ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Feb 10, 2016 at 10:53 AM Post #5,162 of 16,328
Can some smart person explain "DSP Function" in detail (I use the equalizer). 
bigsmile_face.gif
What is it for? The explanation in the manual doesn't make sense.
confused_face.gif

Feb 10, 2016 at 11:29 AM Post #5,163 of 16,328
On purchasing/importing the Onkyo DP-X1 to the U.S from Japan.

The DAP is stuck at U.S. customs because they want a few items answered on the form FCC 750.
those items are as follows:

Part I:
a. Device Model/Type Name or #
b. Trade Name
c. FCC ID
d. Description

Part II (one option need to be selected)

I wonder If this is something new, or maybe the exporter just didn't complete the rest of the custom form.  If you have any information about the items
on the form that they are requesting, please advise.  Definitely, if you have the unit, and your documentation or something specifies the FCC ID etc.,
it will help speed the process.

Thanks

Feb 10, 2016 at 12:02 PM Post #5,164 of 16,328
Just got the onkyo 2 days ago in Japan, flew back yesterday. ¥68,666 including the tempered glass protector thanks to tax free + additional credit card discount.
Also got a "cheap" balanced cable from e-earphone for my se846. After a couple hours of quick testing I am really happy with what I am listening. The output is much more powerful on balanced, volume set at 70 does the job. On unbalanced I had to push it over 100..

Seems like i left 1 day too early to get the leather case but just ordered it from rakuten, hopefully I can get it next week as I am a bit scared to scratch it.

Feb 10, 2016 at 12:26 PM Post #5,165 of 16,328
  Can some smart person explain "DSP Function" in detail (I use the equalizer). 
bigsmile_face.gif
What is it for? The explanation in the manual doesn't make sense.
confused_face.gif

DSP , I think it enhanced the not so good recorded song. I personally don't use it.

For mp3 , if the recording quality is below par. I use the Up frequency to 96kHz function.

Feb 10, 2016 at 12:30 PM Post #5,166 of 16,328

The Opus to me has the same signature as the AK240, but I feel that its better than the AK240 with more tonal density and less thinner sounding than the AK240. 
I would still go for the DPX1 tho.. sonically i prefer the DPX1, but the UI is also more stable (memory card at some occasions wasn't able to be read, had to be removed and inserted again) and the screen on the Opus is not as good (read:kinda bad)
All this listening was done single ended didn't go balanced, Sorry guys!

The Opus is only offered in Hong Kong but not the nearby China mainland market. I suspected it is related to AK240 mother company because the technical spec. and sound signature is so similar to AK240.

Approx. 70% of AK players are sold to China mainland market.

Feb 10, 2016 at 12:42 PM Post #5,167 of 16,328
As one of the first owner of DP-X1 here, I was telling people that there isn't any Qualcomm DAC but only apps that either can utilize it properly or not but i guess this new Android based DAP territory is still quite a no man's land.

I agreed with you. We use Moov streaming in Hong Kong. The SQ is almost the same as the stock player app.

Feb 10, 2016 at 2:28 PM Post #5,168 of 16,328
  On purchasing/importing the Onkyo DP-X1 to the U.S from Japan.

The DAP is stuck at U.S. customs because they want a few items answered on the form FCC 750.
those items are as follows:

Part I:
a. Device Model/Type Name or #
b. Trade Name
c. FCC ID
d. Description

Part II (one option need to be selected)

I wonder If this is something new, or maybe the exporter just didn't complete the rest of the custom form.  If you have any information about the items
on the form that they are requesting, please advise.  Definitely, if you have the unit, and your documentation or something specifies the FCC ID etc.,
it will help speed the process.

Thanks

Strange, I just got mine from japan via Chicago customs with no issues or charges.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back