ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Apr 21, 2016 at 7:58 AM Post #7,501 of 16,326
For MQA, the MQA from 2L is better in SQ than the lossless given away by AK blue notes.

Just hoping we have more MQA resources coming.

Apr 21, 2016 at 10:48 AM Post #7,503 of 16,326
I think switching to a balanced cable make a huge difference.

I was using Westone UM50pro with a Whiplash twag v3 cable when I first get this DAP.

The Hotel California Live track from Hell Freeze Over was also one of my "reference" track for testing gear.

It was weak and flat compare to my R-10 (Jap version of DX100) through SE.

The sound is very clear but lacking the punch I use to get from my old player.

So I ask my friend to custom made a 99.9% 8n Silver balanced cable for me.

And it made a huge difference! The bass became full and fast (great dynamic).

Sound-stage also improved significantly while the little details of instruments stands out which I never heard before.

It was the first time I feel that a DAP is sounded superior to my R-10.

I buy this DAP for the smooth UI and portability and streaming apps but wasn't expect an upgrade of SQ from my R-10.

I was planned to keep my R-10 at home but now I am considering to sell it for a few bucks already.

Hope you can get your hands on a balanced cable to enjoy the full potential of this DAP.

Okie I will definitely look at a cable to unleash the beast. Was surprised you chose silver. Was thinking that the general consensus was this player is already pretty good at the highs. Was worried silver might end up making the highs piercing...

Apr 21, 2016 at 11:10 AM Post #7,504 of 16,326

Hi guys I try to charging my unit and the screen is blinking like this, what does it mean for that
I still cannot turn it on, try to use recovery mode (power and the button next to it?) but still not working
What can I do with this ?

Apr 21, 2016 at 1:55 PM Post #7,507 of 16,326

Hi guys I try to charging my unit and the screen is blinking like this, what does it mean for that
I still cannot turn it on, try to use recovery mode (power and the button next to it?) but still not working
What can I do with this ?

It means the battery is completely flat. Most modern devices won't let you turn the device back on in this state and you have to charge it for awhile (15-20mins) so the battery gets enough juice to power on.

Apr 21, 2016 at 2:23 PM Post #7,508 of 16,326
I just try to unplug and charge again now it's work, look like its run out of battery but I remember battery before shut down is around 30%, pretty strange but anyway it can be turn on now

I had a couple of similar problems when I first got my player. I think it takes a few charge / discharge cycles to calibrate the power management of the device.

Apr 21, 2016 at 2:26 PM Post #7,509 of 16,326
Okie I will definitely look at a cable to unleash the beast. Was surprised you chose silver. Was thinking that the general consensus was this player is already pretty good at the highs. Was worried silver might end up making the highs piercing...

If you read my review, I did use silver cables with the bright th900 headphones. No, it is not and will not introduce piercing highs, unless you got scammed by cheap quality silver-plated cables.

I can totally confirm that it is and will be the best upgrade for your little DAP.

http://www.head-fi.org/products/onkyo-hi-res-sound-source-corresponding-digital-audio-player-32gb-dp-x1/reviews/15089

Apr 21, 2016 at 2:30 PM Post #7,510 of 16,326
Rest in peace Prince, another amazing talent gone. Damn.

Apr 21, 2016 at 3:34 PM Post #7,513 of 16,326

Users who are viewing this thread

Back