ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Sep 6, 2016 at 2:02 PM Post #11,221 of 16,326
  Bingo, while sound quality is EXTREMELY important to all of us, the best sound quality if it has a compromised UI or functionality looses a great deal as compared with a device that may be somewhat (and subjectively at that) less sonically capable but far easier to use. As you know, all devices have to make compromises so that balance between price, sound quality and usability is a tough one to get just right and the DP-X1 for a first go by ONKYO was a really strong effort. Now we need to see what comes with the X2. I'm sure the jacks will be fixed and it would be nice to have a little more power both SE and balanced for one thing.

Hope they do something about the damned battery. Worst I've ever seen on a DAP.

Sep 6, 2016 at 9:42 PM Post #11,222 of 16,326
Nothing beat New Walkman, totally all out audio, Walkman OS, native DSD from Sony itself and 250mW per channel in balanced

However, it is excellent to have Onkyo doing a different approach. We don't know which will end up winning, but certainly an all out device like Onkyo is doing is more practical anyways

Walkman Gold 3000usd can't even stream Tidal.

Am I missing something?

Sep 7, 2016 at 1:12 AM Post #11,223 of 16,326
Walkman Gold 3000usd can't even stream Tidal.

Am I missing something?

Nope, it's not surprising. For alot of people especially me, I don't even care or use dap for streaming as already having massive library. I can see it benefits alot more for audio hardware without wifi 

Sep 7, 2016 at 2:41 AM Post #11,224 of 16,326
Help needed...

I just trying to root my DP-X1 using kingroot but my DP-X1 unable to boot up after root, suck at the "yellow triangle" logo now... I tried to enter recovery mode and perform factory reset with no luck. Any member here have experience to fix this problem? Any chance that there is way to flash the official ROM with bootloader or tools just like on other Android mobile phones? 

Thanks a lot. 

Sep 7, 2016 at 7:31 AM Post #11,225 of 16,326
Help needed...

I just trying to root my DP-X1 using kingroot but my DP-X1 unable to boot up after root, suck at the "yellow triangle" logo now... I tried to enter recovery mode and perform factory reset with no luck. Any member here have experience to fix this problem? Any chance that there is way to flash the official ROM with bootloader or tools just like on other Android mobile phones? 

Thanks a lot. 

Try to unlock bootloader and flash recovery(twrp). Described on earlier pages.
for example here http://www.head-fi.org/t/780642/onkyo-dp-x1-dual-sabre-dacs-balanced-sabre-btl-amp-mqa-dsd-256-android-5/11130#post_12834357

Then i will share backup for dp-x1 to use with twrp.
it is hard to share such big data without knowing if it is going to be useful or not.

Sep 7, 2016 at 8:05 AM Post #11,226 of 16,326
Try to unlock bootloader and flash recovery(twrp). Described on earlier pages.
for example here http://www.head-fi.org/t/780642/onkyo-dp-x1-dual-sabre-dacs-balanced-sabre-btl-amp-mqa-dsd-256-android-5/11130#post_12834357

Then i will share backup for dp-x1 to use with twrp.
it is hard to share such big data without knowing if it is going to be useful or not.

Thanks for information! 
Let me try and update later. 

UPDATE:
I am able to enter TWRP now, could you please send me the ROM? Or do you think I can fix it by using terminal under TWRP? Thanks!

Sep 7, 2016 at 2:42 PM Post #11,227 of 16,326
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9WN-DrZ4uGTclZvNG9BSVNpQUk/view?usp=sharing
boot+system

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9WN-DrZ4uGTVWlNZlpxcXRueUU/view?usp=sharing
recovery

what you need to do:
do some backup with twrp by yourself (keep backup of original boot+system somewhere on your pc)
check after doing backup that folder TWRP/BACKUPS/-YOUR-SERIAL-NUMBER-/ exist (connection to pc) on internal storage.
unpack folders from archive you want to recover from to that folder.
restore that backup you just copied to your internal storage.
wipe data/cache/internal storage to be on the safe side.
reboot.

Sep 8, 2016 at 11:10 AM Post #11,229 of 16,326
Extremely bummed :frowning2:  Bought a DP-X1 from an authorized US distributer on Amazon (World Wide Stereo) and not only are both jacks extremely loose (I inquired before purchasing if this was from a later batch, and they said they received them in August, so it should be), but I also received a European version, not US.  I am returning.

Sep 8, 2016 at 11:47 AM Post #11,230 of 16,326

So I just read a German news article, it's official now huh? Why would you do that Onkyo? At the very least make a DP-X2.

Sep 8, 2016 at 12:06 PM Post #11,232 of 16,326
i just found out variable line out mode.

what _exactly_ does it do?
it is lineout with volume control?
or it is normal output mode without passing built'in amplifer just for bypassing EU cap limit?

Sep 8, 2016 at 12:09 PM Post #11,233 of 16,326
  i just found out variable line out mode.

what _exactly_ does it do?
it is lineout with volume control?
or it is normal output mode without passing built'in amplifer just for bypassing EU cap limit?

it is normal output mode without passing built'in amplifer just for bypassing EU cap limit

Sep 8, 2016 at 12:13 PM Post #11,234 of 16,326

So I just read a German news article, it's official now huh? Why would you do that Onkyo? At the very least make a DP-X2.

To my best guess. DP-X1 will continue to lead as the most Hi-Fi DAP in Onkyo. While the DP-X11 (the phone) will be in another market for DAP+phone users.

For a smaller format, there will be a mini X1 which use Linux instead of Android. I think it is vs the AK70 for the market.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back