ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Sep 25, 2016 at 9:30 PM Post #11,478 of 16,326
When playing 32-bit files in default app, it convert them to 24-bit.
Does USB Audio Player Pro plays 32-bit files directly?

Sep 25, 2016 at 10:15 PM Post #11,479 of 16,326
Just gotten my second hand four month old dpx1. So far, I must say it sounds pretty good (even with my ve monks which I'm using as my daily driver until my nobleb4 comes in). That said, I already knew this while getting it but, isn't the 3.5mm jack kind of loose compared to everything else? It's not that it's disconnecting or anything just that it just takes considerably less force to pull jacks out compared to other devices. Just would like a confirmation here that its a common thing.

Sep 26, 2016 at 1:31 AM Post #11,481 of 16,326
I tried to translate to English the press release of DP-X1A:
http://www.jp.onkyo.com/news/newproducts/audio/dp_x1a/DP-X1A.pdf

Google Translate was my helper and I hope it is readable.
Some parts are really technical and beyond my understanding.

(Page 1)

Introduction
Equipped with two groups of DAC and full balanced circuit design. Adopted a large capacity audio-grade capacitor,
focusing on the details of audio components to achieve the highest level of audio quality design of the
newly released portable digital audio player DP-X1A.
Corresponding to high resolution sound reproduction such as DSD11.2MHz and up to 384KHz/24bit FLAC, WAV.

Product NameModelSuggested Retail Price (Excluding Tax)Release Date
Digital Audio PlayerDP-X1AOpenEarly Oct

[paragraphs of text skipped]

(Page 2)

[paragraphs of text skipped]

Main Features of DP-X1A
> After refining on its prototype assembled with the latest technology, every sound source can be reproduced to its highest quality
To achieve high resolution sound performance of maximum DSD11.2MHz and 384KHz/24bit, every design detail from technical knowledge, parts to circuit board layout was implemented meticulously.
  1. For audio circuits, the well-established ESS SABRE DAC "ES9018K2M" is used. For the amplifier section, signal is smoothly transmitted from the DAC to SABRE "9601K". With two each, S/N is good and clear to achieve a wide-spreading sound.
  2. In addition to the usual BTL balance drive, Active Control GND drive is also possible. The two DACs' output of L-GND/R-GND is fed to the COLD side amplifier where it is firmly fixed to "0V". Fluctuations are thoroughly eliminated to produce a clear and powerful sound with good soundstage and depth.
  3. The Android CPU board and Audio (DAC/amplifier) board are separated to eliminate the influence of digital noise to audio circuitry. "Circuit Board Separation Structure" is adopted.
  4. In each device block, a responsive and excellent local power supply is placed specially for closed loop circuit current. This suppresses the interference between each operating device block and prevents noise from being mixed into the audio signal.
    1. In the DAC's local power supply, a customized product of highly reviewed audio grade "Conductive Polymer Large-Capacity Capacitor Nippon Chemi-Con Ltd. 'MELODIO' Series" is mounted.
      1. This stabilizes the power supply by about three times when compared to conventional methods.
      2. In the mounting of low ESR, ESL, by instantaneously reducing noise from fluctuations, current supply ability is increased.
      3. By adopting a special lead cable, noise is absorbed excellently thus corresponding to the digitization and high frequency waves of electronic devices.
      4. This adapts to tough and harsh environments via excellent temperature characteristics.
    2. Each audio IC is independent using ultra low noise LDO to thoroughly eliminate noise.
    3. In the output stage, both unbalanced and balanced signal uses Vishay Ltd.'s thin film chip resistors which are reputed in the audio industry.
  5. For smoother transmission of audio signal, a low impedance circuit board is used, realized by highly optimized circuit pattern width.
  6. To prevent noise from mixing with the audio signal, the switching power supply is placed away from the analog circuit of the headphone jack as much as possible.
  7. In the function block of each device, a local power supply is placed to achieve independence and excellent response. To suppress the interference between operating blocks, wiring pattern tuning is conducted in microns. Ground potential fluctuations are suppressed to the utmost limit. All these prevent noise from being mixed with the audio signal.
  8. To provide an easy operable experience with high performance processing power, Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 is used which goes beyond the range of current digital audio players.

(Page 3)

> High quality output terminals and wireless capability create versatile connectivity
  1. With balanced output which produces high quality audio and Micro USB/OTG digital output, various headphones and peripheral equipment are supported.
    1. Enjoy high resolution sound produced by excellent separation from the 2.5mm 4 pole balanced headphone jack (BTL Balance Mode/Active Control GND Mode/Line Out Mode are provided).
    2. The 3.5mm 3 pole headphone jack is used in Line Out Mode.
    3. The Micro USB/OTG corresponds to digital output. DSD native 11.2MHz (DoP/Direct Transfer) and PCM 384KHz/24bit output are supported.
  2. Even in wireless playback, high quality audio is realized.
    1. With Bluetooth aptX, high quality sound reproduction is possible.
    2. With Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi Direct and Bluetooth enabled tethering connections on the go, real time streaming services can be used.

> Enjoy a variety of apps from Google Play
By accessing Google Play, music, video streaming, games, apps etc. can be downloaded or installed. This allows the DP-X1A to evolve into a multi-entertainment player.
> "MQA" audio playback
> Up to maximum 464GB space via scalable "triple storage design" (internal storage: 64GB + microSD slot x 2)
> Using a dedicated downloader, purchased songs can be downloaded from high resolution music distribution website "e-onkyo music" directly onto the DP-X1A without using a PC
> Install a music distribution app "AWA" (recommended) to immediately enjoy music
> A variety of six sound arrangement settings can be adjusted to suit your needs (Lock Range Adjust, Digital Filter, Up-Sampling, Real Time DSD Conversion, High Precision EQ and Featured EQ)
> 4.7 inch large screen touch panel is used to mimic smartphone usage
> Onkyo original flick operation to play songs, previous song, circle progress bar etc. are intuitive controls
> "Full Size Album Art Mode" can be selected to display in full color album jackets

(Page 4)

> Songs' sorting order can be customized (show/hide tab edit, order, priority can be changed)
> Easily create new additional playlists
> Switch between displaying dark or light album art
> Be able to operate without looking at the screen by using the side physical buttons (On-Off/Play/Forward/Previous)
> Free app "X-DAP Link" can transfer songs from Mac or Windows PC to DP-X1A easily
> Fine volume adjustment is possible via the 161 step volume knob
> Volume knob lock can be set to On or Off when screen is turned off
> Gain settings provide a wide adjustment width for custom IEMs, delicate earphones or headphones (Low2/Low1/Normal/High)
> Aluminium housing is used to provide high rigidity
> Optional case "DPA-PUX1" and screen protective glass "DPA-GL033" are available for sale

(Page 5)

Main Specifications of DP-X1A