ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Sep 30, 2016 at 4:00 AM Post #11,536 of 16,326
I don't k ow if the jack issue was necessarily (or at least unquestionable) fixed with a "second batch". My brother had a supposed "second batch" and his 2.5mm jack was off center and eventually developed a little bit of play. It did co time to work til the day he sold it a few days later. I had one if the I ritual runs from a reseller in Japan. My jack was off center but never become loose. I did sell it however a little while ago. I baby my equipment and he's a little rough with his, don't know if that played a part.

And the distortion with streaming apps was consistent with both of our players.

Onkyo would have to tow back a long way from all these problems to get me on board.

Oct 1, 2016 at 12:53 AM Post #11,540 of 16,326
dp-x1 = ak240
smily_headphones1.gif

this article failed badly the moment i realized how he wrote about SQ. Having owned and compared both of them, I really think he should quit writing reviews on dap. 

Oct 1, 2016 at 4:25 AM Post #11,541 of 16,326
Pioneer XDP-300R  and DP-X1A ONKYO anounced !

Pioneer and Onkyo new Daps are now on the Market:

http://www.e-earphone.jp/blog/?p=26339

Pioneer XDP - 300R - S Silver and B Black
Price:
¥ 75.380 Yen

Onkyo DP X1A
Price:
¥ 86.180 Yen

Pioneer XDP-300R information:
Introducing the XDP-300R from Pioneer. Packed with technology, this portable player will ensure you are listening to music in its most faithful form. No more lossy, compressed files giving you inferior quality, this unit will deliver true Hi-Res audio upto 384kHz/24bit. The XDP-300R supports balanced output and the revolutionary MQA technology from Meridian, which gives you master quality audio in a form that’s small enough to download or stream. The XDP-300R features audiophile components from ESS Technology including a SABRE32 DAC and SABRESOUND headphone amplifier. With 32Gb on-board storage, expandable upto 288Gb (via SDXC) there is huge capacity to store your Hi-Res tracks. Onkyo music is fully integrated allowing you to directly download Hi-Res music from one of the world’s largest collections without the need for a PC. In addition to the rigid aluminium body, the top and bottom has no bumpers like its little sister the XDP-100R and also loses the bottom speaker. It does gain a copper coloured volume control, ACG and BTL over the XDP-100R.
As the XDP-300R runs on the Android operating system, the Google Play store is available giving you access to a number of music streaming services such as Spotify, Deezer, Tidal and more.

Oct 1, 2016 at 5:18 AM Post #11,543 of 16,326
Any info on the onkyo?

Oct 1, 2016 at 11:09 AM Post #11,544 of 16,326
  Pioneer XDP-300R  and DP-X1A ONKYO anounced !

Pioneer and Onkyo new Daps are now on the Market:

http://www.e-earphone.jp/blog/?p=26339

Pioneer XDP - 300R - S Silver and B Black
Price:
¥ 75.380 Yen

Onkyo DP X1A
Price:
¥ 86.180 Yen

Pioneer XDP-300R information:
Introducing the XDP-300R from Pioneer. Packed with technology, this portable player will ensure you are listening to music in its most faithful form. No more lossy, compressed files giving you inferior quality, this unit will deliver true Hi-Res audio upto 384kHz/24bit. The XDP-300R supports balanced output and the revolutionary MQA technology from Meridian, which gives you master quality audio in a form that’s small enough to download or stream. The XDP-300R features audiophile components from ESS Technology including a SABRE32 DAC and SABRESOUND headphone amplifier. With 32Gb on-board storage, expandable upto 288Gb (via SDXC) there is huge capacity to store your Hi-Res tracks. Onkyo music is fully integrated allowing you to directly download Hi-Res music from one of the world’s largest collections without the need for a PC. In addition to the rigid aluminium body, the top and bottom has no bumpers like its little sister the XDP-100R and also loses the bottom speaker. It does gain a copper coloured volume control, ACG and BTL over the XDP-100R.
As the XDP-300R runs on the Android operating system, the Google Play store is available giving you access to a number of music streaming services such as Spotify, Deezer, Tidal and more.

just found out about zenmarket.jp and will most likely order a DP-X1A from Japan, was gonna wait for the DX200, but after reading more into the DP-X1 I came to the conclusion that I probably cant go (completely) wrong with the updated DP-X1.

Oct 1, 2016 at 11:36 AM Post #11,545 of 16,326

just found out about zenmarket.jp and will most likely order a DP-X1A from Japan, was gonna wait for the DX200, but after reading more into the DP-X1 I came to the conclusion that I probably cant go (completely) wrong with the updated DP-X1.

I think you'll be happy with it. I've had mine for about 5 months and have no issues with battery the jack is not as tight as it was new but no disconnection issues. I have Tidal HIFI and it sounds great there are some issues where it cuts out for a split second, which is rare but, it does not bother me. Otherwise, its an awesome device.

Oct 1, 2016 at 1:05 PM Post #11,546 of 16,326

You certainly can't go completely wrong, and I enjoy my first gen unit every day. The bugs do annoy me however, and the complete lack of interest and response from Onkyo annoys me even more.

In your position I would wait to see what the DX200 brings. I know how painful waiting is but iBasso do seem to be taking their time to get things right and they have stated that it'll be released this year, so realistically that must mean within the next two months.

It's your decision whether you can endure that additional pain 
smile.gif

Oct 1, 2016 at 1:16 PM Post #11,547 of 16,326

You certainly can't go completely wrong, and I enjoy my first gen unit every day. The bugs do annoy me however, and the complete lack of interest and response from Onkyo annoys me even more.

In your position I would wait to see what the DX200 brings. I know how painful waiting is but iBasso do seem to be taking their time to get things right and they have stated that it'll be released this year, so realistically that must mean within the next two months.

It's your decision whether you can endure that additional pain 
smile.gif

you make a good point with the DX200.. but I thought about it, and until the DX200 has been reviewed, it's initial bugs ironed out via firmware updates and it's potential and properties discussed here on the forums, about 4-6 months will have passed, and if by that point I am unhappy with my Onkyo I will sell it and go for the DX200, loosing 200 or 300 bucks on that deal wouldn't hurt me too much, and I am expecting that the updated DP-X1 will probably be to my liking : )

Oct 1, 2016 at 1:22 PM Post #11,548 of 16,326
  you make a good point with the DX200.. but I thought about it, and until the DX200 has been reviewed, it's initial bugs ironed out via firmware updates and it's potential and properties discussed here on the forums, about 4-6 months will have passed, and if by that point I am unhappy with my Onkyo I will sell it and go for the DX200, loosing 200 or 300 bucks on that deal wouldn't hurt me too much, and I am expecting that the updated DP-X1 will probably be to my liking : )

I can see your logic.

It's a feature of forums in general that the first buyers gloss over any negatives so it does take a few months for the bad points to emerge. Given my experience with the Onkyo I will be watching the DX200 thread for some time before deciding if that's the next step for me.

Oct 1, 2016 at 3:23 PM Post #11,549 of 16,326
DP-X1A: "expandable upto 288Gb (via SDXC) there is huge capacity to store your Hi-Res tracks." Why ditch the 2nd MicrSD slot, why?!

Oct 1, 2016 at 3:29 PM Post #11,550 of 16,326
  DP-X1A: "expandable upto 288Gb (via SDXC) there is huge capacity to store your Hi-Res tracks." Why ditch the 2nd MicrSD slot, why?!

that's the information for the Pioneer XDP-300R not the DP-X1A, the later still features 2 microsd slots, I have just been looking at the product specification page before you posted this

Users who are viewing this thread

Back