ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Jun 8, 2016 at 7:06 AM Post #9,061 of 16,328
... After all - you are dealing with a wierdo who would love to have a DAP with a DOOR on the back that lets him put his own mSata drive in.

Nothing weird about that in my opinion.

I've long hoped for an mSata based DAP but I doubt we'll ever see one. FiiO considered it for the T3 but are going with dual SD (full size) for better power consumption.

Jun 8, 2016 at 8:09 AM Post #9,062 of 16,328

About sound and player app.
The worst thing in X1 – player app. If I would listen it before buying, I skip deal. My ears, spoiled by Foobar sound on PC, and AVG on Sony Xperia Z5, can‘t accept it. After more than week spent on listening FLAC and HR track on native app I made the following conclusions about sound:
1.CD quality files sounding really bad. HR – better, but not so good as they can with such hardware.
2.Problem – sound signature tuning. Instead of linear reference tuning, it looks Onkyo decided to make their frequency curve with significant recession on low and high end, empathizing mids. Result – no fun, character in sound signature, vocal breathing at my nose, lack of depth.
3.Equalizer – parametric - it was one of my dreams and disappointed me totally. 12db – Onkyo can advertise it as one of weakest EQ on the market. And it hardly compensate initial sound tuning. Even more it works really strange – I have feeling that it filters, not increases volume of frequency range.
4.No preamplification control.
5.No balance – not all people have the same or equal ears :)
Shame on Onkyo – had budget on great hardware, but saved costs on app.
Now working busy on different players uploading and testing.
Pity that Foobar for Android only in very beginning phase.

Jun 8, 2016 at 9:52 AM Post #9,064 of 16,328
6 player apps so people may spend a lot of time to real know each one:

Music
Neutron
Poweramp
Hiby
Foobar2000 mobile
Music for Pioneer

Jun 8, 2016 at 8:28 PM Post #9,070 of 16,328
Go to "settings" scroll to the bottom tap "about device/phone" tap "status" all your device info is listed!

I must be having a senior moment. I went to settings and scrolled down to device information and cannot locate a serial number. Lots of info about software and processor but no serial number. Anyone who's managed to locate their serial number please share.

Jun 8, 2016 at 8:49 PM Post #9,071 of 16,328
I must be having a senior moment. I went to settings and scrolled down to device information and cannot locate a serial number. Lots of info about software and processor but no serial number. Anyone who's managed to locate their serial number please share.

I don't think the serial number is in the settings as I looked for it recently. It is probably on the box the DP-X1 came in?

Jun 8, 2016 at 11:01 PM Post #9,074 of 16,328
Go to "settings" scroll to the bottom tap "about device/phone" tap "status" all your device info is listed! Including Serial Number.

It's there guys....I too had a senior moment until MadDane set me straight earlier in the thread. It's also on the box as well; I'm on the road and don't have the box in front of me, but I believe I found it in the upper right corner when looking at the panel with the numbers and bar codes printed on it.

Jun 8, 2016 at 11:31 PM Post #9,075 of 16,328
It's there guys....I too had a senior moment until MadDane set me straight earlier in the thread. It's also on the box as well; I'm on the road and don't have the box in front of me, but I believe I found it in the upper right corner when looking at the panel with the numbers and bar codes printed on it.

this is how i found mine:

Settings - Device Information - Status - scroll down to see the serial # :) 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back