4. cj3209
    Exactly my point.

Psycho-Prof likes this.
  5. JeffShoots
    Just bought a Onkyo DP-X1A on Amazon. I think it's a Japanese model looking at the seller "Happy Best Shop"?

Just wanted to know of any limits for the memory card? Will a 256GB card work or limited to 200GB per slot? And is speed a problem? Does it need class 10 memory …90MB per second?

Psycho-Prof likes this.
  6. richardxq
    I really like the design of DP-X1
    but I have heard ONKYO's headphones, they are a little bit over price.

7. cj3209
    I think you should look at other headphones such as IEMs which work really well with the DP-X1.

8. Psycho-Prof
    Love my Shure SE846. I have tried others and they just don't give me as much joy (sound, fit, and durability), which in the end is what I am after. I have stopped sampling new IEMs.

That said either my balanced cable is failing or the jack is, as I am starting to get drop-out unless I hold my head high (odd, I know). I don't have another balanced cable to test the options... Anyone know of a relatively cheap balanced cable option that I could buy to test whether it is my cable or the jack?

Last edited: Aug 30, 2017
  9. wormcycle
    That one option is:
    https://www.massdrop.com/buy/venture-electronics-headphone-cables
    OR more expensive
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072KF8M1Y/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    I am using that one with SE535 and DP-X1. So far pretty good

Psycho-Prof likes this.
  10. Psycho-Prof
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2017
  11. snafu1
    I'm using the FiiO balanced cable for the Shure SE846. I think they were $30?

Psycho-Prof likes this.
  12. Psycho-Prof
    Thanks much! I ordered the cheap cable referenced earlier to see if my cable is bad, or if the jack is bad. Depending on my result, I will either be in the market for a new cable or a DAP repair!

13. phiemon
    Hi,

I need a mp3 player for my work as fitness trainer and I wonder if this mp3 player with Android can start Cross DJ (Free).

Please, can anyone try this?

Thank you and have a nice day

14. Flynt
    It works just fine on the Dp-X1.
    If you look for something cheaper... all you need is Android 4.1+, 1G RAM and a Display with more than 4"

15. guliver
    The new version of hibymusic came out yesterday with a bunch of new features new design layout and most of the bugs ironed also very good for dnla playing

First

Back
982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991
993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002
Next

Last