ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Apr 21, 2016 at 9:01 PM Post #7,516 of 16,326
If you read my review, I did use silver cables with the bright th900 headphones. No, it is not and will not introduce piercing highs, unless you got scammed by cheap quality silver-plated cables.

I can totally confirm that it is and will be the best upgrade for your little DAP.

http://www.head-fi.org/products/onkyo-hi-res-sound-source-corresponding-digital-audio-player-32gb-dp-x1/reviews/15089

Second that (second the second of my recommendation)

Also, my UM50pro is well known for its mid and bass.

That's why a 99.9 8n silver cable is not piercing at all.

PS: you may need to switch to low or normal gain before fully run-in the cable.

Apr 21, 2016 at 9:30 PM Post #7,517 of 16,326
Can anyone roughly go through with me how does pricejapan process the shipment? Was told by kaneda himself that he will ship my unit 1-2 days after payment. I paid on Tuesday and until now I have not receive any shipping info etc. Question, am I suppose to receive any emails regarding to the shipment of the player? Or does he ship the unit without sending any emails to the recipient? Thanks.

Apr 21, 2016 at 9:47 PM Post #7,518 of 16,326
Hi guys it's been a fun ride but I'm letting go of my 2-month-old DP-X1. Reason is I'm not using the Android features at all, I thought I would but would revert to my cellphone instead. So I might as well go back to dedicated DAPs. The ad is in my sig. Make no mistake they sound great. PM me if anyone's interested.

Apr 21, 2016 at 11:16 PM Post #7,519 of 16,326
  Hi guys it's been a fun ride but I'm letting go of my 2-month-old DP-X1. Reason is I'm not using the Android features at all, I thought I would but would revert to my cellphone instead. So I might as well go back to dedicated DAPs. The ad is in my sig. Make no mistake they sound great. PM me if anyone's interested.

Dern, if I had $650 to blow...then again, I'm about where you are, the Questyle really had me hooked when I listened to it. It did what I needed it to, show me the music files, play the music files, sound damn good.

I'm sure you will get full asking price.

Apr 21, 2016 at 11:27 PM Post #7,520 of 16,326

Dern, if I had $650 to blow...then again, I'm about where you are, the Questyle really had me hooked when I listened to it. It did what I needed it to, show me the music files, play the music files, sound damn good.

Lol, the QP1R is exactly what I'm going for next.

Apr 21, 2016 at 11:29 PM Post #7,522 of 16,326

I agree with you, qp1r sound fantastic in SE, but I didn't like the ui and scroll wheel in qp1r.

Apr 22, 2016 at 12:41 AM Post #7,524 of 16,326

Retracted as I didn't want to seem like I was working against your sale mate!

Apr 22, 2016 at 12:43 AM Post #7,525 of 16,326
Another option people can consider is a good Bluetooth headphone and have a true portable, wire free experience! I know, that isn't for everybody, but if anybody is on the fence, and is a true portable user like I am (public transit user) then you absolutely can cut the cord and enjoy the freedom. As many of you know I was a fairly early adopter of the DP-X1 and used it balanced with a PM3 and I can tell you I do not feel cheated out of anything sound quality wise having just gone with my G3 as a source and the B&O H7.

It is an option so for any lurkers out there who are like me really portable users, and you have a smartphone with Bluetooth Apt X, you can consider not getting a DAP at all. Before I even sold the DP-X1 I was quite surprised that a Bluetooth based rig could rival it, but I had to admit to myself it did. I'm sure if I sat around and took notes and compared and contrasted I might have found some small differences, but I don't listen to music like that, certainly not when on the go. Still a big fan of the DP-X1, but I do like to stir the pot and get people thinking about a non DAP alternative.

Apr 22, 2016 at 1:01 AM Post #7,527 of 16,326
  Another option people can consider is a good Bluetooth headphone and have a true portable, wire free experience! I know, that isn't for everybody, but if anybody is on the fence, and is a true portable user like I am (public transit user) then you absolutely can cut the cord and enjoy the freedom. As many of you know I was a fairly early adopter of the DP-X1 and used it balanced with a PM3 and I can tell you I do not feel cheated out of anything sound quality wise having just gone with my G3 as a source and the B&O H7.

It is an option so for any lurkers out there who are like me really portable users, and you have a smartphone with Bluetooth Apt X, you can consider not getting a DAP at all. Before I even sold the DP-X1 I was quite surprised that a Bluetooth based rig could rival it, but I had to admit to myself it did. I'm sure if I sat around and took notes and compared and contrasted I might have found some small differences, but I don't listen to music like that, certainly not when on the go. Still a big fan of the DP-X1, but I do like to stir the pot and get people thinking about a non DAP alternative.

...and in this thread you have no OP to throw a fit everytime you do :)

Very valid points, as always.

Apr 22, 2016 at 1:04 AM Post #7,528 of 16,326

I have my V10 and my Lg Bluetooth headphone when I work out. Or sometimes I use my audiotechica ath Bluetooth adaptor when I'm on my bike. But if I'm in my office, on a plane, train, bus, or taxi (travel a lot for work) then it's my DP-X1. I don't think this is going to be replaced in my stable. Balanced and full size cans and I'm a very happy camper. So far this player had been to Australia, New Zealand and Barstow... Heading to S.Korea, Japan, Singapore and Hong Kong next month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back