ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Sep 1, 2016 at 7:08 AM Post #11,087 of 16,326
Nice catch, was checking the tech blogs on IFA 2016 but couldn't find any DAP related news yet.

Sep 1, 2016 at 7:22 AM Post #11,088 of 16,326
Appears that only the smaller version has 2 microsd slots. Let's see what Pioneer and Sony bring to the party...

Sep 1, 2016 at 11:29 AM Post #11,091 of 16,326
It's funny you mention the es60 here. I have been on an extensive search for the best portable setup I could come up with.

I've had been using the Onkyo player with the ES60s for a couple of months- and was very happy. After a lot of back and forth, I finally splurged on the Silver Dragon balanced cable for the ES60- and all I can say is that if you are using the Westones- get a good balanced cable. As good as it is in SE mode, the improvement was not subtle.

Give it s try- you will not be disappointed.

-O

Sep 1, 2016 at 12:30 PM Post #11,092 of 16,326
and here is Onkyo DP-X2

1) Next-generation high-resolution corresponding digital audio player
Hi-Res compatible digital audio player that was born from the commitment to Onkyo audio design concept and high-quality sound of
Over. The circuit design and amplifier technology cultivated in the development of digital audio players, which was launched last year to brush up
Improve the sound quality, also a new fun by mounting the camera was also expanded, stylish next-generation model.
[Main Features]
■ industry-leading DAC & amplifier and the circuit design of attention not only high-resolution sound source, CD ripping sound source,
Also high-quality sound even audio compression and streaming sound source
■ balance by Twin DAC equipped with drive
■ music, videos, games apps this in one. Infinitely wide entertainment anytime, anywhere without choosing the time and place
Gel Google PlayTM support of Android engine.
■ FLAC, WAV, DSD, MQA playback function
■ 5inch touch panel LCD with
■ 16-megapixel rear camera, 8-megapixel front camera
■ including the microSD card slot, a large capacity of up to 328GB corresponding
■ Bluetooth® featured, Wi-Fi support
■ built-in speaker and microphone mounted

http://belltoneaudio.info/entry/2016/09/01/180529

Sep 1, 2016 at 12:35 PM Post #11,095 of 16,326
No kidding. I'm more interested to know what they've done to improve sound quality. Can't imagine people were clamoring for a camera in a dap. I've already got a phone for that.

Sep 1, 2016 at 12:35 PM Post #11,096 of 16,326
onkyo dpx2? or onkyo smartphone dpx2 
blink.gif

what's the point of the camera in daps? 
confused_face_2.gif

Sep 1, 2016 at 12:50 PM Post #11,097 of 16,326
Yeah just add a SIM card and I'll be able to get rid of my iPhone for this.

Sep 1, 2016 at 12:59 PM Post #11,098 of 16,326
I think these DAP manufacturers being obsessed with Hi Res is a real folly. Streaming must surely be of more interest to more people?
A DAP specifically aimed at sounding as good as possible with Tidal would get my money.

Sep 1, 2016 at 1:45 PM Post #11,099 of 16,326
I think these DAP manufacturers being obsessed with Hi Res is a real folly. Streaming must surely be of more interest to more people?
A DAP specifically aimed at sounding as good as possible with Tidal would get my money.

No because many of us dont really stream. I have crappy internet right now where I am live and eventhough I have unlimited high speed data, I can only hotspot 22 gigs a month. That would kill my data if I streamed. I purchase cd's and but flac and alac music.

Sep 1, 2016 at 1:51 PM Post #11,100 of 16,326
Ditto. That's why the new Sony DAPs are a fail for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back