ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Mar 25, 2017 at 1:51 PM Post #14,162 of 16,326
  DP-X1 is so awesome as transport for Mojo that I started calling it Poly. True story!

Are you using it with the default music app? Does it provide bit perfect audio output to Mojo?

Anybody tried with 3rd party music apps in USB OTG mode with Mojo and how was the sound quality? Better, no difference or worse?

Thanks!!

Mar 25, 2017 at 2:04 PM Post #14,163 of 16,326
I use my Pioneer as transport for Vantam CML - I can confirm that it is awesome (better than optical output of AK players).

And yes, I stream Tidal to Vantam the same way, just do not allow Music app to recognize Vantam by ignoring the pop-up message appeared on the screen.

Mar 25, 2017 at 5:58 PM Post #14,164 of 16,326
I did have the 2002 with the x1, a gorgeous pairing!
No sibilance or anything.

If you mail dunu in CN they send you a 2,5mm TRRS cable for round about 130 dollar. Pure copper and very good quality!

I have the same gorgeous pairing: 2002+X1 a wonderful sound quality boosted by the dunu balanced cable!! Recommended for all.. :)

Mar 26, 2017 at 8:21 AM Post #14,166 of 16,326
Had the same issue and got my DP-X1 replaced by Onkyo! :) 

That's going to be a little tough, since I purchased my DP-X1 when I was in Japan last year.

In any case, if I approach the local Onkyo distributor (if any), I might be charged some hefty fees for repair.

Mar 26, 2017 at 11:20 AM Post #14,167 of 16,326
Hi. I have 2 problems with this fantastic player. Maybe I'll find some help on this topic:

- When connected to my PC, not all the orders of the Player appear on my PC ! (Maybe just 20%)
- Impossible to transfer any file with the Onkyo software X-DAP Llink.

What can I do?

Thanks for every help you'll have to offer.

Daniel

Mar 26, 2017 at 12:46 PM Post #14,168 of 16,326
Hi. I have 2 problems with this fantastic player. Maybe I'll find some help on this topic:

- When connected to my PC, not all the orders of the Player appear on my PC ! (Maybe just 20%)
- Impossible to transfer any file with the Onkyo software X-DAP Llink.

What can I do?

Thanks for every help you'll have to offer.

Daniel

Maybe try updating the USB driver for MTP access.
Here's a short & simple video I found, that shows the steps -

Mar 26, 2017 at 12:49 PM Post #14,169 of 16,326
Just received mine few hours ago and I was totally blown away by the SQ after switching the output mode to High Gain
eek.gif
, a significant improvement over the dpx1

Mar 26, 2017 at 2:29 PM Post #14,171 of 16,326
  12) Shut down the device.  Boot the device into recovery mode by holding down PWR and Rewind simultaneously buttons. (you should see the penguin logo)

I'd recommend going through the documentation again step by step and very carefully.

i notice when the device is in recovery it does NOT show up in list of devices at all, but if its in bootloader mode it does so i dont know whats going on

Mar 26, 2017 at 2:29 PM Post #14,172 of 16,326

​Great to hear!  Do you have the X1A, or a newer X1?  I still have an original Japan version that I love.

Onkyo has actually called the newest (current) model the DP-X1A.
The older version is the DP-X1, or I've seen people refer to it as the DP-X1B.

Mar 27, 2017 at 2:10 AM Post #14,173 of 16,326
Hey guys,

My dad just got a DP-X1A during a trip to japan. I was just trying to load some files on it and in general set it up, but the UI is making no sense so far. I've got a large portion of my library in iTunes in ALAC, with other files in FLAC. Right now I'm using the Onkyo X-dap Link software, which is putting my iTunes Library in one folder within the xdaplink folder sorted by artist>album, with a second folder onkyo music with my few flac albums just sorted by song.

Also all songs have the track number in the file name, even though they're already sorted by track.

Is there any way to load music on this thing that's even somewhat sortable and comprehensive (i.e. Apple music app)? From searching so far, there appears to be a firmware that can be flashed on but i'd like to avoid that for the time being.

thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back