ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Sep 26, 2016 at 8:35 PM Post #11,506 of 16,326
Just gotten my second hand four month old dpx1. So far, I must say it sounds pretty good (even with my ve monks which I'm using as my daily driver until my nobleb4 comes in). That said, I already knew this while getting it but, isn't the 3.5mm jack kind of loose compared to everything else? It's not that it's disconnecting or anything just that it just takes considerably less force to pull jacks out compared to other devices. Just would like a confirmation here that its a common thing.
mine had a perfectly good grip at first. Then it started losing it overtime. First with angled plugs and now even with straight ones. Hope your 2.5mm works great.
My 3.5mm now gets interrupted/paused by any minute movement of the cable through the plug

Sep 26, 2016 at 9:55 PM Post #11,507 of 16,326
No you do not want to be converting your balanced output to single ended. It could potentially damage your player as you are essentially shorting the l and R negative connections to a common ground with this connector.

Thanx for the ans.but in onkyo japan website specifically says in AGC mode which they specially developed for dpx1 fixes the ground to 0 volt. So if there is no fluctuations in cold side of balance output, whats the problem using balance to unbalance?? All the site and post i read its about traditional balance output in which it says 2 pole of balance output have atlest a voltage difference which drive the headphone drive.but in case of AGC mode in onkyo its not true

Sep 26, 2016 at 10:41 PM Post #11,508 of 16,326
Thanx for the ans.but in onkyo japan website specifically says in AGC mode which they specially developed for dpx1 fixes the ground to 0 volt. So if there is no fluctuations in cold side of balance output, whats the problem using balance to unbalance?? All the site and post i read its about traditional balance output in which it says 2 pole of balance output have atlest a voltage difference which drive the headphone drive.but in case of AGC mode in onkyo its not true

Good question. I'm afraid my knowledge of the technical intricacies of AGC is limited. What are you hoping to achieve running ABC into a single ended connection?

Sep 27, 2016 at 12:19 AM Post #11,509 of 16,326
Hi all
Really love this player but im having problem where the player is crashing
frown.gif
i can leavr it on all night and not touch it and it plays the whole night yet when using it during the day. Sometimes i turn the screen on and it crashes and reboots other times it rotates and crashes other times im just browsing and it crashes. Its kinda annoying having to wait for it to reboot to play the rest of album.

Any ideas ?

Maybe it is the particular songs that crash it. 

Sep 27, 2016 at 12:23 AM Post #11,510 of 16,326
Just wanna hear some of your opinions - would anyone who already own a perfectly fine DP-X1 get the DP-X1A? Aren't they already going to release the DP-X11 and its smaller variant next year? And the DP-X1A is just a revised DP-X1... I would rather save and wait for the DP-X11 or the smaller variant next year. What do you guys think? Just my two cents.

Yes and no.  Yes the dp-x1a is a modified (better) dp-x1 .  No the DP-X11 should be below in SQ than dp-x1a.  So dp-x1a will be the flagship of Onkyo DAP.

Sep 27, 2016 at 12:26 AM Post #11,511 of 16,326

I'm tempted too. It does seem like the majority of development went into the amp section. I have to say the larger Nippon caps and the Vishay resistors are pretty choice. Even though it's an incremental upgrade of the same basic design, it looks like they really targeted the right areas with the right components. It almost feels like the R&D team was told, "Okay now that we know there is a market for it, make the DPX1 the way you would like without having to cut the corners so much."

I haven't heard it either, but from the specs, I'd expect even if your choice of phones is being driven well, you are going to hear a significant upgrade in SQ. 

If there were no other upcoming models I would probably upgrade. As it is I'm going to wait and see what the full line up is going to loo like next year. 

Another upgrade is x1a has 4 level of amp gain, x1 now has only 3 level of amp gain.  Not sure it is a software thing or the amp is actually newer.

Sep 27, 2016 at 11:28 AM Post #11,512 of 16,326
I have thoroughly tagged my music using MP3Tag.  In the X-Dap software my music doesn't show up with proper tags.  Why?  WIll this make music not show up the way I tagged it on the DP-X1?  Would I be better of transferring music directly to the micro sd cards by connecting my DP-X1 to the computer and drag and drop the music?  SHould I just avoid the X Dap software?  I find it very unusable.

Sep 27, 2016 at 11:34 AM Post #11,513 of 16,326
  I have thoroughly tagged my music using MP3Tag.  In the X-Dap software my music doesn't show up with proper tags.  Why?  WIll this make music not show up the way I tagged it on the DP-X1?  Would I be better of transferring music directly to the micro sd cards by connecting my DP-X1 to the computer and drag and drop the music?  SHould I just avoid the X Dap software?  I find it very unusable.

Did you get the dp-x1?

Sep 27, 2016 at 7:07 PM Post #11,515 of 16,326
I do exactly just that - connect the dp-x1 to my computer and use it as a drive and open each folder and drag and drop files in ... the n I create the playlist on the dp-x1 which is slow but usuable unless you have 10000 songs

Sep 28, 2016 at 7:46 PM Post #11,520 of 16,326
Alternatively when you are in the 'Library ' view where you see categories such as Artist, Songs, etc - you can touch the three dots at the end of the song which will also allow you to add artist,album or song to a playlist depending on which view you are looking at.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back