ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Sep 1, 2016 at 1:52 PM Post #11,101 of 16,328
No because many of us dont really stream. I have crappy internet right now where I am live and eventhough I have unlimited high speed data, I can only hotspot 22 gigs a month. That would kill my data if I streamed. I purchase cd's and but flac and alac music.
Sorry to say it but your in the minority now. Not many people buy CDs in 2016. Streaming, like it or not, is the future. Hopefully MQA becomes a real thing and can make it better

Sep 1, 2016 at 2:32 PM Post #11,102 of 16,328
Sorry to say it but your in the minority now. Not many people buy CDs in 2016. Streaming, like it or not, is the future. Hopefully MQA becomes a real thing and can make it better

I hope MQA becomes a real thing also well a popular thing. I am not apposed to streaming loseless, I just not able to right now. Maybe I can get TiDAl added to bing on with tmobile. Maybe it is already and I can stream for free.

Sep 1, 2016 at 3:34 PM Post #11,103 of 16,328
I hope MQA becomes a real thing also well a popular thing. I am not apposed to streaming loseless, I just not able to right now. Maybe I can get TiDAl added to bing on with tmobile. Maybe it is already and I can stream for free.
Been there since May. Streaming from tidal won't affect your data if you've got T-Mobile.

https://techcrunch.com/2016/05/17/google-play-music-spotify-tidal-more-join-t-mobiles-binge-on/

Sep 1, 2016 at 3:59 PM Post #11,104 of 16,328
Not all plugs are the same. I had a 6.5mm adapter made for me and it doesn't fit snugly with every headphone, some fit so poorly the headphone cuts out. Today I tried my 800S and it didn't fit well, but my ONKYO A800 and MT220 fit perfectly as did my TH600. That tells you there can be some differences in the plugs so perhaps that explains at least some "bad" fits with the DP-X1.

How do you like them the Onkyo A800s?

Sep 1, 2016 at 4:03 PM Post #11,105 of 16,328
That is odd, I'm not sure what to say. I tried I think two 3.5mm plugs when I had a DP-X1 and I had no issue at all. I'm sorry that you are having this issue. I see that you are in line to grab one of the new Sony DAPs. Are you going gold or black?
I'd go for the gold one even though I despise the color.

About that dpx2 pic, guys I think that is also a jeita 4.4mm for balanced next to the 3.5mm but hey if it's robust and more rugged than the DP-X1, go go go

Sep 1, 2016 at 4:45 PM Post #11,106 of 16,328
No because many of us dont really stream. I have crappy internet right now where I am live and eventhough I have unlimited high speed data, I can only hotspot 22 gigs a month. That would kill my data if I streamed. I purchase cd's and but flac and alac music.

When I say streaming I mean storing offline within the app.

Sep 1, 2016 at 5:21 PM Post #11,107 of 16,328
When I say streaming I mean storing offline within the app.

Ok so you download the music and store it on the app and dont have to be online? I dont know much about it. I was thinking it was like pandora streaming and such.

Sep 1, 2016 at 5:34 PM Post #11,108 of 16,328
Ok so you download the music and store it on the app and dont have to be online? I dont know much about it. I was thinking it was like pandora streaming and such.

Yes. Certainly with Spotify and Tidal. You can download via wifi so it doesn't eat into your data plan.
If you couldn't store offline it would be of limited interest to me.

Sep 1, 2016 at 5:38 PM Post #11,109 of 16,328
Yes. Certainly with Spotify and Tidal. You can download via wifi so it doesn't eat into your data plan.
If you couldn't store offline it would be of limited interest to me.

Ok once I get a player other than the ipod and my phone I will look into it more. I get a mil discount so it is a pretty good deal. Guess I might have to get another 200 gig sd card.

Sep 1, 2016 at 10:18 PM Post #11,110 of 16,328
  and here is Onkyo DP-X2

1) Next-generation high-resolution corresponding digital audio player
Hi-Res compatible digital audio player that was born from the commitment to Onkyo audio design concept and high-quality sound of
Over. The circuit design and amplifier technology cultivated in the development of digital audio players, which was launched last year to brush up
Improve the sound quality, also a new fun by mounting the camera was also expanded, stylish next-generation model.
[Main Features]
■ industry-leading DAC & amplifier and the circuit design of attention not only high-resolution sound source, CD ripping sound source,
Also high-quality sound even audio compression and streaming sound source
■ balance by Twin DAC equipped with drive
■ music, videos, games apps this in one. Infinitely wide entertainment anytime, anywhere without choosing the time and place
Gel Google PlayTM support of Android engine.
■ FLAC, WAV, DSD, MQA playback function
■ 5inch touch panel LCD with
■ 16-megapixel rear camera, 8-megapixel front camera
■ including the microSD card slot, a large capacity of up to 328GB corresponding
■ Bluetooth® featured, Wi-Fi support
■ built-in speaker and microphone mounted

http://belltoneaudio.info/entry/2016/09/01/180529

What is the point of having the camera? 

Sep 1, 2016 at 10:27 PM Post #11,111 of 16,328
I dont see a point in the camera. You can just  upload to facebook and messanging apps and such. Keep it a music player.

Sep 1, 2016 at 10:32 PM Post #11,113 of 16,328
Add more new features to jack up the price I guess!

I guess they are trying catch those who love android based streamming daps in a way of smartphone . Hence there are 2 versions? one is serious and one is for fun....

Sep 1, 2016 at 10:36 PM Post #11,114 of 16,328
2 versions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back