ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Oct 2, 2016 at 12:36 PM Post #11,566 of 16,326
I need to hear them all back to back. We lowered the 100r price and 300r is due next week.glad in a way as prefer Pioneer ui.

Will you be able to listen to both the DP-X1 and the DP-X1A? If so, could you give us a very brief feedback if you hear a noteworthy difference in terms of SQ between them? Just a very brief statement would already be helpful. The X1A is about 290$ more expensive than the X1 when I order it from Japan, and I am starting to ask myself if it's worth the price difference since I will be using it with IEMs.

Oct 2, 2016 at 3:24 PM Post #11,567 of 16,326
can anybody with some technical know-how tell me if this Westone cable would work with the onkyo DP-X1/DP-X1A?

https://www.westone.com/store/music/index.php/ultra-thin-balanced-cable-1.html

it states that it is exclusively compatible with the AK100II, AK120II and AK240, but from what I have gathered so far the DP-X1 uses the same 1/16" 4 pole jack for balanced out that the AK players use. It also says that "the 2.5mm TRRS connector is specifically designed to support Astell & Kern audio players with a low impedance of 1.5Ω", would that connector work with the 1 ohm balanced output impedance of the DP-X1?
Sorry I am a complete noob when it comes to stuff like this and I dont wanna be spending 200 bucks + shipping on a cable I wont be able to use when it arrives haha.

btw I know there are alternatives to the westone balanced cable mentioned above and I have looked into them, but considering all factors (price, sq, having to guide the cable around the ears, time for custom cables to be manufactured, etc.) I think the balanced cable from Westone would suit my needs if I could use it with the DP-X1, even if it may be a bit overpriced to some.

Oct 2, 2016 at 3:32 PM Post #11,569 of 16,326
I need to hear them all back to back. We lowered the 100r price and 300r is due next week.glad in a way as prefer Pioneer ui.

I was following this thread constantly, then dropped off due to busyness with work. Came back on to find out about the upcoming DP-X1A.
Delighted personally, as I hadn't ordered the original and this seems to hopefully correct the main issues that concerned me about the DP-X1!
Do you have any idea when the DP-X1A will be available in the UK?
I met you guys before at CanJam, much respect! It would be great to hear your impressions, especially of the player I'm asking about
beyersmile.png

Oct 2, 2016 at 3:44 PM Post #11,570 of 16,326
Yep, that will work perfectly.

it's amazing, I contacted Westone about this and mentioned this cable and my situation and they didn't mention that it might work with anything but the AK Players.. all they did was tell me about their new bluetooth cable. I had a hunch it might work but you just confirmed this for me, thank you very much.

Oct 2, 2016 at 8:02 PM Post #11,572 of 16,326
Hey you guys,

Check out my review of the DP-X1 here if you're interested:

http://thecluelessaudiophile.com/the-onkyo-dp-x1-digital-audio-player-a-review/

FWIW no financial disclosures, just unmitigated fun.

Nice review!  I would have appreciated a comparison of sound quality to other DAP's that you have listened to but it was a good review.

Oct 3, 2016 at 4:57 AM Post #11,573 of 16,326
Hi all 
Ive been searching through the posts to find out how to try downgrade or upgrade firmware.
Basicly my player keeps freezing up and restarting and I'm trying to find out why...sometimes when it restarts it starts optimizing apps which can take about 15 mins! 
Current firmware is 
0.1.30.8 20160322
Anyone know if this is the latest ?

I've done a full factory reset via recovery boot screen.no luck. Player has not crashed writing this post (no music playing) 

Oct 3, 2016 at 6:36 AM Post #11,575 of 16,326
Hi all 
Ive been searching through the posts to find out how to try downgrade or upgrade firmware.
Basicly my player keeps freezing up and restarting and I'm trying to find out why...sometimes when it restarts it starts optimizing apps which can take about 15 mins! 
Current firmware is 
0.1.30.8 20160322
Anyone know if this is the latest ?

I've done a full factory reset via recovery boot screen.no luck. Player has not crashed writing this post (no music playing) 

Try

turn off each app's notifications
Disable some apps
Specially any system mod apps

Oct 3, 2016 at 9:17 AM Post #11,576 of 16,326
Whilst in the music app,you will see a plus (+) sign next to the album cover photo, by pressing on it you will be able to add the song to whatever playlist you like or create a new one.

wth, i dont have that "+" sign besides the album art.. I cant also add new tracks in the Playlist (i can only do multiple Playlist folders but i cant add additional tracks!!)

help! :joy:

Oct 3, 2016 at 4:21 PM Post #11,579 of 16,326

The jacks on DP-X1A

well they definitively look better than on the DP-X1 haha.. I'm still uncertain if I should order the X1 or the X1A, I just contacted Zenmarket asking them to contact the dealer biccamera in Japan if they are selling a newer batch of X1 where the Jacks have been fixed/improved, but I wouldnt be surprised if they would not be able to tell me for whatever reason.. might just have to try to contact the dealer directly via E-Mail in english and hope for a response.

Oct 3, 2016 at 4:58 PM Post #11,580 of 16,326
where can we order dp-x1a?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back