ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Jun 21, 2016 at 7:42 AM Post #9,407 of 16,326
Jun 21, 2016 at 7:46 AM Post #9,409 of 16,326
Hi Guys, 

I’m looking at the Onkyo DP-X1, I was just wondering how you update the android on it? 

Can you update through Wifi on the X1 (like a normal phone and then apps update) or do you have to connect the X1 to a computer to to do this? 

I'm mainly using it for spotify and tidal, can you EQ these programs on it?

Also any suggestions on where to get it from? I see alot of Honk Kong resellers but abit worried about what kind of recharging plug I'll get and the voltage. 

This device could save my age old problem of a portable device that could power my Q701's.

any help will be appreciated,

John 

Jun 21, 2016 at 7:53 AM Post #9,410 of 16,326
  Hi Guys, 

I’m looking at the Onkyo DP-X1, I was just wondering how you update the android on it? 

Can you update through Wifi on the X1 (like a normal phone and then apps update) or do you have to connect the X1 to a computer to to do this? 

I made all updates through Wi Fi, like normal phone

I'm mainly using it for spotify and tidal, can you EQ these programs on it?

Not using, but I think yes.

Also any suggestions on where to get it from? I see alot of Honk Kong resellers but abit worried about what kind of recharging plug I'll get and the voltage. 

I took mine from Hong Kong, eglobalcentral.eu - no recharger at all, just cable, working well with my computer or Sony charger.

This device could save my age old problem of a portable device that could power my Q701's.

any help will be appreciated,

John 

Jun 21, 2016 at 8:04 AM Post #9,411 of 16,326
Thanks for the replies man, 

Are they planning on doing future android updates?

Is it easy to download apps onto the device? Just through Google Play store? anything you want? 

Will this power the hd 600 or 650? 

Thanks, 

John 

Jun 21, 2016 at 8:10 AM Post #9,412 of 16,326
  Thanks for the replies man, 

Are they planning on doing future android updates?

Hope so as all of us :)

Is it easy to download apps onto the device? Just through Google Play store? anything you want? 

Easy - same as on any android phone.

Will this power the hd 600 or 650? 

300ohm - I think, it is limit. As I said previously - on max SE gives about 70-75 db - for me more than enough. Of course, depends on listening volumes :)

Thanks, 

John 

Jun 21, 2016 at 8:22 AM Post #9,416 of 16,326
  Hi, I'm new to head-fi. I just received my DP-X1 from a local dealer few days ago. Upgraded from Ibasso DX90. Overall I am really happy with it. Love the bright crystal sound and it really matched with my T5p.

Though I just wondering, I find it sound better, brighter and have more soundstage if I plug to 3.5 mm compared to the 2.5 mm output and set on balanced mode. Does anyone feel the same? Or I made some mistake here?

But if I plugged on 2.5 mm and set on ACG mode it does sound better, but the single-ended 3.5 mm would sound louder, meaning that 2.5 mm ACG mode have lower power output?

Where did you get the balanced 2.5mm cable to use with your T5p?

Is it possible that it might be faulty or incorrectly wired?

As others have indicated AGC should sound at least as powerful as 3.5mm SE. You should also be getting better soundstage and overall SQ with the 2.5mm connection.

Jun 21, 2016 at 8:29 AM Post #9,417 of 16,326
As others have indicated AGC should sound at least as powerful as 3.5mm SE.

Nope - some less - I measured.

You should also be getting better soundstage and overall SQ with the 2.5mm connection. 

Simple Balanced - some improvement. ACG - dramatical :)

Jun 21, 2016 at 8:39 AM Post #9,418 of 16,326
  As others have indicated AGC should sound at least as powerful as 3.5mm SE.

Nope - some less - I measured.

You should also be getting better soundstage and overall SQ with the 2.5mm connection. 

Simple Balanced - some improvement. ACG - dramatical :)

Almost dude.

As in an earlier post, technically at measurement, ACG maybe less powerful than SE, but perceived volume and power will be higher due to greater clarity and lower noise floor.

Of course, everyone's millage my vary.

Jun 21, 2016 at 8:43 AM Post #9,419 of 16,326
Got the balanced cable at a local cables and wires store and they are the one who do the wiring. Thanks for the tip, yes it is very likely that the wiring is not properly connected, as I should be getting better soundstage and overall SQ with the 2.5mm connection...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back