ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Dec 7, 2016 at 12:55 PM Post #12,451 of 16,328
  poor quality..the female port is kind of "loose" ...

A perfect match for the DP-X1 then 
tongue.gif

Dec 7, 2016 at 1:36 PM Post #12,453 of 16,328
Dec 7, 2016 at 7:51 PM Post #12,454 of 16,328
Don't know about you, but I have found that the recent firmware bring significant sound quality improvements and, ever more obvious, an output power increase, especially on the balance port. Pairing with PM-3 is simply fantastic now. 
Playing Tidal off SD card still has some glitches every now and then but I can live with that. Still exploring to find out what else in new after the upgrade.

Dec 7, 2016 at 7:59 PM Post #12,455 of 16,328
  Don't know about you, but I have found that the recent firmware bring significant sound quality improvements and, ever more obvious, an output power increase, especially on the balance port. Pairing with PM-3 is simply fantastic now. 
Playing Tidal off SD card still has some glitches every now and then but I can live with that. Still exploring to find out what else in new after the upgrade.

Second that on SQ improvement, Using my Heir 10.0 in Low 2 gets me the cleanest sound ever

Dec 8, 2016 at 2:58 AM Post #12,456 of 16,328

Thanks. That's also my feeling when I was listening to Fleetwood Mac Rumours album, this morning.

Dec 8, 2016 at 4:18 AM Post #12,459 of 16,328
sensible sound quality improvements also with my iBasso IT-03 in balanced output......really amazing.

Dec 8, 2016 at 5:32 AM Post #12,461 of 16,328

I'm amazed that there has been a huge difference in sound quality (whatever that means) with the following updates:

1. Enhanced Android system security.
2. Enhanced read SD card stability.
3. Enhanced the LCD panel brightness adjustment.
4. Added the new item in “Gain setting”.

Who knew that Android security patches could have such an obvious effect on the way the devices produces audio.

Dec 8, 2016 at 6:43 AM Post #12,463 of 16,328

I'm amazed that there has been a huge difference in sound quality (whatever that means) with the following updates:

Who knew that Android security patches could have such an obvious effect on the way the devices produces audio.

Well, the whole mistery might be explained by #4. Some 7% power increase according to my guestimate and that could easily explain perceived sound quality improvements.

Dec 8, 2016 at 8:52 AM Post #12,464 of 16,328

Well, I would say at least, sound quality isn't decreased.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back