ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Feb 8, 2016 at 10:46 AM Post #5,087 of 16,326
  ..there you go.... tks mazzy..
..wish I saw it when I first searched..

You welcome!
  1. use google chrome browser with translation settings japanese to english
2. japanese "price.com" http://kakaku.com/item/K0000820303/ you can check actual price at this moment from all japanese shops.
3.  price history http://kakaku.com/item/K0000820303/pricehistory/
4. copy / past link from shop you like to zenmarket.jp page.
5. EMS is usual way

for actual Yen\ US$  - use currency converter  xe.com   so 66760 yen now is   568.65$

and finally promo code with 500yen is still available - use it when register on zenmarket F868CDAA

for over 10 years EMS always delivered, even from Russia to US, I newer heard that package is been lost during shipment time.

Feb 8, 2016 at 12:56 PM Post #5,088 of 16,326
Hello everyone, I have just caught on to the tail end of the discussion of this incredible sounding device (on paper as I've yet to hear anything personally).

I was curious if anyone whom has tested or currently has a unit could provide a little insight? I was curious if there were options to control both pitch and playback speed. These are two features I personally look out for in a device.
Thanks for any feedback provided.

Feb 8, 2016 at 1:05 PM Post #5,089 of 16,326
  Hello everyone, I have just caught on to the tail end of the discussion of this incredible sounding device (on paper as I've yet to hear anything personally).

I was curious if anyone whom has tested or currently has a unit could provide a little insight? I was curious if there were options to control both pitch and playback speed. These are two features I personally look out for in a device.
Thanks for any feedback provided.

not out of the box, but if there is an Android app for this, it should work.

Feb 8, 2016 at 1:28 PM Post #5,090 of 16,326
Oh great, for both? If anyone can provide perhaps a pic or a more direct answer I appreciate it. Kinda toeing the line between getting a LG v10, which I know would be smashed by this or a Sony PCM D-100 again as that with my Mier Corda Sidestep is AWESOME. 

Thank Bflat for the quick response, just looking for a little more detail on the availability of those options

Feb 8, 2016 at 3:52 PM Post #5,091 of 16,326
  Oh great, for both? If anyone can provide perhaps a pic or a more direct answer I appreciate it. Kinda toeing the line between getting a LG v10, which I know would be smashed by this or a Sony PCM D-100 again as that with my Mier Corda Sidestep is AWESOME. 

Thank Bflat for the quick response, just looking for a little more detail on the availability of those options

I don't know of any personally so the the answer was theoretical. Basically, you gain the benefit of a full Android implementation with Google Play built in.

Feb 8, 2016 at 4:17 PM Post #5,092 of 16,326
For everyone curious as I was I found the answer after a short look around ( at work so I don't have all the time to look through all for best review).
Barring taking reviews into consideration I found two examples that provide either Speed change or pitch adjustment, they are as follows:

Audioshift for pitch control -" Audioshift controls TempoPitch and Vocals of music and other audio played with Android phones and tablet devices in real-time"

Music Speed Changer - "Music Speed Changer allows you to change the speed of audio files on your device in real time without affecting the pitch, or change the pitch without changing the speed. Both speed and pitch may be adjusted together as well. The app is also a music looper as well - you can slow down song speed and loop sections of the music for easy practice"

Some of these I was looking at are vague in their descriptions on being either a standalone settings app or a full on musicplayer, so be sure to read into wha tyou would like as well.

Feb 8, 2016 at 5:34 PM Post #5,094 of 16,326
  For everyone curious as I was I found the answer after a short look around ( at work so I don't have all the time to look through all for best review).
Barring taking reviews into consideration I found two examples that provide either Speed change or pitch adjustment, they are as follows:

Audioshift for pitch control -" Audioshift controls TempoPitch and Vocals of music and other audio played with Android phones and tablet devices in real-time"

Music Speed Changer - "Music Speed Changer allows you to change the speed of audio files on your device in real time without affecting the pitch, or change the pitch without changing the speed. Both speed and pitch may be adjusted together as well. The app is also a music looper as well - you can slow down song speed and loop sections of the music for easy practice"

Some of these I was looking at are vague in their descriptions on being either a standalone settings app or a full on musicplayer, so be sure to read into wha tyou would like as well.

