ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Apr 22, 2016 at 1:42 AM Post #7,531 of 16,326
Can anyone roughly go through with me how does pricejapan process the shipment? Was told by kaneda himself that he will ship my unit 1-2 days after payment. I paid on Tuesday and until now I have not receive any shipping info etc. Question, am I suppose to receive any emails regarding to the shipment of the player? Or does he ship the unit without sending any emails to the recipient? Thanks.

In my experience, he only sends an email when the unit has shipped. There are no progress or delay updates. From what I've read here I think that's typical.

If it were me, I'd give it until Monday and then drop him a message to see what's going on. He does respond well to enquiries but keep in mind the time difference and the fact that he's extremely busy.

Apr 22, 2016 at 1:48 AM Post #7,532 of 16,326
In my experience, he only sends an email when the unit has shipped. There are no progress or delay updates. From what I've read here I think that's typical.

If it were me, I'd give it until Monday and then drop him a message to see what's going on. He does respond well to enquiries but keep in mind the time difference and the fact that he's extremely busy.

Kaneda shipped my DP-X1 with a tracking number of EMS. In about a week or 2 week I received another notice that the unit had arrived in US custom. But it was hold in the US custom almost another week.

Apr 22, 2016 at 2:19 AM Post #7,533 of 16,326
Kaneda shipped my DP-X1 with a tracking number of EMS. In about a week or 2 week I received another notice that the unit had arrived in US custom. But it was hold in the US custom almost another week.

Yes, that's one delay no enquiry can speed up.

But be happy that it's only an increased wait. In Europe we have the pleasure of a large customs charge in addition to the delay.

Apr 22, 2016 at 3:59 AM Post #7,535 of 16,326
Can anyone roughly go through with me how does pricejapan process the shipment? Was told by kaneda himself that he will ship my unit 1-2 days after payment. I paid on Tuesday and until now I have not receive any shipping info etc. Question, am I suppose to receive any emails regarding to the shipment of the player? Or does he ship the unit without sending any emails to the recipient? Thanks.

Why you didn't order it from price Japan thought Amazon !! I did mine this way and came in 5 days

Apr 22, 2016 at 4:13 AM Post #7,536 of 16,326
The only single reason why I chose pricejapan over Amazon was warranty. I find it a hassle to contact the sellers at Amazon.Jp(it's cheaper for me to order from there even including shipping). Kaneda from pricejapan knows English so that's pretty much it.

Apr 22, 2016 at 4:25 AM Post #7,537 of 16,326
The only single reason why I chose pricejapan over Amazon was warranty. I find it a hassle to contact the sellers at Amazon.Jp(it's cheaper for me to order from there even including shipping). Kaneda from pricejapan knows English so that's pretty much it.

I've done my order through Amazon us. Even spoke to Kaneda and sent him mail
I received the unit with full invoices and warranty , even invoice came in 3 copies

Apr 22, 2016 at 6:05 AM Post #7,540 of 16,326
Messing around with our Laser cutter/etcher and etched a photoshopped picture of me on Zobie form... Hahaha

Yeah thanks for the PM, I'm pretty psyched!!!

I can't wait for my skins ^^

Apr 22, 2016 at 6:47 AM Post #7,542 of 16,326
I posted this on FB Head-Fi (21st), but reposting my audio gear that I took down to London on my business trip on the 20th, where I was given a Regional Field Manager and Event Manager roles for one of the big three gaming companies (awaiting the time when I can disclose who that company is):

Well I was super busy in London yesterday, got my training done for two big upcoming job roles so yay (gaming related btw).

Going down to and returning from London I took three pieces of audio gear and associated cabling.

Source:
- Onkyo DP-X1 digital audio player.
For headphones set to High gain, and in-ear monitor Normal Gain.
DAP was set to ACG balanced out.

Headphones:
- Audeze EL8 Titanium headphones (part of 2016 EL8 series)
Cable used is Double Helix Cables Molecule Elite Fusion 4-Wire balanced cable.

- Heir Audio 4.Ai IEM's
Cable used is Double Helix Cables Symbiote SP Fusion 8-Wire balanced cable.

Music was a mix of whatever I fancied, so Moderat, Disclosure, Pink Floyd, Trentemøller, The Prodigy, The Chemical Brothers, and John Hopkins.

Due to length of meeting I was unable to see Custom Cables (sorry guy's :cry:) or go anywhere in London much.

No review, just awesome music and gear, but brief impressions:

Audeze EL8 Titanium gave me natural organic music as they always do.

Heir Audio 4.Ai IEM's focus on micro-dynamics and detail, perfect for noisy London!

Onkyo DP-X1 (in DPA-PUX1 leather case and DPA-GL033 tempered glass screen protector) being charged by an Anker Astro Pro 2 20,000 mAh transportable battery.

Audeze EL8 Titanium headphones and Heir Audio 4.Ai IEM's with DHC balanced cables each respectively.

First album listened to was Moderat's 'Moderat III' Deluxe Edition.

My happy face enjoying the Audeze EL8 Titanium on my outbound journey to London.

Just as I was arriving to London, switched to my Heir Audio 4.Ai IEM's with balanced DHC's.

My thinking of the change was two fold:
- My Audeze EL8 Titanium's are big and heavy so commuting with them was not, in my mind, a great idea.
- The Heir Audio 4.Ai, whilst not as organic as my EL8 Ti, are light, small (though flashy), and because they pick out micro-dynamics and details were perfect fro noisy London!

Side shot of the Heir Audio 4.Ai IEM's, showing of the lovely amboyna burl wooden faceplates and Eidolic 2-Pin IEM connectors on my balanced DHC.

Getting a very nice cappuccino!

No time to visit London proper.

After meeting and a quiet drink with a friend, back on train to home.

This time only my Audeze EL8 Titanium headphones with my Onlyo DP-X1.

Nice relaxing music from chillout, ambient, techno electronica master John Hopkins ^^

Exhausted me with Audeze EL8 Titanium folded... zzz

I also bought the Dignis LUNO DP-X1 leather case in black for £61.68/$85.68. This will replace my official Onkyo DPA-PUX1 leather case. CAN'T WAIT!

Apr 22, 2016 at 7:52 AM Post #7,544 of 16,326
That OEM case looks cheap! You'll love the lush leather and thee quality of Dignis, I'm sure.

Ha ha ha, I'm pretty sure I will, that's why I bought it!
EXPENSIVE and stupid of me to buy but it looks soooooo nice, and I love my DP-X1... :heart_eyes:

When I'm at home, or listening to music in a single spot away from home, I'll take the case off and expose my DP-X1 with skins that Bong Hollywodd is making me.
Any other time, Dignis LUNO case!

The yellow interior of the official DPA-PUX1 was really cool but the leather case overall is thin and, cheap...ish, looking.

Just can't wait to get the Dignis case and, with no rush, the skins (which I will review).

Now, about SanDisk releasing 512 GB MicroSDXC cards...they need to do it soon, so Amazon can then discount it my end of this year :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Apr 22, 2016 at 7:54 AM Post #7,545 of 16,326
I posted this on FB Head-Fi (21st), but reposting my audio gear that I took down to London on my business trip on the 20th, where I was given a Regional Field Manager and Event Manager roles for one of the big three gaming companies (awaiting the time when I can disclose who that company is):
I also bought the Dignis LUNO DP-X1 leather case in black for £61.68/$85.68. This will replace my official Onkyo DPA-PUX1 leather case. CAN'T WAIT!

Great write up

Quite funny to see the changes in expression from the start of the day up to the end shot

dt880smile.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back