ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Feb 10, 2016 at 3:36 PM Post #5,176 of 16,326

Do you even Google, bro?
wink_face.gif

https://fccid.io/2AE79-2015DAP

Wow... man, I googled for onkyo dp-x1 fcc-id, went to the fcc website, and decided to search head-fi :)
Thanks!!  This will help others if they get stopped.  What search parameters did you use on google??

thanks.

Feb 10, 2016 at 5:38 PM Post #5,177 of 16,326
Looks like I will have an extra DP-X1 next week. :blink:

FromJapan won't cancel my Amazon.jp out of stock order. They tell me it will be in the Amazon.jp warehouse on Jan 8th.  Oh well. :rolleyes:
Meanwhile, my second order (Amazon.jp seller and Tenso) is in now in Chicago customs. :beerchug:  

...and my new black dragon cables have just arrived from Drew (Moon Audio). I am ready! :L3000:

Is it a balanced cable?

Feb 11, 2016 at 3:24 AM Post #5,180 of 16,326
Hi everyone,

Sorry if this has been answered... I have done a search with no luck.

How does the dual cards in this player work with Google Play Music? Can I use Google Play Music (All Access) to download to the first card, then when it is full download to the second... Keeping access to all of the downloaded music on both cards?

Feb 11, 2016 at 3:39 AM Post #5,181 of 16,326
Btw guys, an update for the stock music app for the DP-X1 is available on the Play Store.

Feb 11, 2016 at 6:55 AM Post #5,185 of 16,326

I love the Linum Balanced both for comfort (it's like you're wearing wireless IEMs :p) and sound (they're really very good).

Did you try balanced only with DP-X1?
I know the difference between single ended and balanced on DP-X1 is less spectacular than from my previous PHA-3 amp/dac.
I think it's a testimony to how good single ended is implemented on DP-X1.

Sorry for the late reply, had not been on this thread much lately so only just catching up.

I tried the Balance & SE with my SE535, but even though I feel the soundstage is wider and the bass deeper (note: also differences between ACG and Balanced) I personally feel my needs were not quite met, but I put this down to the SE535, especially as I tend to prefer my Finder X1 and B&O H3 sound and even the RHA T20 at the moment.

Personally and these are my own, very early impressions, I prefer the sound I get from my Mojo SE with any souce, Phone AK100 MKII or Onkyo, than the overall effect from DP-X1 in Balanced mode.
But I am still trialling IEM's and trying to find a good all round performer. 

Final decision yet to be made

Feb 11, 2016 at 7:12 AM Post #5,186 of 16,326
@masterpfa Well, Mojo single ended is superb even against balanced DAPs or amps, I'll grant you that :) Mojo is the king of dynamics with both unmatched punch and excellent low detail retrieval. DP-X1 has different qualities in particular more air and separation, mids are less forward than the Mojo this might explain that. I have said it before, balanced vs single ended on DP-X1 is not night and day (except from power in BTL).

One thing I wished the DP-X1 had is at least the same output impedance balanced than single ended, 1 ohm is good, 2 ohm little less so. Mojo is 0.075 ohm which is amazing. This is particularly sensitive with low impedance IEMs (16ohm and under), and even more with multi-BA driver setup that tend to exhibit impedance swings across the frequency range that make them hard to drive properly. Also, lower impedance make headphone and IEMs louder, but the current requirements are higher not every amp will deliver properly (follow the link above). Dynamic drivers do not suffer from impedance swings you should be fine even with 16ohm IEM.

Feb 11, 2016 at 9:03 AM Post #5,187 of 16,326
Need some info.
I ordered DP-X1 from price Japan on the 5th.  I was wondering how long did you wait for an ems number from the day you ordered?  I tried to eamil them and asked for status and no reply.  I tried to reply from the quote (how much) email and the receipt email.  I also tried going to pricejapan.com and filled the contact form out and asked them to give me some kind of status (in the email, I give them my order number and paypal receipt). 
do they not usually respond or is there something else I am missing?
thanks

Feb 11, 2016 at 11:33 AM Post #5,188 of 16,326
Need some info.
I ordered DP-X1 from price Japan on the 5th.  I was wondering how long did you wait for an ems number from the day you ordered?  I tried to eamil them and asked for status and no reply.  I tried to reply from the quote (how much) email and the receipt email.  I also tried going to pricejapan.com and filled the contact form out and asked them to give me some kind of status (in the email, I give them my order number and paypal receipt). 
do they not usually respond or is there something else I am missing?
thanks

I have ordered one on 1/29/16 and emailed Kaneda about the shipping method. He responded right away as FedEx and EMS will have the same arriving time only for USA which will be 3 weeks.

Feb 11, 2016 at 2:07 PM Post #5,189 of 16,326
Anyone looking for a great hard shell case for your valuable audio stuffs: $11

http://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Universal-Travel-Electronics-Accessories/dp/B002VPE1QG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1455217468&sr=8-1&keywords=amazonbasics+case

Feb 11, 2016 at 2:20 PM Post #5,190 of 16,326
I briefly compared the Onkyo DP-X1 + E12A to my Fiio X5 + E12A and sadly I still prefer the X5 warmth and overall sound.

My test settings:

3.5mm port & 2.5mm balanced tested.
"DSP function" checked
Equalizer is set to custom in a "U" shape to match the X5 "pop" EQ setting.
A.C.G
Digital Filter : Slow
Up-sampling : off

I will continue to test, but I still prefer the X5 / X7 + E12A sound more.
happy_face1.gif

Question: Can custom equalizer presets be exported/imported?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back