Why would you need to have this control? Are you trying to make fan music versions of songs? My daughter listens to nightcore which essentially is pitch and speed changes, but other than that I don't know when people typically desire this control over playback. I'm asking out of genuine curiosity.

Feb 8, 2016 at 6:12 PM Post #5,095 of 16,326
Yea sure I'll expound. Basically I've come to find that I like playing back my music in 432 hz frequency rather than 440, which is the typical tuning most modern artists and performers play at.
In my experience, using the Sony PCM D-100 into a Mier Corda sidestep, feeding into a headphone conditioner that further cleans noise and interference and listening through the 30+ year old Sony DR Z7 sets off the music and in simple terms lifts a veil that in my mind and ears makes the music exciting again. I could be wrong, it might be self sabotage, however since my initial trial period going back and forth. I haven't felt the need to go back, and in fact I can't seem to really dig music as much as I can if these presets are not locked in. 

Feb 8, 2016 at 6:14 PM Post #5,096 of 16,326
Sorry for double posting, however I would recommend getting on youtube and checking out recordings at 432, there is plenty in the way of classical, modern and the like. You just might be surprised at rediscovering old favorites..

Feb 8, 2016 at 6:27 PM Post #5,097 of 16,326
Interesting, just read the results of an Internet based experiment with Pitch Shifting and the two hundred or so people who were asked to rate which tuning they preferred found no statistical difference between 432 and 440, in fact more people indicated they preferred 440, but the absolute numbers who preferred 440 weren't significantly more than those who said they preferred 432. Curious, I also found a bunch of new-age sites reporting healing benefits of 432 playback of music, but I think I will leave those claims alone.

Edited my response as it wasn't hundreds, I was mistaken, it was a little over two hundred when I reread.

Feb 8, 2016 at 8:13 PM Post #5,098 of 16,326
Yea I agree with the new age stuff. They seem to have a LOT of info to share, however in terms of overall feelings I wouldn't say necessarily I feel more connected with the universe, however I feel more connected with my music and that's good enough for me. To each their own.

Moving on, is there any comparisons made possibly between this and say the LG V10, I'm sure going off of spec the Onkyo would trounce, but I'm always open to user feedback

Feb 8, 2016 at 8:32 PM Post #5,099 of 16,326
  Interesting, just read the results of an Internet based experiment with Pitch Shifting and the two hundred or so people who were asked to rate which tuning they preferred found no statistical difference between 432 and 440, in fact more people indicated they preferred 440, but the absolute numbers who preferred 440 weren't significantly more than those who said they preferred 432. Curious, I also found a bunch of new-age sites reporting healing benefits of 432 playback of music, but I think I will leave those claims alone.

Edited my response as it wasn't hundreds, I was mistaken, it was a little over two hundred when I reread.

I believe you are referencing this. Tried to wade through the many disparate comments, an interesting journey although I for one did not reach any conclusions about either discernible musical or health benefits as some claimed. Also, the experiment used pitch shifting as Sonic Defender correctly states, but some claimed the results would be different for music created at 432. I for one remain unconvinced, but it's a diverting read if you have the time and interest.

Feb 8, 2016 at 8:37 PM Post #5,100 of 16,326

I believe you are referencing this. Tried to wade through the many disparate comments, an interesting journey although I for one did not reach any conclusions about either discernible musical or health benefits as some claimed. Also, the experiment used pitch shifting as Sonic Defender correctly states, but some claimed the results would be different for music created at 432. I for one remain unconvinced, but it's a diverting read if you have the time and interest.

You are an astute investigator sir as that is what I read. In general I tend to believe that the least amount of adjustment is always best so I will not pretend that I wasn't a sceptic before the read, and a respectful sceptic I remain. Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back