ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Jun 8, 2016 at 11:43 PM Post #9,079 of 16,326
I tried connecting my DP-X1 to my Schiit Bifrost via usb without success today.  Tried 5 different (Known to work) OTG cables,  Anyone had/tried this?  Thanks.

It works with my Gumby very well using the default music app. (Schitt Gunginir Multibit). I have a Bifrost at my office but I haven't tried it yet.

Jun 8, 2016 at 11:46 PM Post #9,080 of 16,326
Go to "settings" scroll to the bottom tap "about device/phone" tap "status" all your device info is listed! Including Serial Number.

Found it thanks. Senior moment indeed! likearake found it in the box too so I'm well covered. All this to join the onkyo forum to report on noise issues.

Jun 9, 2016 at 12:34 AM Post #9,081 of 16,326
Interesting that af.resampler.quality = 4 worked for you to solve the 3rd party music app sound quality. But quite a few other users reported that third party music apps won't work at all with this line added (they could of course remove the line to get things working again). Would you happen to know anything about that?
confused.gif

I disabled to af.resampler.quality again tried a couple of different players. Again, had to increase the device's gain to HIGH and was able to again hear it easily with poweramp which has it's own significant digital gain increase associated with it, but didn't hear it with neutron or the native app. I don't stream music so wasn't able to check those apps, but the af.resampler.quality does significantly impact the situation. I don't listen on high gain with the SE846's, they are plenty sensitive on normal and volume on the apps without a digital gain have more than enough volume.

So for me, with my gear, this is a complete non-issue. 

Can't use the volume wheel on Neutron. I used the on screen volume too.

That's a bit annoying. I'll give it a try and see what's what with some more time. I like that it doesn't have the high gain of the poweramp alpha. I get plenty of volume without digital gain.

Are you using it with a case? I think it's essential, given how sharp the edges are. I think it would be borderline unusable for me without the case.

Have you asked Matthew at Forza?

I've emailed Dignis but haven't had a response yet. Not familiar with Matthew, but if he's from Forza Audio, there isn't anything on the website regarding cases. I'd be extremely grateful on any leads on how to get a good high quality case for this brick. The form factor really winds me up. 

-Dirk

Jun 9, 2016 at 1:53 AM Post #9,082 of 16,326
For those looking for Hi-Res system, the dp-x1 + JVC ha-ss01 headphone combo sound really nice and resolution is outstanding. Both of them are Hi-Res tested and authenticated.

Jun 9, 2016 at 4:44 AM Post #9,083 of 16,326
Guys, I've seen to run into a problem. After disconnecting my Pandora Hope VI to switch to my Noble 4U, the X1 does not recognize that a headphone is plugged in. I don't get the little notification and no sound plays. I've tried various headphones and restarting it but nothing works. Any ideas?

Edit: it seems that if I select either Balanced or AGC, then the sound works, but i still don't get the notification. Switching them off cuts off the sound. Also, when I rotate the plug in the jack, sometimes the sound will cut out of the left channel.

Jun 9, 2016 at 5:31 AM Post #9,084 of 16,326
Guys, I've seen to run into a problem. After disconnecting my Pandora Hope VI to switch to my Noble 4U, the X1 does not recognize that a headphone is plugged in. I don't get the little notification and no sound plays. I've tried various headphones and restarting it but nothing works. Any ideas?

Edit: it seems that if I select either Balanced or AGC, then the sound works, but i still don't get the notification. Switching them off cuts off the sound. Also, when I rotate the plug in the jack, sometimes the sound will cut out of the left channel.

Looks like PROBLEM. Have you stopped playback when disconecting/connecting? If no - possible damage to amplifier.

Another thing - broken connector. Try to connect jack, play on low volume and rotate jack.

Hope not fried amlifier.

Jun 9, 2016 at 5:39 AM Post #9,085 of 16,326
Looks like PROBLEM. Have you stopped playback when disconecting/connecting? If no - possible damage to amplifier.

Another thing - broken connector. Try to connect jack, play on low volume and rotate jack.

Hope not fried amlifier.

Seems to be a jack issue. When I select either balanced mode, sound will play out of the jack (3.5mm). When I switch it off though the sound won't play. Rotating the plug sometimes causes the sound to cut out of the left channel.

Jun 9, 2016 at 5:56 AM Post #9,086 of 16,326
Seems to be a jack issue. When I select either balanced mode, sound will play out of the jack (3.5mm). When I switch it off though the sound won't play. Rotating the plug sometimes causes the sound to cut out of the left channel.

That happened to me (twice). its a hardware issue with the 3.5mm jack connection. you need to get it repaired.

Jun 9, 2016 at 8:03 AM Post #9,090 of 16,326
Maybe we need to invite ONKYO representatives to this forum? It will help them to improve X1.

They have their own forum, and if you cared enough, you would have been there posting ? They take it. This may be one of the largest forum in English, but there are plenty more in foreign languages .....should they have 1 per each ? Lol

Anyways, such issues like this should have been to their attentions already

Users who are viewing this thread

Back